Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

The House That God Built - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The House That God Built (759 Views)

How True Is Christians Claim That God Speaks To Them? / The Church Being Built By Governor Dickson In Bayelsa - Photos / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The House That God Built by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
The Christian Church today is drowning in a flood of human ideas and programs to bring "God's dreams" to pass. Impatient to impress, we preach on television each week, and our radio programs air three times a day. We knock on every door in town, run full-page advertisements in the newspaper, and our full-color billboards blanket every major highway.

An endless parade of guest preachers and singers compete for our pulpits and the chance to entertain bloated, infantile believers with an acquired taste for shallow, uncommitted Christianity. Meanwhile, millions are dying of spiritual hunger and thirst outside our bannered walls.We promote popular spirituality and synthetic sincerity to the point where our members dance gaily from one congregation to the next, nibbling daintily at the latest religious smorgasbord of unanointed presentations and powerless pageantry...The apostle Paul was deeply concerned that the Corinthian church would be "corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ" (2 Cor. 11:3).

Have we become so busy with our "houses" that we've lost our focus and singleness of heart? What if, in the busy traffic of our "church activities," we have really lost sight of Him?I believe this is why the apostle Paul wrote, "...but this one thing I do.." (Phil. 3:13). We promote and practice so many inconsistent ideas and programs in our "houses" that it's practically impossible for us to strike anywhere near the target of God's true Kingdom purpose! Our aim and direction in the "house" has to become so consistent and so spiritually instinctive that we don't have to think or worry about it.

http://www.hanby.org/messages.php?id=1

1 Like

Re: The House That God Built by Candour(m): 4:39pm On Sep 07, 2013
From the bottom of my heart, i pray God's blessings on Bidam for this post.

Preach it brother and help the church of which you're a part go back to the form that was delivered to us by the early Christians and apostles.

God bless you for this post again

1 Like

Re: The House That God Built by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
Candour: From the bottom of my heart, i pray God's blessings on Bidam for this post.

Preach it brother and help the church of which you're a part go back to the form that was delivered to us by the early Christians and apostles.

God bless you for this post again
Amen my bro..i was also blessed by the OP.

It has bothered me for quite a while now that we have left the way of the master.
Re: The House That God Built by Nobody: 5:56pm On Sep 07, 2013
God bless u bro
Re: The House That God Built by Goshen360(m): 6:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
Great article @ Bidam but let it begin with you! You know what I'm talking about right? Simplicity of the gospel.
Re: The House That God Built by Nobody: 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
ledafaze: God bless u bro
And you too bro..
Re: The House That God Built by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2013
Goshen360: Great article @ Bidam but let it begin with you! You know what I'm talking about right? Simplicity of the gospel.
You don't know me jare..Go siddon grin
Re: The House That God Built by ichuka(m): 11:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidan
nice one,bless u
Re: The House That God Built by Goshen360(m): 11:46pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bidam: You don't know me jare..Go siddon grin

And who told you I don't know you? The fact I haven't seen you in person doesn't mean I can't tell who you are with different characters and handles grin wink
Re: The House That God Built by Image123(m): 9:21am On Sep 09, 2013
This is what we need to hear and be exhorted and edified, not the wannabe christians who love to drool over sensational stories on the streets of Ashkelon. Much grace and blessings Bidam

1 Like

Re: The House That God Built by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 09, 2013
Image123: This is what we need to hear and be exhorted and edified, not the wannabe christians who love to drool over sensational stories on the streets of Ashkelon. Much grace and blessings Bidam
God bless you sir,you have the mind of Christ.
Re: The House That God Built by ichuka(m): 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
Great post,
bro,Bidam

1 Like

Re: The House That God Built by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
i.chuka:
Great post,
bro,Bidam
Bros i.chuka, it's been a while o.Hope you re good.Thanks and stay blessed bro..

(1) (Reply)

UNBELIEVABLE, Website That Hooks Up Married 'christian' Couple For SEX Even GAYS / Youth Groups Driving Christian Teens to Abandon Faith / Is It Biblical For Men Of God To Threaten People with Curses ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.