Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,906 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:51 PM

Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. (3040 Views)

Tom Saintfiet To Report Keshi To FIFA For 'Racism' / Nigerian FA Denies Contract With Saintfiet / Tom Saintfiet, A Belgian Is Super Eagles Tech Director For $20k Monthly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. by MrAladin: 8:59am On Sep 09, 2013
Tom Saintfiet has quit as
coach of the Malawi national
team following his side’s 0-2
loss to Nigeria in a 2014 World
Cup qualifying game in Calabar
on Saturday.
Saintfiet whose appointment was ratified
on July 2 by the Football Association of
Malawi (FAM) explained that he had an
“agreement till midnight on Saturday” with
FAM.
The Belgian also revealed that his major aim
as Malawi coach was to mastermind a
stunning success against the reigning
African champions, Nigeria in Calabar, a feat
he failed to achieve.
“I never was here to win many games. I
was here to win one game (on Saturday)
against Nigeria and that was the only goal,”
Saintfiet said at the post-match press
conference.
He was however cryptic when queried
about his next move.
“I don’t feel any pressure because (the
Football Association of Malawi) had an
agreement till midnight on Saturday.
“From Sunday morning, I have no
agreement with the federation and that
was clear so I am a professional coach and
my future? That we will see in the coming
weeks but I am not worried about that,” he
said.
Saintfiet played football between 1983 to
1997 (FC Boom) before becoming a football
manager at the age of 24, becoming the
youngest manager in Belgian football

www.supersport.com

www.ads.admarvel.com/fam/ck_offline.php?p=__pid=dc4fd12034e3f291__sid=59014__bid=672015
Re: Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. by Tolexander: 9:06am On Sep 09, 2013
Nice.
Re: Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. by speeder(m): 9:38am On Sep 09, 2013
As it is now many coaches are gonna retire because Nigerian is gonna keep winning. So we expect many coaches to retire by d end of the yr.
Re: Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. by Danhumprey: 9:41am On Sep 09, 2013
Sorry o. But atleast you should have thrown in the towel than having to have face such disgrace.

1 Like

Re: Malawi National Football Team Coach "Saintfiet" Quits After Loss To Nigeria. by nerodenero: 9:48am On Sep 09, 2013
Eagles busted his ars.e and balded headgringringringringrin.See beef!Go bury your head in shame jooo

(1) (Reply)

4 Famous Footballers Who Went Bankrupt(Photos) / Watch All Champions League Finals (1994 - 2020) / The Most Expensive Wall In Football History...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.