Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,548 members, 7,823,406 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK (16926 Views)

Osama Bin Laden's Family Members Die In Plane Crash / Egyptian Protesters Push An Armoured Police Van Off A Bridge, / Couple Jump-Off Bridge In China In Suicide Pact (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by pobosky20(m): 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2013
*clears throat*
Drivers in sokoto state are far better than drivers in the UK(kent area to be specific). 130 vehicles within 10mins or there about show's 'wrecklessness'.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by dejijohns(m): 5:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
aysometin: The fog this morning was scary, I don't know how I managed to drive to work, I nearly turned back. Sad thing was so many drivers on the M25 were still ****driving very fast****tongue so I am not surprised this happened at all.
Rily?? #yimu#
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by dejijohns(m): 5:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
murimoney: falls 4rm okada grin
Bro, U stil dey fal frm okada join dix bad news, shey U sha use helmet??
Rily End Time Tinz!!!
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by whytnblack: 5:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
2ndChance: All these oyibos sef. If the drivers had poor visibility, were they deaf as well? At least, they could have heard other cars crashing ahead of them na and know how to apply brakes. 1,2,3,4, ......130. Haba, I was told oyibos were smarter than this.

How would dat be possible? When they have their glass wound up, AC blowing, gbedu blasting!
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Lilimax(f): 5:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
ledafaze:

Na Jazz jare... I saw it on TV and was surprised... na Jazz
Jazz no dey work for obodo oyibo grin?
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by otunba5050(m): 5:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
God help us 4 dis world
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
what the hell? shocked shocked shocked The 2nd picture looks like cars been carried by a Multi loader truck!
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by uzoexcel(m): 6:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
Are u a retar*d?I wonder why Seun would ban my precious 'Price of Garri' advocacy group but will allow this 'end time things' comments too be spamming on nairaland?
obadiah777: end time tinz
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by uzoexcel(m): 6:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
wow...down south here, the weather was alright, no fogs...Is the fog usual in ur area?
Dis Guy: it was very foggy this morning
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by simdam500(m): 7:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Am seeing things
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by ogaju007(m): 7:33pm On Sep 05, 2013
goldfish80:
I don't really blame the weather conditions exclusively for this mess. British motorists are the worst in the world, arrogant, rude and technically inept! You could see they were driving fast and too close,its a miracle no one died.

hahahahahaha feel among.... this is a very wrong statement. the speed limit on that bridge is 50 mile/hour and monitored by average speed cameras.... your analysis is totally wrong. dont jump to conclusion from naija.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by lolexzy: 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
some of the cars would find their way to naija
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by halima2mariam: 8:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
beware of tokunbo cars from UK in the coming weeks
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by erico2k2(m): 8:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
goldfish80:
I don't really blame the weather conditions exclusively for this mess. British motorists are the worst in the world, arrogant, rude and technically inept! You could see they were driving fast and too close,its a miracle no one died.
I don't share this view if you was here you would know what tick fog really means, you could not see beyond 10ft in front this morning and that bridge is elongated hence close to the clouds and as same time bending so what do you expect?
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by erico2k2(m): 8:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
2ndChance: All these oyibos sef. If the drivers had poor visibility, were they deaf as well? At least, they could have heard other cars crashing ahead of them na and know how to apply brakes. 1,2,3,4, ......130. Haba, I was told oyibos were smarter than this.
haha na wa, Im hoping you get to drive in a country where the highways are smooth, people here wind up in the morning so car is almost sound proof hence you can drive here for years without sounding your car horn. So this might be a reason they never heard nothing.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by erico2k2(m): 8:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
okpara ugo: This caught my attention... '' they were driving without lights under foggy conditions ''.

I call that stew-pee-d.

Though some of them might have seen the mess up upfront, applied their brakes, yet slow pokes will still ram them from behind. You know what i mean
Well lights +thick Fog=Disaster
its advisable not to drive at all or put on hazard lights and do seaside traffic speed.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by erico2k2(m): 8:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
adeaugustus: Fog in early September?? One of the reason why I don't like Europe.... Hello America? It's still summer time until mid September.
erm speak for the state you live in grin grin grin
at least we don't have Hurricane ally here in Europe grin grin grin grin
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by mickyarams: 9:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
I know that bridge very well and there are no average speed cameras on it. I go to herne Bay a lot.
ogaju007:

hahahahahaha feel among.... this is a very wrong statement. the speed limit on that bridge is 50 mile/hour and monitored by average speed cameras.... your analysis is totally wrong. dont jump to conclusion from naija.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Olaone1: 9:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
uzoexcel: wow...down south here, the weather was alright, no fogs...Is the fog usual in ur area?
So Kent no be South? Nairaland sha!
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by nairacountry(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
aiint surprise; it happened on "sheppe" bridge. *Eyes Rolling*
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by goldfish80(m): 9:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
ogaju007:

According to eye witness accounts,the accident occurred in thick fog with some witnesses saying that visibility was down to 20 yards in places and that motorists were 'driving like 1diots' prior to the crash. Lastly,you don't know Kent more than I do.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by remmer56(m): 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
@least.. no one would blame GEJ.. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by uzoexcel(m): 11:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
whatz ur pointi dnt mean south of london but extreme south of the uk which is where i am..by south i mean as far as Brighton, portsmouth, southampton etc.kent is just outskirts of london...
Ola one:
So Kent no be South? Nairaland sha!
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by laplace19(m): 12:16am On Sep 06, 2013
130 cars crashed?

What more can we say?

Pls,Is this not a quintessential EnD TiMe tins ?

1 Like

Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by ogaju007(m): 12:21am On Sep 06, 2013
goldfish80:
According to eye witness accounts,the accident occurred in thick fog with some witnesses saying that visibility was down to 20 yards in places and that motorists were 'driving like 1diots' prior to the crash. Lastly,you don't know Kent more than I do.

Pelleooo balogun of kent. My apologies anyways, i jumped to conclusion as i thought it was QE Bridge at dartford.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by AbujaBlue: 12:41am On Sep 06, 2013
What a stupid post in this thread. British drivers are some of the politest there are. In naija the only code of conduct is hammering the horn, close your eyes and hope for the best. In Britain there is a whole honour code involving flashing lights)(warning for speed camera vans, letting someone onto roundabout, thanking). Some people have no clue.

In the case of this accident there were some stupid people with no lights/fog lights on, which in those conditions are crazy.
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Erukuomoibadan: 3:47am On Sep 06, 2013
The making of Fast And Furious 7
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by Olaone1: 6:29am On Sep 06, 2013
uzoexcel: whatz ur pointi dnt mean south of london but extreme south of the uk which is where i am..by south i mean as far as Brighton, portsmouth, southampton etc.kent is just outskirts of london...

Kent is outside London and south of the UK. Partly Greater London.
London is south of the UK as well.
Extreme South? Hmmmmmmmmmm. You are right but, what would you call Bournemouth, Poole and Dover?
Re: 130 Cars Crash On A Bridge In Kent, UK by dasphinx1(m): 9:39am On Sep 06, 2013
uj_sizzle: shocked shocked Wow! Shey Magneto dey there ni

This comment tho......LMAO!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Florida Senate Rejects Ban On Assault Rifle, Approve Bill To Arm Teachers(Photos / South Africa's Parliament building Is On Fire (Pictures) / Ghana To Deport Illegal Immigrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.