Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge (836 Views)

Ten Things Nigerians Find Very Funny Or Weird / The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians / Why Do Nigerians Think White People Are Ugly? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by jideflash(m): 10:14am On Sep 06, 2013
Firstly, i want to Thank God for saving my life and the life of the silly man that jumped in my car's front on the ikorodu express-way. i was driving this morning coming from luth going towards ojota, i was a raining morning so i was extra careful on the road, driving slowing with my fog lights on. Then i saw this matured man from a distance waiting to cross the express, as soon as i was about to get close, that was when his brain calculated that it was the perfect time from him to cross without considering my car's distance to him. i had to slammed the brakes so suddenly that it could have be dangerous to my own life too, and to that of other vehicles passing too. due to the rain my car skidded, but i was able to escape not hitting him and hurting myself.

now what annoys me most is that there was a structurally sound pedestrian's bridge just 50metres from where he attempted to cross from. now i have to wonder why do some nigerians like to prove stubborn and barbaric, and end up endangering themselves and others for the sake of been impatience and rushing to their final destination (in this case Heaven or Hell).

i recommend mental evaluation and prosecution to anyone caught cross an expressway close to a pedestrian bridge.

Whats your opinion?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by jideflash(m): 12:31pm On Sep 18, 2013
. undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by PAPAAFRICA: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
Have the roads monitored and give anyone who decides to cross the roads illegally a hefty fine or is that already done?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by MP007(m): 9:00am On Sep 20, 2013
Do you honestly believe that most Nigerian's are normal?
Re: Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by Horus(m): 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jr4OUVAmpxc

Lagos Foot Bridges: Pedestrians Share Experiences

Pedestrians share their experiences, telling reasons they avoid using most of foot bridges in Lagos.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2013
It's dirty

An avenue for hawkers and traders to display thier wares.

A home for beggers.

The worst part for me was when i saw a man with a swollen scrotum (sort of a tumor) begging for alms...the disgusting part is that,it was open for every1 to see'yuck!
That image was on my mind for months that i culdnt even eat meat! angry
Re: Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by druid06(m): 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2013
Joavid: It's dirty

An avenue for hawkers and traders to display thier wares.

A home for beggers.

The worst part for me was when i saw a man with a swollen scrotum (sort of a tumor) begging for alms...the disgusting part is that,it was open for every1 to see'yuck!
That image was on my mind for months that i culdnt even eat meat! angry

For clarity, what 'kind' of meat you couldn't eat.

Is it the beef kind or the kind stucked inbetween a guy's leg? wink wink
Re: Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2013
druid06:

For clarity, what 'kind' of meat you couldn't eat.

Is it the beef kind or the kind stucked inbetween a guy's leg? wink wink

grin lol. actually it is the beef type.
u kow wen u go to the market and u see blood-red-puffy beef...it just brings back that image.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by druid06(m): 6:58pm On Sep 20, 2013
Joavid:
grin lol. actually it is the beef type.
u kow wen u go to the market and u see blood-red-puffy beef...it just brings back that image.

I know, I was just trolling.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Find It So Hard To Use Pedestrian's Bridge by abagoro(m): 7:22pm On Sep 20, 2013
Nigerians don't like walkways as well.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria! A Country Of Ridicule Everywhere? / Homosexuality: A Reality Africa Needs To Face / pls delete

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.