Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,841 members, 7,851,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2592809 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (1042) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by adetoks19(m): 10:47pm On Aug 18, 2015
Ronie24:
thanks for d info. Any idea on d working condition also d payment
Bachel Model College's working condition is terrible. They pay there teachers as high as 24-26k & dey deduct compulsory tax of 2k frm ur salary above. Dere principals are paid btwn 28k-30k den u'l pay back 2k for tax.Same tin happens in all dere branches.Dey recruit every Term & Session
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2015
Some proprietors are not education inclined rather entrepreneurs. The government need to do something about our educational system or else, the future of our children is bleak.

You have left the "field" and possible lost touch about happenings on the "field" even though you now have your own "field". I have never assisted my students when I taught, but it is the norm today. There are schools that make it compulsory and if you do not comply, you make use of the door. Calabar, Benin and Lagos are areas examination malpractice thrives.39 period grin, you forgot to include lesson period.
manie:

That is why the pedigree of your proprietor is important. A proptrietor who is a trained teacher will not do that.

I will rather earn a lower salary and teach about 22 periods rather than teach 39 periods when I know my efficiency will be zero.

I think teachers need to be principled, I never assisted my students during external examination when i was still working.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 18, 2015
adetoks19:

Bachel Model College's working condition is terrible. They pay there teachers as high as 24-26k & dey deduct compulsory tax of 2k frm ur salary above. Dere principals are paid btwn 28k-30k den u'l pay back 2k for tax.Same tin happens in all dere branches.Dey recruit every Term & Session
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
Bholarji18:
This is a very 1daful thread,upload111 pls I'll like 2 join d whatsapp grp.My no:08130271614.tanx

Saw ur mail n also got ur response to my reply.. For all clarity,,, the group isn't helping anyone to get a job. Like most of you are stating in ur mails..I am no enterpreneur ..and besides one of the rules of d group is dat u shud visit d mother-thread here for vacancies..
Even here on d thread ,no one offers a job on a platter of gold. We here can only guide. We can show u d door of opportunity, its left to you to turn d knob n walk in. If your reason for joining the whatsapp group is for someone to land u a job..I tell U ,u would stand a bette chance with dat here on d threadoff. The group is more a social group. U may get offers yes but don't tink its like here on d thread.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 10:58pm On Aug 18, 2015
adetoks19:

funny.......2 k ........
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
upload111:

Saw ur mail n also got ur response to my reply.. For all clarity,,, the group isn't helping anyone to get a job. Like most of you are stating in ur mails..I am no enterpreneur ..and besides one of the rules of d group is dat u shud visit d mother-thread here for vacancies..
Even here on d thread ,no one offers a job on a platter of gold. We here can only guide. We can show u d door of opportunity, its left to you to turn d knob n walk in. If your reason for joining the whatsapp group is for someone to land u a job..I tell U ,u would stand a bette chance with dat here on d threadoff. The group is more a social group. U may get offers yes but don't tink its like here on d thread.
gbam .....
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by upload111: 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2015
artisticallyart:
send pm o!!! GNLD many for NL.

Dem no know!! #smiles# ..they tink there isn't a reason behind asking peeps to send pm.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LucieFavour: 11:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
Hi everyone,I am a French Language Graduate,I need a teaching job in port harcourt and I also do French private lessons...reach me through edchizzy@gmail.com or 08154800912.Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 11:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
LucieFavour:
Hi everyone,I am a French Language Graduate,I need a teaching job in port harcourt and I also do French private lessons...reach me through edchizzy@gmail.com or 08154800912.Thanks
start distributing ur cv ....transfer window closing soon
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nlevel(m): 11:33pm On Aug 18, 2015
manie:

Will you be taking Chemistry, Maths and Physics in SS1, SS2 and SS3?

How many streams of SS1, SS2 and SS3 do they have in the school?
.........................................................................................................................................................................

Chemistry in SS classes is 4 periods per week, Physics is also 4 periods per week, Maths is 5 periods per week.(recommended periods allocation)

If you are taking Maths, Physics and Chemistry in SS 1 to SS3, you will have a total of 39 periods per week. Are you sure you can handle this?

chemistry and maths/physics...meaning i will be teaching chemistry and either maths or physics and not all three subjects.max is two.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
I have been researching on ways to help shy children become less withdrawn and function easier in school. Educators are often faced with a subtle or strong inability of shy children to express their feelings, thoughts, and opinion; which also tends to affect their grades and relationships among other students.
I am especially interested in ways to help them cope well in school as this goes a long way to making the individual a well adjusted person. I found this piece, brilliantly written by Leah Davies that will help many parents and teachers to handle their shy child in more successful ways. Read and use accordingly.

The Shy Child
By Leah Davies, M.Ed.
Shyness is often misunderstood because it is not one emotion, but a mixture of fear, tension, apprehension and/or embarrassment. Shy children seem to lack confidence and are self-conscious especially in new surroundings or when they are the center of attention. Changes in the environment and school pressures are also factors that affect a child's demeanor. Symptoms of shyness may include gaze aversion, a soft tone of voice, and/or hesitant or trembling speech. It is noteworthy that shyness is not necessarily a negative attribute. Many shy children exhibit an ability to please and think for themselves. Being reserved can also be a worthy personality trait. It is when shyness is severe that educators need to be concerned.
Heredity, culture, and environment can each play a role in a child's shyness. If a child's family tends to be aloof and sequestered, there is a likelihood that the child will be somewhat inhibited. In addition, if the adults in a child's life constantly call attention to what others think of the child or allow him or her little autonomy, shyness may result.
The problem with a child being extremely shy is that he or she may be perceived by peers as unfriendly and disinterested. Children may avoid playing with a shy child, thus hampering his or her social development and increasing the chances of a child having low self-esteem. With few friendship or communication skills, shy children may become lonely and depressed, which can interfere with reaching their full potential. Educators can assist children, whose shyness interferes with their social development and learning, by helping them relate comfortably with others. If no assistance is provided, shyness may worsen.
It should be noted that the process of socialization takes time. In order to feel safe, shy children often stand back and watch an activity. They begin the socialization process by observing and listening to the interactions of others. When they feel comfortable they move closer. Later, they may speak to a teacher or peer, and after time begin to relate to other children.
What can educators do to facilitate the development of a shy child's social skills?
1. Create a caring relationship with the child by attempting to understand his or her thoughts, fears and other emotions. Reassure the child that all children feel inhibited at times.
2. Since a shy student may become more self-conscious when confronted with a loud voice, speak softly and clearly. Be prepared to wait patiently for a reply to a question because the child may need time to respond.
3. Be accepting of a shy child's reticence to participate. Allow the child time to adjust to a situation. This will increase his or her sense of security and self-confidence.
4. Refrain from forcing a child to participate in group activities. Instead, provide nonthreatening ways for the child to interact with peers. Sometimes pairing a quiet child with an extroverted child can produce a positive learning experience for both students.
5. Notice and comment on a child's strengths including qualities such as kindness and athletic or academic ability. If you feel the attention will embarrass the child make the compliment in private.
6. Help the child see that everyone makes mistakes and that no one is perfect. Encourage him or her to keep trying by emphasizing that making an effort is what you consider important.
7. If you label a child as "shy," your description may become a permanent characteristic of the child. Instead, say something like, "Everyone is different. Melissa is a thinker. She watches and learns about what's happening before participating."
8. Teach specific social skills through various means including role playing, and/or using dolls or puppets. Have the children practice:
Holding their heads up, smiling and making eye contact when they are speaking. Say, "If you look at me while you are talking, I will be able to hear what you have to say."
Greeting a peer with enthusiasm. For example, have the children say things like, "Hi, my name is Tommy! What's your name?"
Beginning a conversation by saying, "What school did you go to last year?" or "What do you like to play?"
Listening, smiling, and enjoying social interactions. Have them smile and say things such as, "It's fun to play this game with you!"
Making simple conversation about school work, sports, or television shows. Comments the children may make are: "I like reading too." "What sport do you like?" or "What's your favorite TV show?"
Being good listeners and not interrupting.
9. Meet with the parent or guardian. Ask the parent to reinforce the social skills listed above. Encourage the parent to help the child do things for him or herself. Brainstorm ways to increase positive peer interactions for the child so that he or she can become more outgoing and independent. Stress that the parent should not label their child "shy" or call the shyness a "problem." Instead, have the parent call the child a "thinker." Help the parent recognize that every child is different and that it's okay for a child to take time before responding or participating.
If the above measures are unsuccessful and extreme shyness and/or anxiety persist, refer the child for additional professional help.
All these are sure to help you and your child.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
grin, you do not know what's up.
Nlevel:

chemistry and maths/physics...meaning i will be teaching chemistry and either maths or physics and not all three subjects.max is two.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
Ungraduting the Graduates

No matter how Nigerians would prefer to view the pressing economic hardships faced by millions of her citizens, while a few live in lavishness; everyone will get to feel the pulse of the nation's heartbeat if the education sector is not taken by the bull. Whether we choose to arrest the education sector or not, a state of emergency must be declared in the sector for any economic gains to be achieved.

Read this:
Most people strive to get into the numerous colleges and universities in the hopes of obtaining a college degree. They say that the key to a successful career or life, in general, is a quality education. Attaining a higher education is a ticket to a bright future. But are the students prepared for the real world? After graduation, the next step is to look for a job. New graduates are normally eager to put into practice what they have learned in school. However, life outside the walls of a college or university is different. Adapting to a new environment is important. Knowledge, skills and the ability to adapt to a work environment is necessary to survive the real world.
When students enroll themselves in college, they expect to have all the knowledge and skills a higher education can give them. They have a right not only to be educated but also to prepare them to work. It is the duty of the educational institutions to teach and train their students so that they may maximize their potentials fully. Colleges and universities normally focus on the knowledge and skills of students but fail to prepare them to a life after graduation. Recent studies show that they play an integral role in honing students to be globally competitive. Employers recognize the role of colleges and universities in preparing students for the real world. They agree that to succeed in today's global economy and to prepare a student after graduation, colleges and universities must improve on the following: communication skills, critical thinking and analytical reasoning skills, application of knowledge and skills in real-world settings, complex problem solving and analysis, ethical decision making and teamwork, among others. Employers also agree that higher educational institutions should be doing more to provide a learning environment and skills relevant to the workplace.
Times are changing. As people embrace new innovations and technologies, higher educational institutions must also learn how to keep up. The future of not only their students but also of the economy lies on their hands in preparing students for a globally competitive workforce. Colleges and universities need to focus on three areas to prepare their students for the real world.
First, improve classrooms. Classrooms equipped with the latest technology necessary for the students' training will enable the students to acquaint themselves with the same technology they might be using once they begin to work.
Second, teachers and professors must be qualified and proficient in the subjects or skills they are about to teach. A teacher who knows nothing about a subject cannot effectively teach students. They must employ professionals known for their expertise.
Third, curriculum must keep up with the changing times. It has to constantly change depending on what is relevant in the workplace. It must include all the knowledge, skills and training necessary to produce students who are highly competitive and ready to be part of the workforce. It must provide the students an opportunity to experience real-life work settings while being enrolled. Internships can also be included so students have a firsthand experience on how it is to work. Students must also be required to show mastery of the skills they have studied before graduating. It is not enough that they graduate. They must be highly-skilled graduates. Students must be prepared for a life beyond their classrooms. This is possible if higher educational institutions continuously change and upgrade their classrooms, hire professors known for their expertise and a curriculum that adapts to the changing technologies. A nation's future depends on the quality of workers it produces. Workers who are once students well-equipped with knowledge and skills and ready to take on the challenges of the world.

Sourced.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Bholarji18(f): 12:12am On Aug 19, 2015
upload111:

. Pls don't get me wrong,I never said I wanted anybody 2 land me a job.I tot members put vacancies dere 2 help others just like here,I can read messages quickly on whatsapp compared 2 here.U shld av just explained 2 me instead of coming here and making me look like a fool.Sorry 4 bothering u.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Bholarji18(f): 12:22am On Aug 19, 2015
adetoks19:

. U can say dat again! Someone very close 2 me once went dere 4 interview which was successful.They offered her 13k !! Minus d 2k,meaning she will earn 11k monthly.I mean its unbelievable,as big as d skool is?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kennedy67(m): 3:47am On Aug 19, 2015
Cool
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by flourishing(m): 5:04am On Aug 19, 2015
[quote author

Good day Sir,
A friend of mine got a text for a written examination @ PeaceGate College on the 21st of August by 8am.

Do have any knowledge of the college,is it for real or one of those scam interviews.

Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by manie(m): 6:01am On Aug 19, 2015
adetoks19:

With the pay structure the highest tax should not be more than N400, I think the Proprietor is cheating the teachers. Teachers should ask for their monthly tax schedule sent to the tax office, I hope the teachers are not the one paying the Propritor's tax same way some landlords will not pay PHCN and other utility bills but will later pass them on to the tenanats.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 8:00am On Aug 19, 2015
manie:

With the pay structure the highest tax should not be more than N400, I think the Proprietor is cheating the teachers. Teachers should ask for their monthly tax schedule sent to the tax office, I hope the teachers are not the one paying the Propritor's tax same way some landlords will not pay PHCN and other utility bills but will later pass them on to the tenanats.

wait o. are landlords supposed to pay utility bills for their tenants?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 8:18am On Aug 19, 2015
LaurelP:

wait o. are landlords supposed to pay utility bills for their tenants?
no ........but some landlord will share d bills ....without dem paying at alll .........
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
no ........but some landlord will share d bills ....without dem paying at alll .........
Most especially if he stays in the same house with you, it is common with face-me-I-Slap-you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 9:06am On Aug 19, 2015
artisticallyart:
This is a follow up to my post above as regards salaries of teachers in "specific location".

Negotiation is key to getting the needed salary, although preference is given to B.Ed & B.sc edu. gradutes because that is their terrain. More often that not, they are paid the same with other degree holders. A "few"schools pay them a little above other degree holders.

P.S. Schools that are starting CANNOT pay you the needed salary. Some would increase your salary as the number of pupils increases, though there are exceptions especially for schools in highbrow areas and A'level or sixth form schools.

1. Ikorodu-Bayoku, some schools in Surulere 15k-22k(Likewise in Uwelu, Barrack and after the Airforce barracks in Benin, Edo State).
2. Bariga- Somolu & Bajulaye 28-30k depending on your qualifications;
3. Festac, Mile 2 & Apapa- 45-75k depending on your qualifications, PDGE inclusive;
4. Lekki-80k- 160k depending on your experiences, professional certifications and qualifications, Nursery and primary 40-60k(source: luffskidz);
5. Gbagada-60k depending on qualifications, experience; (oluemmakay could be reached for details).
6. Anthony- 70k depending on the school and location experience counts a lot plus professional qualifications;
7. Akute-Ajuwon Axis- 35-45k depending on the location, qualification and experience. Most of them usually have high turnover of teacher.... that leaves much to be desire (visit some post on pages 1-23).
8. Ipaja- 35-50k depending on location, qualification and experience... some are ready to give you accommodation. Based on information gathered on this thread, they would want applicants living in that axis.
9. Ayobo along Redemption camp-18k-28k (Not all schools in that location would pay such salary. Just a handful are willing to provide accommodation).
10. Jabi(Abuja), Maraba, Nyanya 25-45k- it depends on the school & location.
11. Ekiti depending on the school- 20k, some 35-45 depending on qualifications. Accommodation is provided for some schools.
12. Ile-ife- 60-75, depending on school location, British/Nigeria curticulum,qualifications and professional qualifications. Accommodation is given in certain school for experience hire.
13. Kwara-13k schools around Ansaru-deen, tanke, Taiwo, post office 25-30kBut the pay? You may not like it. NCE gets like 15k, B.sc/B.A Ed gets like 25-30. State Govt. pays 35k. If you're cool with it, just package your CV and drop to schools all over.Ilorin is crowded, move to Offa, they need teachers in Offa, Adesoye College is one of them.
14. Zaria- 20k upwards
15. Ondo - depends on the curriculum, if it is A sixth form 80-150 with accommodation provided you have the perquisite qualifications.
16. Ogbomoso- details are still sketchy
17. Ogun- Mowe, Ofada, Lambe, Matugun, Ijoko, Are-po
It depends on the school, curriculum, qualifications and experience 25-40k. Ogun waterside 20k In Abeokuta, there are A-level schools that pay well such as Daywaterman e.t.c other Nigeria curriculum schools to the best of my knowledge 60k.
18. Onitsha- 12-20k depending on school, qualifications ( from Information gathered, irrespective of qualifications in some quarters, they cannot pay above 40k).
19. Bayelsa- We await Makazona for more details.
20. Porthacourt- information from reliable source gathered from their thread and Morrygreat corroborating the said information. 25-30k. They also have the A-level schools that pay as high as 70k.

Caleb schools- 70-100k
Redeemers schools -90-150k
Chrisland- 80-120k
British international- 150k
Turkish international- 145k
American international 200k
Pampers- 95k

I also sympathise with school owners because they spend a lot, the reason they set up the business is to provide services at acceptable profit and reduce cost to the bearest minimum.

WARNING: The above should not be relied upon totally. You can either bargain below or above the stated figures above. I STRONGLY advice you do your findings so as to ascertain what is obtainable in the location above.

Please update the above to assist those that would like to move in this "transfer season".
Thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Immortalz(m): 10:42am On Aug 19, 2015
For those seeking information about peacegate science academy agoro, ijoko ota, ogun state. The school is real and they are in 'serious' need of teachers fron various fields due to exit of some teaching and non teaching staffs..myself inclusive.
The school is good to be candid...salary scale #30k upward depending on ur negotiating prowess
Interview is on two levels written and oral. The written is of two parts (obj and essay). The obj parts consists of five current affairs questions while the essay part is writing of a comprehensive lesson note. For the obj u myt av questions like
*full meaning of unesco
*current minister of education
*headquarters of au... (cnt remb the remaining two, the questions myt av changed as well bt frm my findings they've repeated that same questions since their inception which is abt three years)
After the written exam, if u pass, ull be contacted via txt or mail to come for the oral interview where u will face the chairman, the vp( chairman's daughter) and the principal (whom i see as vp's errand boy) hope u understand.
During the oral interview, several questns ll be asked majorly abt u, where uve taught previously, why u left, wot u cn bring into their school, etc. Thereafter ull discuss ur salary and other packages.
Generally, it's a nice place to be BUT in terms of management, i give them 15‰, its jst too poor. They clamour for different advice and new initiative bt its a one man business u knw. The students are awesome...and most importantly, the salary is always regular.
This is my first post on this thread and i hope its worth it. The funny thing is i got the info abt this same school lst december frm this same thread.

7 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 19, 2015
Immortalz:
For those seeking information about peacegate science academy agoro, ijoko ota, ogun state. The school is real and they are in 'serious' need of teachers fron various fields due to exit of some teaching and non teaching staffs..myself inclusive.
The school is good to be candid...salary scale #30k upward depending on ur negotiating prowess
Interview is on two levels written and oral. The written is of two parts (obj and essay). The obj parts consists of five current affairs questions while the essay part is writing of a comprehensive lesson note. For the obj u myt av questions like
*full meaning of unesco
*current minister of education
*headquarters of au... (cnt remb the remaining two, the questions myt av changed as well bt frm my findings they've repeated that same questions since their inception which is abt three years)
After the written exam, if u pass, ull be contacted via txt or mail to come for the oral interview where u will face the chairman, the vp( chairman's daughter) and the principal (whom i see as vp's errand boy) hope u understand.
During the oral interview, several questns ll be asked majorly abt u, where uve taught previously, why u left, wot u cn bring into their school, etc. Thereafter ull discuss ur salary and other packages.
Generally, it's a nice place to be BUT in terms of management, i give them 15‰, its jst too poor. They clamour for different advice and new initiative bt its a one man business u knw. The students are awesome...and most importantly, the salary is always regular.
This is my first post on this thread and i hope its worth it. The funny thing is i got the info abt this same school lst december frm this same thread.
1. Are you still in the school?
2. What is the highest pay?
3. Is there room for PP?
4. How many periods minimum and Maximum?
Thank you for the feedback, you have helped a lot of peeps to make informed decision.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by utchvikky(f): 10:50am On Aug 19, 2015
Hello,please who knows about the working condition @Pacific schools in Egbeda.pls its urgent.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by simple2004(m): 10:58am On Aug 19, 2015
on teachers complaining: everybody should understand that teaching in most private school is a means to getting some better things later in life. a lecturer of mine once told me he has taught in a private school before he became a lecturer in a federal univ. i was at a workshop at abeokuta yesterday organised by nerdc for private schools in ohun state, durin the interactive session a guy said he cannot give his best because he is not well paid. he was so bitter, i even thoug ht he would mention the name of the school.
please anybody that is not happy about his work should just quit instead of being unha ppy continually. opportunity will always come and if you are toxic you may miss the opportunity. never allow your condition or situation to determine your happiness. sadness can lead to ailment. we will all make it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by simple2004(m): 11:01am On Aug 19, 2015
on teachers complaining: everybody should understand that teaching in most private school is a means to getting some better things later in life. a lecturer of mine once told me he has taught in a private school before he became a lecturer in a federal univ. i was at a workshop at abeokuta yesterday organised by nerdc for private schools in ogun state, during the interactive, session a guy said he cannot give his best because he is not well paid. he was so bitter, i even thoug ht he would mention the name of the school.
please anybody that is not happy about his work should just quit instead of being unhappy continually. opportunity will always come and if you are toxic you may miss the opportunity. never allow your condition or situation to determine your happiness. sadness can lead to ailment. we will all make it

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by kendraloops(f): 11:40am On Aug 19, 2015
I went for an interview at St. George academy nur and pry school, oda road, Akure. It comprised a written interview and an oral one. At the end, I was asked how much I'll be willing to collect, I asked for 25k based on the fact that its a new school starting up September but I was offered 10k!! This is a place I'll be paying 300 to n fro daily as transport fare o which makes 6k/month. So, that's cancelled.

I want to apply to secondary schools but I haven't taught secondary pupils before. Any suggestions? How to cope with micro teaching and all?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:54am On Aug 19, 2015
A fledging school with good growth potentials is offering a position of a school administrator.
Qualification: NCE Minimum.
Salary: Attractive.
Accommodation also available.
Interested persons should mention the monicker(celibate and drop you phone contacts) or send a p.m celibate.

Thank you.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:59am On Aug 19, 2015
Teaching assistants support children with
their learning activities in the classroom. They work closely with teachers to make sure students enjoy learning in a safe and caring setting.
You'll also need good literacy and numeracy skills, as well as creative ideas for activities.
To do this job, you will usually need some experience of working with children. You may be able to start as a trainee.

Work activities
As a teaching assistant you would support teachers and help students with their educational and social development, both in and out of the classroom. Your exact job will depend on the school and the age of the
students

Your job may include:
•Helping students who need extra support to complete tasks
•Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
•Helping with outings and sports events
taking part in training carrying out administrative tasks.
•You would also support children with particular needs, working with them individually or in small groups.
•you're likely to concentrate on
working with individuals and small groups and, depending on the subject, you may assist with practicals.
•Helping to plan lessons and prepare teaching materials, acting as a specialist assistant for particular subjects.
•You would also assess, record and report on the progress of children you work with.

Income
Salaries for full-time teaching assistants range
from 40,000-50,000naira monthly

Qualifications.
HND/B.sc in any relevant field of study

Skills, interests and qualities
As a teaching assistant you will need:
•Experience of working with students
the ability to build good relationships with students, teachers and parent.
•Flexibility and creativity
•The ability to work as part of a team
good reading, writing and numeracy skills
patience and a sense of humour
• IT skills is an added advantage

Applicant should submit his/her CV to Grace international college email address:
Hr.graceinternational@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Immortalz(m): 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2015
artisticallyart:

1. Are you still in the school?
2. What is the highest pay?
3. Is there room for PP?
4. How many periods minimum and Maximum?
Thank you for the feedback, you have helped a lot of peeps to make informed decision.

*No, i left arnd april
*Not sure tho, but i think its smthing around #65k
*PP? need clarifications
*If they are able to get all teachers on ground without anyone standing in for smone else, max period 3 in a day and min of 1 per day which is rare except on fridays. please be aware that they don't run the conventional periods as most schools. A period there is 1hr 20mins (which is a double period in sm oda schools)

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by TRADELYN: 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2015
We are searching for serious writers to join our team for Academic Research Project works in various fields (Business, Law, Science, etc).

Only those who are very competent should apply as we do not have time to train you. If interested, simply email excerpts of your past works to "tradelyn@gmail.com."

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (1042) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.