Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,569 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (317) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2570652 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 9:51am On Aug 23, 2015
Bome01:
I just want to give a tip to anybody going to schools to submit their CVs. Don't jst submit ur CV alone, submit together with an application letter and credentials most especially your cert. I submitted just my cv at some schools in warri and also submitted cv with my cert and application letter. Well guess what? I've gotten calls for interview at 3 schools already but I haven't gotten any call from schools I dropped just my cv only. It's no guarantee but, it goes a long way in helping you get an interview.
Being proactive is another way of getting a job.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 9:52am On Aug 23, 2015
GoldenDr:
English teachers are Still needed, interesteD applicants should possess OND, N.C.E, HND or B.Edu. Please contact 08023742241 ASAP. Applicants should reside around ipaja, ikola, command or abesan eState in Lagos. Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 9:52am On Aug 23, 2015
grin
GoldenDr:
Monday, 23th August, 2015 will be the count down to the end of the "transfer window" in Teachers Premier League (TPL). However, there are chances it could be extended.
In other news,
Welcome to the TPL talk show:
* Luffizkids has joined Lekki fc but is not eligible to play in the UEFA champions league.
* Xtfield, has finally signed a top striker for an undisclosed fee and has hopes about the future of TPL
* Mrolai is yet to disclose the club he signed for.
* Funminicrown is sure of leaving his current club.
* Club managers are on the outlook for value, quality and purpose driven teachers.
@peybutton, as regards the get-together, when you get your phone back, let meet at the baby-thread.
Good afternoon.

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 9:53am On Aug 23, 2015
hermosa:
hi. any positions for someone with a degree in Chinese language (2:1) wink smiley undecided?
Are you serious or joking?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 9:53am On Aug 23, 2015
Nlevel:

What is their range of pay please.I have written their test in their office and i am waiting to be called for an offer.
89k-135k.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 9:58am On Aug 23, 2015
pateffy:
Good afternoon evryone am a silent follower of this thread and it has motivated me a lot didn't do anything under education but have a keen passion for teaching with no experience after serving I sent cv to schools and ws invited for an interview unfortunately it's all ds schools dat use Cambridge and British curriculum so no Nigerian curriculum so to speak Cs ws tinkn of teaching government or civic education @ d end of d day d woman gave me an opportunity to do micro teaching started very well but when the question time started I wasn't calm I was scared and so it was as if I didn't do very well. I just need more motivation and tips on how to perform better Thank you
Read givemejoy's account, Artisticallyarts, Captaindo's, Chrisdenis01's, GoldenDr's account.
Confidence is key to landing any job. Next time, be bold even if you are saying rubbish, maintain eye contact, walk round the class and if the teachers are the ones that act as students ensure you call them to order if they are not concentrating.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 9:59am On Aug 23, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin ;DD keep pushing do not be discouraged.
MrOlai:

I actually started my professional football career with Chelsea where I spent 4 seasons with coach Jose Mourinho. I left Chelsea when I had issues with Mourinho's Assistant in person of Andre Villa Boas. I left Chelsea for Paris Saint German and I spent one season after emerging the highest goal scorer for the season. Ibrahimovic was the second highest goal scorer in that season.

I left PSG for Manchester United. I played with the likes of Pele, Mitchell Platini, Segun Odegbami, Alex Ferguson and Sai Buhari at the Old Trafford. We won many cups like Community Shield, Champions League, FA cup, Carling cup, etc

I signed for Real Madrid last season with a transfer fee of £180million. I've been pairing the attack with Christiano Ronaldo, Bale and Karim Benzema. It's been a wonderful experience playing for Madrid... grin grin grin
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:04am On Aug 23, 2015
This is a follow up to my post above as regards salaries of teachers in "specific location".

Negotiation is key to getting the needed salary, although preference is given to B.Ed & B.sc edu. gradutes because that is their terrain. More often that not, they are paid the same with other degree holders. A "few"schools pay them a little above other degree holders.

P.S. Schools that are starting CANNOT pay you the needed salary. Some would increase your salary as the number of pupils increases, though there are exceptions especially for schools in highbrow areas and A'level or sixth form schools.

1. Ikorodu-Bayoku, Idiroko, Ajegunle, Igbogbo e.tc, some schools in Surulere 15k-22k (Likewise in Uwelu, Barrack and after the Airforce barracks in Benin, Edo State).
2. Bariga- Somolu & Bajulaye 28-30k depending on your qualifications;
3. Festac, Mile 2 & Apapa- 45-75k depending on your qualifications, PDGE inclusive;
4. Lekki-80k- 160k depending on your experiences, professional certifications and qualifications, Nursery and primary 40-60k(source: luffskidz);
5. Gbagada-60k depending on qualifications, experience; (oluemmakay could be reached for details).
6. Anthony- 70k depending on the school and location experience counts a lot plus professional qualifications;
7. Akute-Ajuwon Axis- 35-45k depending on the location, qualification and experience. Most of them usually have high turnover of teacher.... that leaves much to be desire (visit some post on pages 1-23).
8. Ipaja- 35-50k depending on location, qualification and experience... some are ready to give you accommodation. Based on information gathered on this thread, they would want applicants living in that axis.
9. Ayobo along Redemption camp-18k-28k (Not all schools in that location would pay such salary. Just a handful are willing to provide accommodation).
10. Jabi(Abuja), Maraba, Nyanya 25-45k- it depends on the school & location.
11. Ekiti depending on the school- 20k, some 35-45 depending on qualifications. Accommodation is provided for some schools.
12. Ile-ife- 60-75, depending on school location, British/Nigeria curticulum,qualifications and professional qualifications. Accommodation is given in certain school for experience hire.
13. Kwara-13k schools around Ansaru-deen, tanke, Taiwo, post office 25-30k
14. Zaria- 20k upwards
15. Ondo - depends on the curriculum, if it is A sixth form 80-150 with accommodation provided you have the perquisite qualifications.
16. Ogbomoso- details are still sketchy
17. Ogun- Mowe, Ofada, Lambe, Matugun, Ijoko, Are-po
It depends on the school, curriculum, qualifications and experience. In Abeokuta, there are A-level schools that pay well such as Daywaterman e.t.c other Nigeria curriculum schools to the best of my knowledge 60k.
18. Onitsha- 12-20k depending on school, qualifications ( from Information gathered, irrespective of qualifications in some quarters, they cannot pay above 40k).
19. Bayelsa- In Bayelsa, Belary Schools, Ayakpo Schools, Faith Comprehensive Sec. school (FACISS), Winners Academy(Not owned by Winners church o), Bieodomo Schools, Divine Comprehensive, New Total Child Academy and Benny Schools are the "Big ones" (though some other schools are springing up and giving the aforementioned schools a good run for their resources). so
Belary = 30,000 entry level may rise to 40 0r 45 but not above 45 plus Accomodation for few staff.
Ayakpo = same as Belary but with little/no accomodation.
FACISS = 30000 Entry level but can pay up to 60000
Winners = Negotiable entry but more rules as it regards dress style.
Bieodomo Schools = 35000 (but no holidays even in August else be ready to lose the month's salary)
Divine Comprehensive = 30,000 and may hit 60,000 depending on your impact.
New Total Child Academy = same as Divine Comprehensive
Benny Schools = Negotiable entry salary but not below 25000.

With this, you should be guided on what smaller schools pay.
the Minimum here in Bayelsa is 5000 (for WAEC holders teaching in private primary schools)

Feel free to ask questions or add if you are also in Bayelsa.Source: Makozona

20. Porthacourt- information from reliable source gathered from their thread and Morrygreat corroborating the said information. 25-30k. They also have the A-level schools that pay as high as 70k.

21. Ejigbo- 35-50k, power of negotiation is important and experience.

Caleb schools- 70-100k
Redeemers schools -90-150k
Chrisland- 80-120k
British international- 150k
Turkish international- 145k
American international 200k
Pampers- 95k

I also sympathise with school owners because they spend a lot, the reason they set up the business is to provide services at acceptable profit and reduce cost to the bearest minimum.

WARNING: The above should not be relied upon totally. You can either bargain below or above the stated figures above. I STRONGLY advice you do your findings so as to ascertain what is obtainable in the location above.

Please update the above to assist those that would like to move in this "transfer season".
Thanks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2015
Fweshyboi, check the post above.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 10:38am On Aug 23, 2015
Vacancies exist in a reputable international school located in Isolo Lagos

1. Principal with 5yrs experience with IGSCE qualification.

2. Physics/Maths teacher for high school with IGSCE qualification and exp.

3. Geography teacher

4.Physical and Health education

6.Government and Civic Education

7.Social studies

8. Curriculum developer for Primary School

9.Christian Religious Studies

10.Yoruba

kindly apply within 2 weeks of advert.
send your detailed CV to yvluvu@gmail.com and copy philglad2k@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 11:05am On Aug 23, 2015
afynwa:
How much can they pay? pls.........

Ojo Alaba Sabo Ajangbadi, can pay 20k-25k. It also depends on the school. Schools like Meritha, Mother love should be able to pay 30k.

But most schools pay as low as 15k - 18k.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by rezzy: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2015
MacJC:

A "whole" 30k? Rezzy!!! Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh! Ojo Alaba don suffer 4 ur hand o! Lolz

My first teaching job after graduation in 2011, was at a school in Ilufe-Alaba. I was paid 13k.

A friend of mine is still there, her salary is still 20k. She started in early 2010.

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:24am On Aug 23, 2015
rezzy:

My first teaching job after graduation in 2011, was at a school in Ilufe-Alaba. I was paid 13k.

A friend of mine is still there, her salary is still 20k. She started in early 2010.
My gosh!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 11:25am On Aug 23, 2015
Bekwarra:

Now in the realm of home tutorials sire.
Just landed it about 3 weeks ago. An IGSCE student and a primary 3 kid. I spend 3hrs with them thrice a week and collect 3k per visit.

Hmmmm, Bekwara, ur head dey there!
**fetches calculator**
3 'visits' @3k per visit ===> 9k per wk
4 wks @ 9k/wk =========36k/mnt PER LOCATION o!
My personal person, tnx 4 "lending urself brain".
What u need 2 do now is MULTIPLY ur locations.
If u can have 5 of such locations, that fetches u 180k/month as an "ordinary" private tutor o!
End of story.
#lobatan

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2015
TOnnie2014, storitela and Lacum
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 23, 2015
Shy baby..............
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2015
Larry37:
A reputable school located in Lagos State, invites applications from experienced and suitably qualified candidates to fill the following positions below:
1.) Nursery School Teacher
Requirement
GD II/NCE + 2 years experience
2.) Primary School Teacher
Requirement
NCE/B.Ed +2 years experience
3.) Igbo Subject Teacher
Requirement
NCE/B.Ed + 1 Years Experience
4.) Supervisor (Nursery)
Requirement
Bachelor/Master in Education with a minimum of 2 years experience
5.) Fine Art Teacher
Requirement
NCE/B.Ed + 2 Years Experience
6.) Accounts Clerk
Requirement
OND in Account or HND in Accounts or ATS
7.) Caterer
Requirement
An experienced and qualified caterer to run the School’s Tuck Shop
8.) Motor Driver
Requirement
Must reside within Mile 2/Amuwo/Festac/Agboju/Satellite Town/Ijegun/ Barracks/ Volks.
Remuneration
Possession of Montessori Teaching knowledge will be an added advantage for positions (1) to (3 above). Total take home package is quite competitive and above industry average.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2015
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their handwritten applications containing CV's and including current contact telephone numbers addressed to "The Management" could be sent by post to:
P.O. Box 464,
Festac Town Office,
Festac Town.
Or
In the alternative hand delivered at:
23, New Road,
Off Community Road,
Satellite Town,
Off Badagry Expressway,
Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2015
rezzy:

Rezzy, I feel u!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2015
Larry37:
A top primary/junior School in Abuja, Invites applications from suitable qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
Job Description
Candidates are required for the following positions below:
Mathematics Teacher
English Teacher
Sciences Teacher
Social Studies Teacher
Civic Teacher
Fine Arts Teacher
Music Teacher
Sports Teacher
IRK Teacher
CRK Teacher
Secretary/Computer
Female Nurse knowledgeable in pediatrics
Nursery Teachers
Requirements
Candidates must be University Graduates with first Degree preferably a B.Sc or its equivalent in Education, from a reputable tertiary institution.
Postgraduate/Professional qualification in education or any other related field will be an advantage
A minimum of 2 years' experience.
New graduates interested in teaching must have a minimum of 2:2 without previous teaching experience can also apply
All Teaching and non-Teaching candidates must have original NYSC discharge Certificate
Must be IT Competent, be able to use Microsoft Power Point, Word, Excel
Must have Excellent Communication skills
Application Closing Date
25th August, 2015.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed resumes with passport photographs to: hbada@birc-ltd.com or info@birc-ltd.com

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 23, 2015
A Nursery and Pry school around Agbado/Alagbado/Alakuko/Kollington requires the services of teachers.If interested forward your cv to meygan2005@yahoo.com

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2015
We cannot become what we need to be by remaining what we are and where we are- Anonymous.

4 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 11:44am On Aug 23, 2015
pweetyoge are you in Lagos

nitane25 what is your location

MyFlair have you been teaching

Sowl have you seen the information you require

dejai99, what have you finally decided?

Am doing a head hunt......

Titay..... good morning....don't just view contribute

neyosea25...... howdy?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by nitane25(f): 11:46am On Aug 23, 2015
GoldenDr:

Governing body grin.... She deactivated. Let me add more corkqueen, Pastordoalone, Pastoraji, Ninilowo, Choimistress, Dovequeen, Evathyst to mention a few.
I miss Ninilowo, dt man ws vry helpful

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sowl(m): 11:50am On Aug 23, 2015
artisticallyart:
pweetyoge are you in Lagos

neyosea25...... howdy?
Haven't gotten any boss... Guess I would do my best and live the rest to GOD... Thanks all the same for checking up on a brother. smiley
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 11:52am On Aug 23, 2015
what information do you want?
Sowl:

Haven't gotten any boss... Guess I would do my best and live the rest to GOD... Thanks all the same for checking up on a brother. smiley
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by pweetyoge(f): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2015
Good morning artisticallyart,I must say u are doing a good job here,yes I am in lagos,just finished service and looking for something to keep me going...sorry for bin a silent reader...quietly following
[quote author=artisticallyart post=37246938]pweetyoge are you in Lagos

neyosea25...... howdy?[/q
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by fweshyboi(m): 11:55am On Aug 23, 2015
Sunnypar:
Fweshyboi, check the post above.
Hope this transfer window would be favourable to us all by his grace
Heading to ibadan for trial with oasis

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sowl(m): 11:56am On Aug 23, 2015
fweshyboi:
Hello house
Have been A follower of this group for some time now but i don't comment just came here to read through in order for me to gain more knowledge
Thanks to you guys have learnt a lot from this forum

Please i need your help with A school in Ibadan oasis international school
Am scheduled for an interview there on Monday as a technical Drawing teacher
Please someone should help me with info about this school and what to expect from the Interview and there payment
range

Thanks all
I also have a scheduled interview in the same school on Monday... Here is my number call or add me up on whatsapp:08085994525

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sowl(m): 11:59am On Aug 23, 2015
Sunnypar:
what information do you want?
fweshyboi:
Hello house
Have been A follower of this group for some time now but i don't comment just came here to read through in order for me to gain more knowledge
Thanks to you guys have learnt a lot from this forum

Please i need your help with A school in Ibadan oasis international school
Am scheduled for an interview there on Monday as a technical Drawing teacher
Please someone should help me with info about this school and what to expect from the Interview and there payment
range

Thanks all
Same info with fweshboi boss.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 12:00pm On Aug 23, 2015
Sowl....don't go below 40k. Do the maths (transportation, feeding and housing).
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2015
it's wande2015, give us feedback now
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sowl(m): 12:04pm On Aug 23, 2015
Sunnypar:
Sowl....don't go below 40k. Do the maths (transportation, feeding and housing).
Thanks boss for the info... I think this would help in a very good way in terms of getting a very favourable bargain.

(1) (2) (3) ... (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) (320) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.