Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,462 members, 7,830,306 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Which Companies Would Be Best To Do 6-8 Weeks Internship? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Which Companies Would Be Best To Do 6-8 Weeks Internship? (832 Views)

Closed / Who Knows Which Banks Are Best To Work In? / Which Companies Would Be Best To Do 6-8 Weeks Internship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Companies Would Be Best To Do 6-8 Weeks Internship? by kheme(m): 1:22pm On Jun 16, 2008
amongst these, which companies would be best to do 6-8 weeks Internship?

Please tell me the "pros and cons" involved

1. Shell
2. NNPC
3. MTN
4. Globacom
5. Celtel
Re: Which Companies Would Be Best To Do 6-8 Weeks Internship? by Seun(m): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2008
Apply to all of them; you don't know which one will pick you. Also, what course?
Re: Which Companies Would Be Best To Do 6-8 Weeks Internship? by seefar: 9:06pm On Jun 17, 2008
get that job today

http://joblinkage..com/

free.
Re: Which Companies Would Be Best To Do 6-8 Weeks Internship? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 19, 2008
none of the above - unless all you are interested in is being a 'big boy/girl' doing it in a big company

if you truly want to learn, you are better off doing your internship in a small or medium sized company, where extra manpower is required. i did my fist IT in siemens, the second in a mushroom engineering consultancy where i was paid peanuts. but it was my first introductio to electrical engineering design, and three years later, when i took on a job at an engineering design firm, i was alraedy ahead of my colleagues( amazing what u can pick up in 6 weeks) .all you will do in those companies listed is fetch tea, make photocopies, cash cheques, and shake your behind at fellas( if u r a chick grin) . i should know, thats the lot of most of the IT students where i work. of course, you will also get to flash the id card and enjoy the big boy/girl status - but in the long rin, thats nothing.
Re: Which Companies Would Be Best To Do 6-8 Weeks Internship? by kheme(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2008
ok, to be honest, i like the "big boy" idea, okay? if i were going there to really learn stuff, i'm not sure i will get what i want. i'm in computer engineering though. i just want to fulfill the obligation of doing the internship, make a few bucks, and steal some company secrets, lol! grin but among these, which will you choose, if you MUST choose one?? and if not from these, can you suggest any other?

(1) (Reply)

Nbc Pay Package / Workaholism; Does It Really Pay? / Herriot Watt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.