Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,411 members, 7,954,629 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:04 AM

Gravity: Movie Of The Year? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gravity: Movie Of The Year? (933 Views)

Your Best Movie Of The Year (2014) / Name Ur Best Seasonal Movie Of All Time / Your Best Movie of the Last Decade (1990-2000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 07, 2013

It's got critics raving. With a 100% Fresh rating on RottenTomatoes, this space flick starring Sandra Bullock and George Clooney might well be the movie we've all been waiting for (after a somewhat disappointing year). Here's the trailer (which left me breathless, btw):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufsrgE0BYf0
I am so watching this whenever it comes to Genesis. Even James Cameron called it "the best space film ever". And that's saying something, seeing as he made Avatar.
Another trailer (this one's chilling):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4pcg7bXgmU
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by sholay2011(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2013
It would sure be one of the best movies of 2013 but it's way too early to crown it the best.

Most 'exceptional' movies are released towards the end of the year for awards attention.

Look out for these movies:

*American Hustle
*Foxcatcher
*Labor day
*The counsellor
*The wolf of wall street (not sure of the name)
*August: Osage county
*12 years a slave
*The Monuments men (also ft George Clooney)

Nevertheless, it may still be the best (which I doubt). Looking forward to seeing it anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by chromatic: 8:22am On Sep 09, 2013
sholay2011: It would sure be one of the best movies of 2013 but it's way too early to crown it the best.

Most 'exceptional' movies are released towards the end of the year for awards attention.

*American Hustle
*Foxcatcher
*Labor day
*The counsellor
*12 years a slave

Nevertheless, it may still be the best (which I doubt). Looking forward to seeing it anyway.

I agree with Sholay, the best movies of the year are released around october, November right about time for award sweeps..that's why most of those flicks are oscar baits. I think Gravity will be so good, the trailer looks is amazing.

I can predict that:
August: Osage county ( raking awards come awards season, plus the movie has a strong background in Broadway and it has Meryl streep: we know she has a best actress nomination locked down)

12 years a slave ( I'm so gassed for this, Chiwetel has been getting so many great reviews for this..a reviewer actually predicted it will be the most talked about movie of the year once it's released.

Wolf of Wall street, American Hustle and the Monument men will be good too. I'm not too sure Foxcatcher will live up to expectations though! You didn't add Diana to your list too, yeah because I think it might not live up too..

This year hasn't been all that terrible, I've seen a few well done jobs so far this year but still..we anticipate the release of these ones
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by sholay2011(m): 8:36am On Sep 09, 2013
^^^^^^ Your post is on point. Some of the wonderful ones that are already out are: Fruitvale Station, Before Midnight. I would love to see these movies.
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by prof800(m): 10:24am On Sep 09, 2013
I don't understand all the noise about 'gravity'.
The film never come out na...
abi he don come out ni...?
Pls I don't understand.
Rotten has already rated 100/98 % for a movie people have not watched..na wa ooo.

1 Like

Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
prof800: I don't understand all the noise about 'gravity'.
The film never come out na...
abi he don come out ni...?
Pls I don't understand.
Rotten has already rated 100/98 % for a movie people have not watched..na wa ooo.
_

Normally a movie is screened to critics first before the general public.
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 09, 2013

It's showing at TIFF.
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by adrainuche(m): 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
sholay2011: It would sure be one of the best movies of 2013 but it's way too early to crown it the best.

*American Hustle
*Foxcatcher
*Labor day
*The counsellor
*12 years a slave

you dint mention hobbit 3 continuation of lord of d Ring nt sure tho
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by Kezifils(m): 2:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
Trailers re way too awesome than d actual movie
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by Paschal007: 2:48pm On Sep 09, 2013
It's the movie out yet?
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by prof800(m): 3:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
SimonAndal:
It's showing at TIFF.
Okay. So I guess those of us who can't make it to 'Toronto' will have to wait till oct.
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
sholay2011: ^^^^^^ Your post is on point. Some of the wonderful ones that are already out are: Fruitvale Station, Before Midnight. I would love to see these movies.

Ethan Hawke?

The guy actually topped his "Purge" role. The movie is filmed continuously in a one scene sequence.
Loved it because of its synonymous concept to an everyday problem. The scripts were well thought out, loved the dinner settings, the walk scene where feelings were tested.

Overall, the movie ain't a must watch but it's one of the sane 2013 movies I'll recommend
Re: Gravity: Movie Of The Year? by chromatic: 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
No mention of Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug, maybe because The journey was a bit of a let down, the ending was promising so this one should be on the Lord of the ring standards..

sholay2011: ^^^^^^ Your post is on point. Some of the wonderful ones that are already out are: Fruitvale Station, Before Midnight. I would love to see these movies.

Yeah Fruitvale Station made sense, I haven't seen Before midnight though.

(1) (Reply)

Whats Your Favourite TV Series Or Show.. / CINEMA BOX: New Trailer. .. ITS AWESOME !!! / Africamagic Igbo Launches On 2nd April 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.