Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,351 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 AM

Choose A Phone For Me, Please - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Choose A Phone For Me, Please (673 Views)

I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. / Download Nigeria City Maps On Your Mobile Phone For Free - Limited Time Offer. / How can I scan my mobile phone for viruses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choose A Phone For Me, Please by solidhomes: 12:39am On Sep 09, 2013
Please can someone tell me the right phone for someone who is a constant user of the internet - emails, social media, research materials downloads, and all related? I am planning to change my phone within a few days and has the option to choose between the following:
1. Nokia E6 or a Nokia Lumia
2. Blackberry Q5
3. Samsung S2/3
I intend to use the BB data plan on whichever of the phones I get, so the ultimate aim is to get a data friendly phone. Thanks.
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by braine(m): 1:01am On Sep 09, 2013
Just get the BB Q coz bis aint working easily on the other phones mentioned•
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by Mustay(m): 7:14am On Sep 09, 2013
If he's using Airtel, BIS would mot be a problem on any of these phones - go for Galaxy S3, it'll IMO serve these purposes you need a smartphone for.
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by kelsonpoint(m): 7:17am On Sep 09, 2013
solidhomes: Please can someone tell me the right phone for someone who is a constant user of the internet - emails, social media, research materials downloads, and all related? I am planning to change my phone within a few days and has the option to choose between the following:
2. Blackberry Q5
3. Samsung S2/3
I intend to use the BB data plan on whichever of the phones I get, so the ultimate aim is to get a data friendly phone. Thanks.
dey are goin extinct Execpt u want to use dem for decorative purpose

2 Likes

Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 09, 2013
Samsung galaxy S3. Btw bbm is coming to android, so pick the Samsung phone.

1 Like

Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by Emekayoung(m): 10:29am On Sep 09, 2013
adaobi123: Samsung galaxy S3. Btw bbm is coming to android, so pick the Samsung phone.
He is not talking abt BBM,but data friendly phone..
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 09, 2013
Emekayoung:
He is not talking abt BBM,but data friendly phone..

I know, but can't you use BIS on Android ?
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by physise(m): 10:31am On Sep 09, 2013
solidhomes: Please can someone tell me the right phone for someone who is a constant user of the internet - emails, social media, research materials downloads, and all related? I am planning to change my phone within a few days and has the option to choose between the following:
2. Blackberry Q5
3. Samsung S2/3
buy galaxy s3
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2013
q5
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by braine(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2013
Mustay: If he's using Airtel, BIS would mot be a problem on any of these phones - go for Galaxy S3, it'll IMO serve these purposes you need a smartphone for.

What about those like me using MTN and don't want to use any other sim?
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by solelymade: 11:16am On Sep 09, 2013
physise: buy galaxy s3
I'm not surprised u've commented on dis thread. Obsession
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by solidhomes: 11:44am On Sep 09, 2013
Thanks for your responses. I use an Airtel sim so that gives me one advantage on the android devices. But what if in the nearest future they go the way of Mtn and others? I forgot to mention that battery life is important too. So based on all these, I'll appreciate more responses or even suggestions different from my list.
Re: Choose A Phone For Me, Please by Mustay(m): 2:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
braine:

What about those like me using MTN and don't want to use any other sim?
SIMply port wink cool
It doesn't look like Airtel will block this stuff if that's what you meant by "going the way of MTN". They are well aware people use BIS on Android and it bothers them not since at the very least, it's LEGIT not some hacked stuff.

If it's battery life, S3 still better than S2 however, Nokia is known for their long battery life but be that as it may, most smartphones if used smartly will last long wink

Maybr I'd suggest you buy this mobile charger if it's of much conern to you.

(1) (Reply)

Andriod Apk That Can Cut And Join Vedio Together / Why Did You Lock My Thread? / Official Instagram App For Windows Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.