Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,865 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Don't Worry About Anything Part 6 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Worry About Anything Part 6 (512 Views)

Don't Worry About Anything Part 3 / Doubts About Religion? Don't Worry, You're One Of Many. / Don't Worry About The Wicked Or Envy Those Who Do Wrong. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Don't Worry About Anything Part 6 by charisville: 7:41am On Sep 05, 2013
Do not be anxious about anything. Instead, in every situation, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, tell your requests to God. Phillippians 4:6

Charis Ville Capsule

It's so interesting that believers who confess their sins, never confess worry as a sin. So, is worrying a sin? First of all, sin needs to be defined: Romans 14:23, "...that everything not from faith is sin" and worrying is not faith-based. Jesus called those who are "worriers", scant of faith meaning they didn't have confidence or belief in God.

So, worry is sin. Another definition of sin is in 1 John 5:17, "all injustice is sin". So when you worry, you are not only doing injustice or wrong in the spirit. You are also acting in an unjust manner, against your body as worry can cause what the doctors call "auto immune deficency". Worry can lead also to mental illness. Then in James 4:17, "He that knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin". We have been commanded by Jesus "not to worry"; in a short passage from Matthew 6:25-34, He mentioned it thrice.

So beloved, will you want to continue worrying? The truth is, you can't stop it on your own. Romans 6:14, "for sin shall no longer be your master, because you are not under the law, but under grace". The antidote to sin is grace. Grace gives you the ability to live a life of self-control. Receive God's unmerited favor today, and be sure that grace will quench every atom of worry from your life, if you can only believe.

Prayer: I believe in the power of grace that removes all worries from me.

Follow @charisville on twitter

Url: http:///1akVZOI

CVM Blackberry Pin: 26655112

Shalom,

Charis Ville Ministries.
Please Share.
Re: Don't Worry About Anything Part 6 by damerry(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2013
Wonderful and well articulated piece, This post was actually meant for me.. I'd bin actually worrying about something before coming into this religion section. Halleluyah, this post just pop out in front of me as if the op knew someone needs this piece today. God is great. He knows how to communicate with his children using different media. # no more worries, my God have just spoken to me through this post. God bless ya @ op

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Muslim Clerics Rule Besieged Damascus Residents May Eat Dogs / Pope Suspends Catholic Bishop For Spending N6.8billion On His Residence / Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.