Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:29 AM

500 Internal Server Error - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / 500 Internal Server Error (1123 Views)

Airtel Official Website Internal Server Error (500) / 500 Internal Server Error >>>>>> Pls Explain / 500 internal server Error? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

500 Internal Server Error by NiccoC(m): 11:30am On Sep 08, 2013
please i need help. i've been getting a http 500 internal server error when setting up tomato cart on my website. i've tried changing the permission settings on the website but still the problem persists. any help will be greatly appreciated.
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 08, 2013
check your php configuration and apache ....

go to notepad

type

<?php
phpinfo();
?>

upload the file to ur server and check if there is rewrite_module enable !! or check ur htaccess file

Regards
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by NiccoC(m): 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2013
there's no rewrite_module there. that might be the problem. is there any way to solve it? i deleted the .htaccess files to check if they're the source of the problem but evidently, they're not
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by DualCore1: 6:41pm On Sep 08, 2013
This error is mostly as a result of an error in your .htaccess file. If you've deleted the .htaccess file and are still experiencing this problem, contact your host.
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by NiccoC(m): 8:11pm On Sep 08, 2013
tried doing that, but they're not offering much help
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by winexviv: 11:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
First remember that “Internal Server Error” does not mean a server problem. It implies an “internal” problem inside of your own hosting space and files. Here is a quick overview of what might likely cause the problem:

1) A .htaccess file has problems

2) 1 or more files or folders have permissions higher than 755, which is not allowed by the server. Any software that says you need 777 will work with 755 on our server.

3) Your PHP version is wrong inside the “PHP Configuration” section.

4) Your username does not own the folder or files.
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by NiccoC(m): 7:09am On Sep 09, 2013
i've deleted all the .htaccess files but still no solution. i think the problem might be from the permissions. i tried to change the permissions with my ftp client (filezilla) but it shows an error message which might be because the server is a windows server while filezilla doesn't seem able 2 change permissions for windows servers. trying to change it from firefox b which brings up a page (attached below) and i have no idea on how to set the permissions to 755.

Re: 500 Internal Server Error by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
I think the actual problem is from the server configuration, the server is configured not to allow 777 permission on the root folder. I suggest you move it to sub folder and the give it the full access. If you want to change the permission to 755 just unchose

Full Control
Read and Execute.

I will advise you to move the app to a sub folder and retain all permission in case you want to edit the files from admin panle.

Note: I know nothing about that your Tomato Cart.
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by NiccoC(m): 1:23am On Sep 10, 2013
i've done that but its still doesn't seem to solve the problem. this issue got me stumped
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by Nobody: 5:55am On Sep 10, 2013
The solution is simple. You mostly get 500 internal error due to wrong permission especially if you give full 777 in the root folder. Please is that script on root folder? If yes do you know how to create a new folder and move it there?
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by teemy(m): 11:15am On Sep 10, 2013
access your file manager on cpanel, click on your .htaccess file in public_html folder and then click on code editor.

Input this code after the last line or edit it if it already exists

ErrorDocument 404 /404file.html

Click save

so create your 404file.html (could also be .php or otherwise meaning let the file you want to use as your error page be the one in the code above, you could use your index.html file sef) and upload to public_html folder.

Lemme know the results
Re: 500 Internal Server Error by teemy(m): 11:17am On Sep 10, 2013
It’s easy to find the cause of the 500 error, if you use CPanel, open error logs and look for the the line with the URL you meet the error, it will explain to you itself why the error happens and you can solve it then.

(1) (Reply)

Naija Affiliate That Pays 5 Naira Per Referral / A lesson To Bloggers & An advice to Misstechy - The Linda Ikeji Of Tech Blogs / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.