Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? (659 Views)

Christians, How Often Do You Read The Bible? / Intimate Temptations, Christians How Do You Cope? / Catholic Christians, How Much Do You Know Your Faith?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by plaetton: 1:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
Christians believe that one day, Jesus will come back and announce his return to his faithful followers. With a population of 7 billion people on the Earth, I do not think anyone has given serious thought as to how Jesus would be recognized and identified.
After all, anyone can claim to be Jesus, and indeed many has claimed so in the past.

For example, does the catholic church and the pope, the self-appointed vicar of Jesus, have any pre-arranged protocols to follow when someone, anyone, announces himself as Jesus, considering, especially the fact Jesus that he would come like a thief in the night?

In the much contemplated eventuality of Jesus return, I foresee a lot of problems.

You see, with over 10,000 sects and denominations of the christian faith, we have 10,000 slightly different copies of Jesus. For example, the catholic Jesus is very different from money-doubling Jesus of the pentecostal churches, which itself, is different from the Jehovah's witness Jesus.

Therefore, for example, the catholic Jesus would be bad for the pentecostal churches, and vise versa.
So, a jesus duly recognized by the catholic world might be rejected by the pentecostal world as fake, and same with the Jehovah's witnesses, the Greek orthodox churches, the white garment churches, the mormons, etc.

Does anyone else see this potential quagmire, or am I the only one seeing it well in advance?

So, christians, on a very serious note, how would you recognize and identify your own Jesus when he returns?

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by tobechi20(m): 1:57pm On Sep 05, 2013
He will come like a thief in the night
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by plaetton: 2:01pm On Sep 05, 2013
tobechi20: He will come like a thief in the night

But have many thieves in the world already. So how would he stand out, and what would make you recognize , identify and accept him as the real Maccoy .

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
tobechi20: He will come like a thief in the night

Warn him to stay off my perimeter. I dont give a damn if he is Jesus or God. I will shoot the hell out of that thief or anybody at night.

#sleeping with confidence with my gun

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by dryakson(m): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
Şhebi dey have his posters and pic?..
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by bolaino(m): 5:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
Lol, @plaethon, your threads these days are becoming something else, lol, you're bringing fun back gradually to this section. Keep up the good work man, nice topic.
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by plaetton: 9:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
bolaino: Lol, @plaethon, your threads these days are becoming something else, lol, you're bringing fun back gradually to this section. Keep up the good work man, nice topic.

Thanks
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by plaetton: 9:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
Jesus would have to be everything to everyone, every sect, every denomination, every political and economic ideology, including the bling bling theologists.
That is surely not be possible. Some sects and groups would lose out, and, as we very well know about human, they will cry foul, fraud, imposter, satanic deception, etc.
Depending on their clout, we see a whole new schism and chaos in Christendom.
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by Nobody: 4:30am On Sep 06, 2013
plaetton: Jesus would have to be everything to everyone, every sect, every denomination, every political and economic ideology, including the bling bling theologists.
That is surely not be possible. Some sects and groups would lose out, and, as we very well know about human, they will cry foul, fraud, imposter, satanic deception, etc.
Depending on their clout, we see a whole new schism and chaos in Christendom.

Somehow Jesus will appear in the clouds. And everyone all over the world will see him. From Australia to North America. doesn't matter what timezone you happen to be in at that moment....

If this ain't bullshit, I don't know what is.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by texanomaly(f): 5:19am On Sep 06, 2013
aManFromMars:

Somehow Jesus will appear in the clouds. And everyone all over the world will see him. From Australia to North America. doesn't matter what timezone you happen to be in at that moment....

If this ain't bullshit, I don't know what is.
smile...smh
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by Nobody: 5:33am On Sep 06, 2013
Hallo Tex, what's for the weekend? grin
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by texanomaly(f): 5:37am On Sep 06, 2013
aManFromMars: Hallo Tex, what's for the weekend? grin
Going to football game tomorrow. Then working 12 hour shift the next. How about you?
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 06, 2013
texanomaly:
Going to football game tomorrow. Then working 12 hour shift the next. How about you?
What game?

Not much planned. Just alcohol and music. wink cool

No more derailing. grin
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by texanomaly(f): 5:41am On Sep 06, 2013
aManFromMars:
What game?

Not much planned. Just alcohol and music. wink cool

No more derailing. grin
Then why did you ask me a question? Sorry... Ok no more derailing. cool wink
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by RationalDude(m): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
Jesus is for everybody then. I should probably start developing my own concept of Jesus.
Re: Jesus Is Coming: Christians, How Would You Recognize & Identify Him? by plaetton: 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2013
RationalDude: Jesus is for everybody then. I should probably start developing my own concept of Jesus.

That is an interesting way of looking at it.

(1) (Reply)

A Prayer For Syria? / Pastor Or Magician or Showman? / Help Me Explain This Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.