Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

5 Ways To Spread Kindness. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 5 Ways To Spread Kindness. (595 Views)

Top 5 Ways To Develop Africa / Private Jets Spread Their Wings In Africa . / Random Acts Of Kindness (Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Ways To Spread Kindness. by Letshavefun(m): 9:19am On Sep 05, 2013
Doing acts of kindness isn't as difficult as it may sound. Two things i keep in mind and that will certainly help you to try being a kinder person are these:

* You'll get what you give.
I know some people will be ungrateful and not reciprocating no matter what you may do but most people will over time, treat you as you treat them.

* It'll simply make your world a nicer and happier place to live in.

Now, how can you start doing acts of kindness in your daily life? I've got here, 5 ways to do it. You don't have to do them all. Pick two that is particularly meaningful to you and start spreading kindness today.

1.) Show gratitude.
Expressing gratitude in a simple 'thankyou!' or in a sincere sentence or two really works. When next someone does something really nice to you, don't hesitate to say 'thankyou!' This can really go a long way.

2.) Replace unconstructive criticism.
Encourage instead of excessive criticism. It helps people to both raise their self-esteem and to do a better job. In the long run, it'll make things more fun.

3.) Think about how people's kindness made you feel.
Take a break and try to recall a few times when other people's kindness really touched you. Now, think about how you can do those very same thing for someone in your life.

4.) Hide a kind note.
Leave a small note with a loving or encouraging sentence in your parent's or partner's hat, tea-container or book that he or she is reading right now. That minute of your time will put smiles on their faces.

5.) Do small acts of kindness too.
Hold up the door for someone, or ask if they need help when you see them standing around with a confused look, let someone skip ahead of you in a line if he's in a real hurry.

With that in mind, i'ld love to hear your thoughts on this in the comments. More suggestions and tips are welcome.

(1) (Reply)

Happy Thanksgiving!! / I Will Be Dancing In Joy To This Song All Day / Lost But Found: Calling On Adeyo Adekunle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.