Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,124 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Christianity Paradox - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Paradox (510 Views)

The Religion-freewill Paradox / Mention Few Common Practices Between Islam And Christianity. / Order Out Of Chaos-the Paradox Of The Big Bang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christianity Paradox by engrtee(f): 8:18am On Sep 06, 2013
The word "paradox" is defined as "A seemingly contradictory statement that may nonetheless be true

There is a seeming paradox in living as a Christian. It is both utterly simple and extremely difficult (nay, impossible, but for the grace of God)

»The Christian life is simple in that faith the size of a mustard seed is enough. Yet it is difficult in that any amount of faith is sorely tested in this world.

»It is simple in that faith is a gift freely given through the amazing grace of a Father who loves us endlessly. Yet walking out that faith is difficult in a sin-filled, broken world.

»It is simple in that we do not have to be strong enough ourselves to live as a follower of Christ (in fact, we never will be strong enough on our own). Yet difficult in that we must be willing to lay down our strength and pick up Christ Jesus’.

»Being a Christian is simple in that payment for our sins has already been paid in full and salvation secured. Yet it is terribly difficult to comprehend such a gift from a human standpoint.

Yes, Christianity is insanely simple in its essence. Yet near impossible to accept in our pride. That’s why Jesus talks about the gate to salvation being narrow (Matthew 7:13-14).

Little in God’s economy is how we think it should be. The least become the most. The humble are rewarded. We are strongest when we are at our weakest. Blood cleanses us white as snow. A lowly carpenter is really the King. Death brings life. Grace is given freely to the undeserved
Re: Christianity Paradox by engrtee(f): 8:23am On Sep 06, 2013
I. WE MUST DIE TO LIVE (MT 16:24-26; ROM 6:3-4; GAL 2:20).

II. WE MUST MOURN TO BE HAPPY (MT 5:4).
(James 4:7-9 NKJV) Therefore

submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. {8} Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. {9} Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom.

III. WE MUST SURRENDER TO BE VICTORIOUS (MT 19:16-22; ROM 12:1-2).

IV. WE MUST HATE TO LOVE (1 JN 2:15-17).
(Luke 14:26 NKJV) "If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple.

V. WE MUST BE FOLLOWERS TO BE LEADERS (MT 4:19).
(John 10:27 NKJV) "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
(John 12:26 NKJV) "If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor.
(1 Pet 2:21 NKJV) For to this you were called, because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that you should follow His steps:
(1 Cor 11:1 NKJV) Imitate me, just as I also

VI. WE MUST BECOME POOR TO BECOME RICH (MT 5:3).
(2 Cor 8:9 NKJV) For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.

VII. WE MUST BECOME THE LEAST TO BECOME THE GREATEST (MT 20:25-28).
(Luke 9:48 NKJV) and said to them, "Whoever receives this little child in My name receives Me; and whoever receives Me receives Him who sent Me. For he who is least among you all will be great."

VIII. WE MUST BE SIGHTLESS TO SEE (2 COR 5:7).
(Rom 8:24 NKJV) For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees?

IX. WE MUST WORK TO REST (MT 11:28FF; REV 14:13; EPH 2:10).

X. WE MUST BE HOMELESS TO HAVE A HOME (PHIL 3:20).
(2 Cor 5:1-2 NKJV) For we know that if our earthly house, this tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. {2} For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven
Re: Christianity Paradox by CarCam: 11:34am On Sep 06, 2013
YOU, must die, me, myself and I.

While I thought that I was learning how to live,
I have been learning how to die

(1) (Reply)

U.S. Pastor Supports Jason Collins Decision To Come Out As Gay / End Of The World Prank!(1:41 Brought Tears To My Eyes) / My Reappraisal Of The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.