Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,202 members, 7,822,052 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent (1546 Views)

Funny Things Children Say Or Do In Their Innocence. / If You Found Out Your Male Child Has Been Defiled From Behind - Parents / Parents: What Is The Funniest Thing Your Child Has Ever Said To You Or Done? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by dont8(m): 8:26am On Sep 08, 2013
I find this interesting and funny because we can all relate with this trait in children as if an adult has told them what to say (sometimes it can be embarassing to the person involved shocked).

You get something like, are you sure you didn't tell your child to say this to me? grin

I got a lot, but can't come up with any except this one that stucked to my brain by my niece like 15 years ago; she was always told by her mum not to play on the sand, ''se engine lo nfo aso yen'' (do you think it's an engine that washes the the cloth).

Years later, she had a kid sister, when the sister started growing and playing with sand too; my niece ran outside and called her mum to come and see ''engine lo nfo aso'' (come and see engine is washing cloth), can't forget the kain laff we laughed, the way she said it and the look on everybody's face was epic cheesy
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 08, 2013
I was passing by a house one day and a little girl of about 4yrs was talking to an old woman.
She said 'Grandma, you are a small girl'. The Grandma said 'Ahh, Baba e ni small boy (it is your father that is a small boy). grin grin
Everybody that passed was just smiling.... Kids are so sinless.
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by ayobase(m): 9:45pm On Sep 08, 2013
I remember my younger one trying to tell someone to allow mum rest by saying, "let her rest in peace"

1 Like

Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by frostbyte: 8:21am On Sep 09, 2013
While watching the movie ...King Kong ,a little girl said something like .....the giant gorilla, king Kong belonged to the white lady offered to him as sacrifice.
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by dont8(m): 6:41am On Sep 12, 2013
LOL!
ayobase: I remember my younger one trying to tell someone to allow mum rest by saying, "let her rest in peace"
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by dont8(m): 7:05am On Sep 12, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by dont8(m): 7:13am On Sep 12, 2013
I no fit shout, children! cheesy
chaircover: My daughter questioning me on why there is no comma in the bible in Genesis 1 verse 1 where it says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth."

She said there should have been a comma between beginning and God.

I no fit talk grin
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by Nobody: 7:29am On Sep 12, 2013
Yes kids can be funny and very intelligent too.

Used to visit my cous who has a toddler sometimes.
Anytime I'm not in their house and d son kind of miss me, he will stand b4 d telly crying.
Aunty come and carry me, come and feed me.
Probably cos of my color, any gal he sees inside telly must his aunty.

And mistakenly if I surface, he will be beating his chest that he told me to come and I appeared!
Children!
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by dont8(m): 7:33am On Sep 12, 2013

1 Like

Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by dont8(m): 6:03am On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by LordReed(m): 12:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
OK dont8 you went from cuddly cute to alien weird, why did you have to spoil such a fun thread?
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by Nobody: 1:30pm On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 14, 2013
Lord_Reed: OK dont8 you went from cuddly cute to alien weird, why did you have to spoil such a fun thread?
grin grin

@Topic : Mummy shake your bum. grin
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by LordReed(m): 2:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
jidegirl12:

grin grin

@Topic : Mummy shake your bum. grin

LMAO!

My niece put her hand under her Mum's chin to turn her head to look at her and said "Don't say no to me Mummy." LoL!
Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by critique101(f): 6:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
dont8: 11. I don't know if this is "funny" or not, but when my son was two he started asking me "you fucking with me?" He said it like he was De Niro. I would kinda' flip out on him, telling him not to say that. I couldn't figure out where he learned it. Fast forward to Thanksgiving dinner, with my entire family, and my wife's entire family, in attendance. Right as dinner started he asked my wife's grandma' "you fucking with me?" Holy shit, the whole place fell apart, with everybody raising their voice at my little two year old who had no idea what he was doing wrong. Of course, everyone figured he learned it from TractorGeek. Swell. Fast forward a few more weeks and he finally is able to annunciate: "Play football with me?" He's six now. I can't wait until he's old enough to hear this story.

[b]12. I have a three year old who says some pretty strange stuff....

Last night: "Mommy.. the man, the very big man with big yellow eyes is looking at you."

I look.. nothing. I tell him there is no man and he is make-believe. My son laughs, "Oh he is hiding now." --- 2 minutes later, "Oh no Mommy, you made him very mad. Now he says he will come when you are sleeping."

Few weeks ago he tells me, "I'm not going to be four. I'm going to die. And you will put me down, down, down in the hole." I tell him that isn't true, and who told him that. He gets quiet and goes, "The man told me. But I will be scared, so after three night-nights you die too and come with me."

Sheesh. As if I didn't have bad dreams already!

13. buckling my 5 year old into her car seat she told me she had a dream that we got in a car accident and she was "all red" and mommy had to come get her. I asked where I was, she said at the hospital and mommy was crying.

Yeah, I drove slow that day. FTR, I have not been in a car accident since before my daughter was born, I have no clue where she got this context.

14. My little sister was about 11 (not very young, but young enough) when our dad passed away. A few days after he passed, my mother and I were woken up in the wee hours of the morning by a furious banging. We went downstairs to find my sister trying desperately to open our back door, yelling "He wants back in! We have to let him back in!" She has no recollection of it, and we believe she may have been sleepwalking...

15. My cousin was thrown out of a preschool for taking off his shoe and telling a nun: "Shut up or I'll take out your eye with my shoe 'cause I'm the son of the devil." Apparently that was the last straw. cheesy

16. We recently moved into a new house. My daughter's room has a closet that is down a narrow little hallway. I woke up one morning after having lived there for like a week, and my daughter isn't in her bed. No biggie, she's downstairs. Nope. I looked everywhere for her and nothing. I went back to her room and called to her, "Are you in here?"

"DON'T COME IN HERE!!!" from the closet. I went and looked down the little hallway but couldn't see her, as she was inside and to the left.

"DON'T COME IN HERE!!!"

" Please come out."

"DON'T LOOK AT ME!!!"

"What are you doing in there, Kaitlyn?"

"I'M NOT KAITLYN!!!"

I noped right out of there for a second because I was pretty freaked out. I went and got my wife out of bed. Wife came in and checked on her. Turns out, she was in there putting on a Strawberry Shortcake costume to surprise me and didn't want me to see before she got it on.

Freaked me right the Bleep out.

16. A few months ago my 3 year old daughter had the flu. After she was feeling a little better my wife took her outside in our backyard to play.

My wife was sitting on the back step and my daughter came up and asked her if she could play with the little girl on our slide.

My wife said " I don't see a little girl" and my daughter said "she is right over there on the slide mom, can't I play with her?"

My wife said "I don't see anyone" and my daughter insisted, "she is on the slide, and she is blue, can I play with her."

My wife, now freaked out said "lets go inside and make a snack" so they did.

For the rest of the day my daughter kept going and looking out the back door and kept telling my wife that the little blue girl was lonely.

17. About a year ago my daughter (who was about 3 years old at the time) started screaming around 2 AM. I could tell by the sound of her voice that something wasn't right. I was still very groggy and half asleep but still managed to rush down the hall and into her room without turning any of the lights on so I wouldn't wake her brother up. I go over to her bed and hear her screaming like crazy right in front of me but I pull back the covers and she isn't there. Because of how early it was and how quickly all this was happening, my brain is having a really hard time processing the situation. I could hear her RIGHT in front of me but I can clearly see she isn't there. I turn the light on and still can't find her. Meanwhile, she is getting more freaked out because she can hear me and can tell I can't find her either. After what felt like minutes, I finally realized she had fallen out of bed, rolled underneath it, and had freaked out because she couldn't move and couldn't tell where she was. I can still remember that moment of sheer panic I felt when I pulled back the covers and she wasn't there, while still hearing the scream coming "from" her bed.

18. When my oldest was about 3 years old I had a really weird dream where an alien was trying to take my son. I was lying in bed watching this alien take him by the hand and started taking off towards the window. When I went to scream I woke up. Here is the creepy part....I wake up to find my 3 year old turning on the night light in our room. He turns to look at me and says "oh, its ok mommy. The alien is gone." .....I didn't sleep for the rest of the night.

19. My 3-year-old son generally has a happy-go-lucky attitude, so this is pretty odd.

Sometimes when he's cuddling with his mommy, he'll say, very seriously, "Mom, I promise I won't ever chew on your bones. I promise."

20. While changing my daughter in front of the open closet door. She kept looking around me and laughing. I asked her what was so funny. She said, "the man." To which I replied, "what man?" She then pointed at the closet and said, "the man with the snake neck." I turn around and nothing was there. I'm afraid to look into the history of my house to see if anyone hung themselves in the closet. At least she wasn't scared.
Absolutely no idea where he got this.[/b]

your three yr old sounds possessed. take her for prayers

Re: Funny Things A Child Has Ever Said To A Parent by dont8(m): 7:10pm On Sep 14, 2013
I'll edit it right away, thanks for the observation.
Lord_Reed: OK dont8 you went from cuddly cute to alien weird, why did you have to spoil such a fun thread?

(1) (Reply)

The 8 Types Of Difficult People / Are You Still Using Your Wedding Ring ? / A Thread For The 40 Crowd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.