Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,951 members, 7,810,634 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren (3000 Views)

Mario Balotelli Faces FA Investigation Over 'Racist' Instagram Post / Police Drop Investigation Into Alleged Racist Comments Made By Mark Clattenburg / Manchester United Referee Ask To Step Down As Investigation Begins:report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by sirwebs(m): 11:54pm On Jun 01, 2006
Just heard this evening that our beloved Arsenal Fc is under investigation of its relations with Beveren. Basically they have been accused of paying some money to the Belgium side and something about wanting to own the club too. Sepp Blatter has been huffing and puffing.

Penalty if proved of wrongdoing: Suspension from UEFA champions league among others

I hear some Spurs fans screaming deliriously.
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by Badman888(m): 12:24am On Jun 02, 2006
thats not sad news to me, more like Good news take them down to coca cola league and no champions league cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=369896&cc=5901
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by bagoma(f): 3:16am On Jun 02, 2006
this is definetely scary news to me.
out of the champions league? God forbid!
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by spikelord(m): 7:53am On Jun 02, 2006
No Long thing! We are coming out of that without any stain!
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by Seun(m): 8:07am On Jun 02, 2006
Fifa has launched a probe into whether Arsenal have broken regulations which may leave the club exposed to possible expulsion from the Champions League. BBC Newsnight has learnt that a police probe in Belgium has concluded Arsenal made secret payments of £1m to Beveren. Arsenal have admitted providing a loan to Beveren, but say they have never had a controlling influence over the club. Fifa are investigating whether Arsenal have breached rules governing fair play and conflict of interest.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/5036342.stm

Statement From Arsenal FC
Arsenal Football Club is aware that BBC Newsnight is carrying a story this evening purporting to describe Arsenal's relationship with Belgian football club, Beveren.

Arsenal does not normally make public its agreements with third parties. However, Arsenal can confirm that it has had a technical relationship with Beveren since 2001. This relationship has a number of benefits to both clubs such as providing a platform to share coaching methods and techniques as well as facilitating the option of players being loaned between the clubs. For example, during the course of the relationship, Arsenal players David Grondin, Liam Chilvers, John Halls and Graham Stack all spent successful loan periods at Beveren as did Emmanuel Eboue, who played in a number of trial matches with Arsenal whilst contracted to Beveren. Such was the latter player's success, Arsenal subsequently signed Eboue on a permanent basis.

In addition, Arsenal confirms that it has never owned, directly or indirectly, any shares in Beveren or had any power whatsoever to influence its management or administration. It did in 2001 provide funds of 1,570,703 Euros by way of loan to a member of the consortium to assist in stabilising the finances of Beveren.

At no time has anyone at Arsenal been contacted by any regulatory or investigatory body with respect to its relationship with Beveren. Arsenal and all its staff have acted properly throughout, in accordance with all applicable rules and regulations, and in the best interests of Beveren, Arsenal and the broader footballing community.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/5039016.stm

I'm sure they'll wiggle out of this. I don't see what's wrong with what they've done. Or do you?
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by spikelord(m): 8:41am On Jun 02, 2006
I am beginning to think of something!
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by twinstaiye(m): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2006
Those Spurs! I guess it has to be, the news is too coincidence, how come when the noise over Spurs not qualifying for champions league at the expense of Arsenal has not died down, the food poisoning on the other hand, and now this again. So should Arsenal found guilty (God Forbids) and was disqualified from playing champions league, who is taking their place - Well you know the rest. Some unseen forces just dont want us to play in the lucrative league next year.
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by spikelord(m): 8:52am On Jun 02, 2006
We shall see to that! I don't know why people won't get used to the fact that they are loosers.
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by trumic(m): 9:13am On Jun 02, 2006
thats goood news to me ohhhhh

~~~manutd till i die~~~
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by otolorin(m): 9:41am On Jun 02, 2006
tru_mic:

thats goood news to me ohhhhh

~~~manutd till i die~~~
most obviously an enemy of progress!

this is not ordinary, thats my perception!
this is anyways, no much trouble cos my dear club, according to the statement to bbc, has only established a strictly formal n business oriented relationship with the belgium side!

GUNNER 4 LIFE
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by Akolawole(m): 9:57am On Jun 02, 2006
Arsenal will get out of it.

Whether guilty or not.

G14 member: no way!
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by spikelord(m): 10:34am On Jun 02, 2006
aamen , we'll get out of it!
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by spikelord(m): 10:36am On Jun 02, 2006
aamen , we'll get out of it!
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by spikelord(m): 10:45am On Jun 02, 2006
The Gunners won't go down I swear!
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by Shinor(m): 11:09am On Jun 02, 2006
Fellow Gunners
At a time like this, we must remain steadfast and prayerful as our enemies continue to roar like lions seeking whom they may devour.
On this occasion, they have failed. If they try anything else, they will fail. Infact they are failures.They can only fail.
By now you will think spurs would be used to playing second fiddle -just like Atiku. But for where? They still try to engage us the incumbent in mind games.
HOLD IT FOLKS i just contacted my gazing ball AND I SEE SPURS PLAYING IN THE GLOBACOM PREMIER LEAGUE IN THE YEAR 20,
Did i hear an Amen from the faithfull?,

Nothing Else but a GUNNER!
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by twinstaiye(m): 11:48am On Jun 02, 2006
Akolawole:

Arsenal will get out of it.

Whether guilty or not.

G14 member: no way!
Thanks Akolawole, you are a good friend of Arsenal, we wont be guilty though. By the way, what is the G:14 members angle to the story?
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by LoverBwoy(m): 6:22pm On Jun 02, 2006
Being a member of G14 is not the reason Arsenal will get out of this  tongue >> jealousy jealousy na him dey worry dem -shina peters cool

arsenal will get out of this because they have not breached any rules  grin

its clearly stated in they have a technical agreement plus most clubs have agreements with clubs in Eruope

Man utd have an agreement with Lyn Oslo

enemies of progress  grin dig deeper  cheesy
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by Akolawole(m): 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2006
LoverBwoy:

Being a member of G14 is not the reason Arsenal will get out of this tongue >> jealousy jealousy na him dey worry them -shina peters cool

Jealous of who?

I hope you dont mean Arsenal.

G14 is like a cult group.

They can influence things.
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by LoverBwoy(m): 7:46pm On Jun 02, 2006
G14 is like a cult group.

They can influence things.

that's why Chelsea wants to join  grin they've been snubbed -again
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by bagoma(f): 8:54pm On Jun 02, 2006
hey loverbwoy, stop hating on chelsea, mikel will be playing there soon!
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by LoverBwoy(m): 9:01pm On Jun 02, 2006
im not hating just point out some facts grin

Mikel will be loaned to reading/brentford according to a source who pleaded annoynimty like da nigerian press will say

I cant wait to see him playing against Cesc, Rooney,Ronaldo, and Gawking at Henry grin
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by bagoma(f): 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2006
gawking at henry when he's supposed to play? now thats funny cheesy cheesy cheesy

henry isnt so special to me anymore, not after he lost the CL trophy for us angry
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by LoverBwoy(m): 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2006
Bagoma Bagoma Bagoma!!!

didnt u hear obasanjo when he talked about 100% loyalty  angry now go get the polish n polish that "gun" ready for another thrilling adventure next season  cheesy

football is a team game -11 platers!! henry is a winger-striker, he was playing midfield,defence n striker! when he works for the bal in midfield who does he pass to erm no one- thats enough to make him tired, henry to me actually enjoy making others (team-mates) the hero, goal scorer , the main man!

i didnt see people crucifying shev, Rrrrrruuudebwoy Van N for not reaching the finals  wink
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by spikelord(m): 12:44am On Jun 03, 2006
Why?
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by under18(f): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2006
Arsenal not die ooo
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by Akolawole(m): 1:37pm On Jun 03, 2006
@LoverB

I am not an Arsenal supporter.

What Henry 's misses on that day relegate his greatness in my mind.
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by Akolawole(m): 1:43pm On Jun 03, 2006
LoverBwoy:

Mikel will be loaned to reading/brentford according to a source who pleaded annoynimty like da nigerian press will say

Well, if thats your prayer for the boy, its not going to be answered.

I want Nigerians and indeed Afrivan players to be playing for big league whether they merit it or not.

C'mmon guys, support your own.

Somebody was bought by United for £30m. A player that cannot even play half of the football Uche okechukwu plays.

Yet his people call him best defender in the world.
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by bagoma(f): 5:30pm On Jun 03, 2006
@ loverbwoy, lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
if there is 1000% loyalty to arsenal then thats ME!
will support arsenal even in heaven cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
but i wont fail to point out the truth when i see one. however its all in the past now, nothing can be done to change the story of that night. angry
still love henry though. wink

back to the topic, whats the latest on this issue?
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by gr8t(m): 8:47pm On Jun 03, 2006
Relax! Arsenal is surely more organised and mature than that. Watch where this is going to end up.
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by twinstaiye(m): 9:36pm On Jun 03, 2006
The investigation had been dropped. It is only fifa that is left 2 find out whether they breach any of its rules
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by 4Play(m): 4:46pm On Jun 04, 2006
This all goes to show that Arsenal is a corrupt club full of crooks who have no biz playing in the Premiership.Even their players behave like crooks
Re: Arsenal Under Investigation Over Secret Payments To Beveren by Akolawole(m): 11:07pm On Jun 04, 2006
4 Play:

This all goes to show that Arsenal is a corrupt club full of crooks who have no biz playing in the Premiership.Even their players behave like crooks

Haba, this is unfair comment.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Utd: Eat Ur Heart Out! / Breaking News! Wayne Rooney Set To Leave Man United / My Fear For Arsenal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.