Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,147 members, 7,953,537 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:21 PM

The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria (6191 Views)

Reasons Why Nigerians Love Cms, Plugins And Frameworks A Lot / Why Do Nigerians Love Cms, Plugins And Frameworks A Lot? / (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by dhtml12: 6:30am On Sep 14, 2013
END TIME TINZ!
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by skillforce: 10:52am On Sep 14, 2013
Having the skill is good. But it's marketing that differentiates big earners from everyone else.
Ever heard of Buyer Traffic Targeting Advantage before?
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by mekpice: 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
who knows about phpfox
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by mobofree: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
ok, but the most important question: WHERE and HOW to advertise in order to get clients. Most of designers know how to manage relations with clients. But maybe you could share insights how to get first clients.

1 Like

Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by luvscholar(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
dhtm12:
Uhm, when you say master it - you must specify what. Let us say you want
to learn only joomla, yes you can.

But let us say you want to learn: html, css, javascript,php,mysql. . . .
.responsive design,joomla,dreamweaver and master it. Heaves

I will not recommend you to use "what you see is what you get softwares" like Joomla, write your codes instead, and there are good e-books out there that teach from the scratch.. by mastering it I mean getting more creative with the skills you have acquired
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by luvscholar(m): 10:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
skillforce: Having the skill is good. But it's marketing that differentiates big earners from everyone else.
Ever heard of Buyer Traffic Targeting Advantage before?
true but advertising is the key
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:12pm On Sep 18, 2013
I don't know if this will help, but you can post your project here and hire freelancers who will do it: http:www.getlancers.com

Getlancers.com is Nigeria #1 job outsourcing and Freelancing website. We're a freelancing company that specializes in connecting both experienced and amateur web developer, software engineer to potential clients/contractors in Nigeria. All payment made on the website are protected through our integrated escrow feature.
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by Jehem: 12:17am On Sep 21, 2013
YOU CAN ALSO GET THE BEST WEB HOSTING PLAN AND ALSO EARN $150 AS AN AFFILIATE FOR EACH SIGN UP www.dreamhost.com/r.cgi?1502619
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 22, 2013
wink cool
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by chiomaihekire: 2:25pm On Sep 25, 2013
Thanks very much Bro, your words are really inspiring. My name is Otega, I am also a web designer although I may not be as good as you but I try my best. I must say I have really learnt a lot from you and I will try and apply ur methods, hoping it works for me too. Please if you don't mind, you can also refer some clients to me for web designing and hosting. You can reach me on 08053872387 or 08086011376 or talktwotega@yahoo.com . Thanks very much and God bless
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by Etecscompanies(m): 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2013
[quote author=FatBusyBee]

looking back, i will say it has been very good and i want to say my success lies with God and some internet marketing skills i picked up...

as for getting international clients...i think that is easier than getting the locals to pay you...im a member of one of the most reputable internet marketing forum and i sell my service as a web designer/logo designer. they dont really care if im black or a nigerian as long as i have good reviews...

i make much more from int. clients than i make with our locals here. [although my service comes very cheap but when you convert the currency to # its very encouraging and when you deliver at the right time you have a life long outsourcers]

last year alone i got so overwhelmed with projects from jv deals that i became a disappointment to some of them, and this really affected my profile. but since then ive learnt my lessons. it was all about the money then. but not anymore, its more about helping others when needed... i have given out web tutorial video that cost me so much here on nairaland just to make sure many also have the opportunity to get something doing.

web designing is not all about how good your design is but what your website will do to impact their business. i think one thing ive noticed working for me with the locals here is selling seo service with web design. business owners want something that will impact their business . U can allocate some jobs to me @08131074040
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by luvscholar(m): 7:44am On Sep 27, 2013
dhtm12:
Uhm, when you say master it - you must specify what. Let us say you want to learn only joomla, yes you can.

But let us say you want to learn: html, css, javascript,php,mysql. . . . .responsive design,joomla,dreamweaver and master it. Heaves

I can take you a 3weeks course on html,css,php and mysql.
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by olempe(m): 12:09am On Oct 02, 2013
FatBusyBee:

looking back, i will say it has been very good and i want to say my success lies with God and some internet marketing skills i picked up...

as for getting international clients...i think that is easier than getting the locals to pay you...im a member of one of the most reputable internet marketing forum and i sell my service as a web designer/logo designer. they dont really care if im black or a nigerian as long as i have good reviews...

i make much more from int. clients than i make with our locals here. [although my service comes very cheap but when you convert the currency to # its very encouraging and when you deliver at the right time you have a life long outsourcers]

last year alone i got so overwhelmed with projects from jv deals that i became a disappointment to some of them, and this really affected my profile. but since then ive learnt my lessons. it was all about the money then. but not anymore, its more about helping others when needed... i have given out web tutorial video that cost me so much here on nairaland just to make sure many also have the opportunity to get something doing.

web designing is not all about how good your design is but what your website will do to impact their business. i think one thing ive noticed working for me with the locals here is selling seo service with web design. business owners want something that will impact their business positively and telling them that you can help thier business achieve good visibility on the search engine has worked wonders for me recently.

Lemme say I'm motivated by your testimony, but I'd be glad if you could give me one of those JV sites where you gat jobs from foreign clients.

Thank you.
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by Bumyde: 1:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
One word, "Awesome", would love to meet you someday!
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
Another secret is that Nigerians are hiring programmers and freelancers here: http://www.getlancers.com
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by omesanni: 11:22am On Jan 07, 2014
Hi, I loved your post on how to get design jobs. I studied in the uk and I came back to nigeria december 2011, finished my Nysc in january2013 and I continue to search for jobs but I hardly see any entry level It job. The ones I find and apply for, I never get any response back. Please, I want to ask if there is any job little or big that I can partake in with you dont mind if u pay me little or I can still do it voluntarily. I just want to kickstart my career and get some professional experience. I am constantly on the internet learning new things in all things web like jquery, joomla etc but I just cant seem to get a job and am not getting any younger. I was out of d country for 6yrs so I really dont know how to find potiential clients and how the IT world in nigeria works, so I would just like to work under you, just learn from you and build myself up under your wing. I have really need this because I keep on developing my web design/developer skills but I have no professional experience and this has come up in several interviews as to where is any professional work I have done. My email is omesanni12345@yahoo.com just in case you want to contact me and if you need me to send some of my web design work that I normally do as practice just let me know.

thanks
Re: The Secret To Getting A Lot Of Web Design Work In Nigeria by omesanni: 11:22am On Jan 07, 2014
Hi, I loved your post on how to get design jobs. I studied in the uk and I came back to nigeria december 2011, finished my Nysc in january2013 and I continue to search for jobs but I hardly see any entry level It job. The ones I find and apply for, I never get any response back. Please, I want to ask if there is any job little or big that I can partake in with you dont mind if u pay me little or I can still do it voluntarily. I just want to kickstart my career and get some professional experience. I am constantly on the internet learning new things in all things web like jquery, joomla etc but I just cant seem to get a job and am not getting any younger. I was out of d country for 6yrs so I really dont know how to find potiential clients and how the IT world in nigeria works, so I would just like to work under you, just learn from you and build myself up under your wing. I have really need this because I keep on developing my web design/developer skills but I have no professional experience and this has come up in several interviews as to where is any professional work I have done. My email is omesanni12345@yahoo.com just in case you want to contact me and if you need me to send some of my web design work that I normally do as practice just let me know.

thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do I Transfer Money In My Payeer And Payza Acct To My Nigerian Bank Acct? / What To Do When Adsense Application Is Rejected On Grounds Of Graphic Content? / Entertainment Blogs In Nigeria Are Failing It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.