Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,093 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help (3623 Views)

Car Conversion Is It Still Worth It? / Right Hand Drive To Left Hand Drive Conversion / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by HenryRaphael: 9:10am On Sep 09, 2013
Please my people,i really need solution,i changed my dodge caravan engine 3.0 and put toyota 4s engine 2.0,because the dodge engine used to off especially on traffic light or when i slow down to enter a corner.The NEW TOYOTA ENGINE starts normal,but if I press accelerator it do as if it want to die even at times off,at a time it will pick,by the time i put it in a gear it can never be raise,unless i put my leg on accelerator small and be waiting for it to pick gradually,this thin happened the mechanic told me that my fuel pump is bad,i gave him N12,000 to buy complete fuel pump which he said he did,but the same thing is happening,if i join another road instead of it to answer me quick,because i cant press accelerator,for if i do it will off or doing as if am driving without fuel,the more i accelerate it the more it dies,unless i tarp it small.
Now mechanic told me that the way AIR enters the dodge and Toyota is not the same,that i can only be using it like that,then i told him
that since the engine is toyota is it not better i put the toyota fuel pump if possible buy toyota fuel tank, i want to drive the van normal,i dont want to be doing tarping,driving slorgishly people behind will be blowing horn rendering abuses for wasting there time.
Please any good advice,i have spent so much money already,if i said let me sell it, i cant get anything from.I know that the work there is just finishing,the new engine is good and starts any time,but the ability to sustain energy accordingly when i press accelerator.my email is babahenro@yahoo.com,incase some body want to advice me directly thanks.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Nobody: 10:12am On Sep 09, 2013
No advice for you from me, besides getting the CORRECT 3.0 V6 engine back in place.

If I'd adviced against this alien "installation", I doubt you'd have listened anyway. Your bed, lie in it!

2 Likes

Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Ikenna351(m): 10:20am On Sep 09, 2013
Siena: No advice for you from me, besides getting the CORRECT 3.0 V6 engine back in place.

If I'd adviced against this alien "installation", I doubt you'd have listened anyway. Your bed, lie in it!

The main problem is that he seems not to acknowledge that he created the problem and brought it upon himself.

Ikenna.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Seun(m): 10:36am On Sep 09, 2013
Ikenna351:
The main problem is that he seems not to acknowledge that he created the problem and brought it upon himself.

Ikenna.
Is this helpful?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Ikenna351(m): 10:44am On Sep 09, 2013
If we are to go with the content of your post, your "NEW" Toyota engine must be an EFI engine then, because I don't see where one can still see a brand new fuel carburetted engine buy on this planet Earth. Unless you got it from Mars, anyway.

If truly the engine is EFI, did that clown that did the electrical part of the conversion thinks that the engine wiring harness would be a simply drop? Was the harness installation done with the new toyota engine wiring schematics? What made him think the two injection systems are the same?

I may have sounded harsh here, but the nature of this thread called for it. Simple, revert your car how it was when you got her, if you truly want to use that car. If the original engine has failed, find the exact engine for replacement.

Take it from me, if you continue to use that car in the present state, that your NEW Toyota engine will die before you even recover from your present nightamre. It's your call.

Ikenna.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Nobody: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2013
Besides the obvious fuelling issues, the Dodge Caravan is a heavy beast - long, wide, with a larger glass area. The 2.0 Toyota engine will be overworked.

What gearbox was used in this "installation"? Because without an adapter plate (custom) the 2.0 I4 Toyota won't bolt up to the Dodge 3.0 V6 bellhousing. If the Toyota's ECU and harness was used, the ECU won't communicate with the Dodge's TCU.

@ Ikenna: Carburettor engines can still be bought, either used, factory refurbished or brand new. Examples are the VW Golf 1, Honda Accord, BMW E21/E30, Mercedes-Benz W124, Peugeot 504/505 etc. The carburettor engines are still available from their respective dealerships.

I've just shipped a brand new crate carburettor engine to Ghana, a 1.6 carburettor unit for a 1989 Vauxhall/Opel Cavalier.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Ikenna351(m): 11:32am On Sep 09, 2013
Seun: Is this helpful?

Yes, absolutely, it is.

You buy a can of petrol, pour it on you vehicle and ignite her. After the car burn finish, you come to me to complain you don't have a car anymore. What do you expect me to say to you? Sorry?

Ikenna.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Ikenna351(m): 11:50am On Sep 09, 2013
Siena:

@ Ikenna: Carburettor engines can still be bought, either used, factory refurbished or brand new. Examples are the VW Golf 1, Honda Accord, BMW E21/E30, Mercedes-Benz W124, Peugeot 504/505 etc. The carburettor engines are still available from their respective dealerships.

I've just shipped a brand new crate carburettor engine to Ghana, a 1.6 carburettor unit for a 1989 Vauxhall/Opel Cavalier.

About 3 years ago, a mechanic in Austarlia ordered for a brand new PRV engine produced in the early '80s for a customer of his. The dead engine was replaced with the new one. Weeks later, the whole engine oil was gone. Every part of the engine was leaking oil. Eventually, the engine was opened up and rebuilt.

The mechanic found another new PRV engine and placed an order for another customer of his who was interested. As soon as the engine arrived, he simply opened up the engine and replaced all the seals and rings, before the engine was swapped in. A brand new engine, but has to be rebuilt to be used. The longer an engine stays unused, the more the seals harden and would fail when next it's used, whether it's used or new engine.

Well, i didn't know one could still get a brand new XN1 engine, like you pointed out. But if i would have to open the engine to replace all the seals and rings to use the engine, then i wouldn't call it a new engine then.

Ikenna.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by DisGuy: 11:50am On Sep 09, 2013
Seek advice before spending money and making major changes not After

the problem was probably something simple--now it's rocket science!!
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by icemann(m): 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ikenna351:

Ikenna.

If you don't have something nice to say please don't post.

2 Likes

Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Ikenna351(m): 12:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
icemann:

And your point is?

Ikenna
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by icemann(m): 12:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ikenna351:

Yes, absolutely, it is.

You buy a can of petrol, pour it on you vehicle and ignite her. After the car burn finish, you come to me to complain you don't have a car anymore. What do you expect me to say to you? Sorry?

Ikenna.

And you are defending your post. Can't you see your bad use of English from the earlier post?

2 Likes

Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by icemann(m): 12:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ikenna351:

And your point is?

Ikenna

If you can't see my point, then go ask for a tuition refund

1 Like

Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by HenryRaphael: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
Siena: Besides the obvious fuelling issues, the Dodge Caravan is a heavy beast - long, wide, with a larger glass area. The 2.0 Toyota engine will be overworked.

What gearbox was used in this "installation"? Because without an adapter plate (custom) the 2.0 I4 Toyota won't bolt up to the Dodge 3.0 V6 bellhousing. If the Toyota's ECU and harness was used, the ECU won't communicate with the Dodge's TCU.

Sir,i bought the complete engine and gear box together,the issue is that when i raive it on stationary it will do as if there is no much fuel,later it will raise to the highest,which i cant do while driving,is like is not getting good mixture of fuel and air in the combustion,the mechanic said the way toyota breaths air is different from dodge,thats is the area i want to solve.it want met to place my leg on accelerator small till when it will pick,but if it finaly picks,it runs very fast like mad.i just want to control the movement,give it power when i need it not to wait till when it will come on its own because i cant match accelerator hard.Please my oga dont be offended,you can still think out some solution to this,i notice that there is no catalyse converter,(they joined exhaust pipe direct to the one on the van,no 02 sensor,nor air filter,can all this cause this issue?What is this issue of breathing of Air?
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by wwwkaycom(m): 12:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Seun: Is this helpful?
Seun, this op has been a member of nairaland since 2009 and has been contributing to car-talk section. Besides, he is educated enough to know that you dont take what our local mechanics tell you hook, line and sinker without first seeking second opinion from experts who are always willing to share their ideas freely especially on a platform like nairaland. He caused the problem himself, its like saying building is building therefore, one can build a four storey building on a foundation made for a bungalow, it wont work, it will collapse. However, let him do what the experts are saying by sourcing for and fixing the original 3.0 V6 engine if he wants to continue to use the car, cheers!
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Ikenna351(m): 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
icemann:

And you are defending your post. Can't you see your bad use of English from the earlier post?

And this is all you can come up with? My bad use of English? Lol!

By the way, the post was directed at Seun and not you. How did that become your headache?

Ikenna
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by HenryRaphael: 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ikenna351: If we are to go with the content of your post, your "NEW" Toyota engine must be an EFI engine then, because I don't see where one can still see a brand new fuel carburetted engine buy on this planet Earth. Unless you got it from Mars, anyway.

If truly the engine is EFI, did that clown that did the electrical part of the conversion thinks that the engine wiring harness would be a simply drop? Was the harness installation done with the new toyota engine wiring schematics? What made him think the two injection systems are the same?

I may have sounded harsh here, but the nature of this thread called for it. Simple, revert your car how it was when you got her, if you truly want to use that car. If the original engine has failed, find the exact engine for replacement.

Take it from me, if you continue to use that car in the present state, that your NEW Toyota engine will die before you even recover from your present nightamre. It's your call.

Ikenna.

Oga Ikenna,really one may say i didnt ask before going into it,i did,go to Ladipo,they will tell you,that Dodge engine is not reliable besides mechanic runs from them,just convert to toyota that is more reliable everybody knows,i bought everything brain box,engine and gear box,now i newly change the fuel pump,though i told him to use toyota fuel pump,but he said no.may be there is something he didnot connect well,that makes it to blow by if raived,He said something of breathing of air difference,you have handled issues bigger than this here,i have been reading your post,there is no catalyst converter,no 02,no air filter,can all these be d issue of weak power unless i tarp it small,but blow by if raived.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
icemann:

Bro, it's not about being nice. Nice isn't factual. Being brutally honest is. We all learn lessons, sometimes very harsh. But, we learn from them, and don't make the same mistake.

I'm pretty sure Henry has learned the hard way, and won't repeat this in future.

My advice remains the same - get the correct engine fitted - assuming it's still possible. The "mechanic" could well have chopped up the original engine harness, chopped the chassis / front subframe to make the alien installation "fit." Making the process almost irreversible.

If this is the case, then it's probably best Henry sells his Dodge off as it stands, and cut his losses. Spending more on it, in my humble opinion is akin to throwing good money onto a bonfire, and watching it burn.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by icemann(m): 1:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
Siena:

Bro, it's not about being nice. Nice isn't factual. Being brutally honest is. We all learn lessons, sometimes very harsh. But, we learn from them, and don't make the same mistake.

I'm pretty sure Henry has learned the hard way, and won't repeat this in future.

My advice remains the same - get the correct engine fitted - assuming it's still possible. The "mechanic" could well have chopped up the original engine harness, chopped the chassis / front subframe to make the alen installation "fit." Making the process almost irreversible.

If this is the case, then it's probably best Henry sells his Dodge off as it stands, and cut his losses. Spending more on it, in my humble opinion is akin to throwing good money onto a bonfire, and watching it burn.

As we can all see the OP is in regret, making fun of him is not constructive and that won't help his morale. I guess the idea of this forum was to give USEFUL advice.
(Ref to Ikenna)

2 Likes

Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 09, 2013
icemann: As we can all see the OP is in regret, making fun of him is not constructive and that won't help his morale. I guess the idea of this forum was to give USEFUL advice.
(Ref to Ikenna)

Bro, I agree - this forum is to help each other. No one has the monopoly when it comes to knowledge.

But I think you're getting unduly emotional about things here - I've gone through Ikenna's responses over and over, and no where did I observe him making fun of Henry. And his advice couldn't be more useful or constructive.

Unless you're seeing things differently, or I'm missing something?

2 Likes

Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Ikenna351(m): 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2013
Henry Raphael:

Oga Ikenna,really one may say i didnt ask before going into it,i did,go to Ladipo,they will tell you,that Dodge engine is not reliable besides mechanic runs from them,just convert to toyota that is more reliable everybody knows,i bought everything brain box,engine and gear box,now i newly change the fuel pump,though i told him to use toyota fuel pump,but he said no.may be there is something he didnot connect well,that makes it to blow by if raived,He said something of breathing of air difference,you have handled issues bigger than this here,i have been reading your post,there is no catalyst converter,no 02,no air filter,can all these be d issue of weak power unless i tarp it small,but blow by if raived.

I wasn't suggesting you should have come to Nairaland to find out if such conversion would work. Besides, you just confirmed what i believed made you do such conversion: V6 vs I4 Nigerian mentality; Toyota engines are the most reliable, etc.

You just confirmed, also, what i stated above. You made it obvious in your above post that the wiring conversion was not done with the wiring schematics.

How could one set up an EFI system without o2 sensor in the system? And to make matters worse, no Airfilter? What specie of clown did that conversion biko nu? How on Earth would the AFM, MAP or MAF do its work then in the absence of Airfilter box or the any form of air intake?

Engine wiring conversion is not a drop swap. It has to be modified to work with the Engine ECU and some of the engine components that will need +ve supply from battery via relays. Most ECUs will have more than 1 ground supply to manage the engine properly. Were they all grounded?

How could one downgrade from 3.0 L to 2.0 L without considering that both fuel pump may have different psi for the fuel injectors to work properly ? Was the repair manual of both engines "consulted" to find out what psi the fuel rails of both engines require to run? What about the FPR of both engines? Do they hold the same amount fuel pressure?

Like i have been singing, the mechanical part of conversion is not where the problem is, but the electrical one. If you had swapped in a fuel carburreted engine instead, this thread may not have been created.

Yes, i have handled issues more severe than yours before. My Baby is a good example. But i can't help without wiring schematics of both engines in your case.

From what you have explained above, an abuse, on the highest order, was metted on that car. It was a terrible electrical conversion.

Well, if you have the schematics, you can start by installing and connecting all the missing injection components, if you really want to run that engine in that car. That's a start.

Ikenna.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by HenryRaphael: 2:52pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ikenna351:

I wasn't suggesting you should have come to Nairaland to find out if such conversion would work. Besides, you just confirmed what i believed made you do such conversion: V6 vs I4 Nigerian mentality; Toyota engines are the most reliable, etc.

You just confirmed, also, what i stated above. You made it obvious in your above post that the wiring conversion was not done with the wiring schematics.

How could one set up an EFI system without o2 sensor in the system? And to make matters worse, no Airfilter? What specie of clown did that conversion biko nu? How on Earth would the AFM, MAP or MAF do its work then in the absence of Airfilter box or the any form of air intake?

Engine wiring conversion is not a drop swap. It has to be modified to work with the Engine ECU and some of the engine components that will need +ve supply from battery via relays. Most ECUs will have more than 1 ground supply to manage the engine properly. Were they all grounded?

How could one downgrade from 3.0 L to 2.0 L without considering that both fuel pump may have different psi for the fuel injectors to work properly ? Was the repair manual of both engines "consulted" to find out what psi the fuel rails of both engines require to run? What about the FPR of both engines? Do they hold the same amount fuel pressure?

Like i have been singing, the mechanical part of conversion is not where the problem is, but the electrical one. If you had swapped in a fuel carburreted engine instead, this thread may not have been created.

Yes, i have handled issues more severe than yours before. My Baby is a good example. But i can't help without wiring schematics of both engines in your case.

From what you have explained above, an abuse, on the highest order, was metted on that car. It was a terrible electrical conversion.

Well, if you have the schematics, you can start by installing and connecting all the missing injection components, if you really want to run that engine in that car. That's a start.

Ikenna.

Thank you my oga,you are too much,am going there now to ask him all this question.every component is important,they will always say it doesnt matter,please i need more questions,if i can see you personally i think alot of issues will be dealt with,though am in Lagos.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
Henry, do you know if your mechanic used all the Toyota engine wiring? As well as the ECU?

The fuel pump won't be the culprit here - EFI fuel pumps supply fuel in excess of the engine's requirements, the system pressure is determined by the FPR, (Fuel Pressure Regulator) with the excess being returned to the fuel tank.
If anything, it sounds like the engine's over-fuelling. Getting too much fuel, which will make the motor run like a dog at low rpm, but will be okay-ish at higher rpm.

So it's difficult to drive slowly, you push the gas, the car feels it doesn't want to pick up. Push almost to the floor, and the car picks up rapidly, too sudden for you to react to at times.

Is this what's happening?

Running without an air filter is bad news too, that needs to be sorted out. The MAF (if there's one fitted) must be confused as hell.

What year was the Toyota 2.0 engine (the donor car)?

No oxygen sensor either? All these missing parameters need to be addressed.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Ikenna351(m): 4:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
@ Siena,

I do know that Benz W124 petrol I6 runs with 2 electric FP (Fuel pumps). One is big, while the other is small. But then, the W124 petrol I4s run only 1 electric FP. If the I6 could run with 1 FP, they wouldn't have bothered with another FP. But then, it's mechanical injection, if am correct.

My ZN3J, in my 505 V6, runs 2 FPs too: 1 main/external pump and 1 in-tank pump (inside tank). But then, there are other 505s with EFI Petrol I4 that have only 1 FP, main/external pump. Note that both are EFIs.

Notwithstanding, systems differ. My ES9J4S in my 406 V6 D9 Fuel pressure is controlled by engine ECU via the FP. The system lacks FPR, sp the ECU controls the pressure of fuel by telling the FP amount of fuel to suck and push towards the engine, depending on what the throttle sensor tells the ECU via the level of thottle pedal/butterfly Motorised throttle body. But my ZN3J has FPR and maintains 3,0 bar on the fuel rail.

Like i said, you could be right about the Dodge FP working well with the 2.0 L Toyota engine (even i do not know the specific Toyota engine he swapped in), since i do not know their EFI systems set up.

Ikenna.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by HenryRaphael: 4:44pm On Sep 09, 2013
Siena: Henry, do you know if your mechanic used all the Toyota engine wiring? As well as the ECU?

The fuel pump won't be the culprit here - EFI fuel pumps supply fuel in excess of the engine's requirements, the system pressure is determined by the FPR, (Fuel Pressure Regulator) with the excess being returned to the fuel tank.
If anything, it sounds like the engine's over-fuelling. Getting too much fuel, which will make the motor run like a dog at low rpm, but will be okay-ish at higher rpm.

So it's difficult to drive slowly, you push the gas, the car feels it doesn't want to pick up. Push almost to the floor, and the car picks up rapidly, too sudden for you to react to at times.

Is this what's happening?

Running without an air filter is bad news too, that needs to be sorted out. The MAF (if there's one fitted) must be confused as hell.

What year was the Toyota 2.0 engine (the donor car)?

No oxygen sensor either? All these missing parameters need to be addressed.

The car will always start immediately one hand,but when i raive it it will do as if there is not much fuel,like am having dirty plug something like that,then if i persist it will blow by then raise to the highest with blow by sound too,but if i put it on gear, i can never raive the engine it may quench,only just for me to tarp small then it will move slowly from there continue moving and keep changing gear,if i mistaken adjust my leg,it will miss fire,at times climbing of hill is always difficult,unless am on high speed.It does not respond according to the raiving of engine.Let me buy air filter 02 sensor etc to see if there will be problem.i was thinking that 3.0 fuel pump will be too much for 4s engine 2.0 or 1.8
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by tommysparks: 10:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Henry check your mass airflow meter it might just be dirty or bad, and scan d car maybe your engine coils and plug caps are bad too.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by Ikenna351(m): 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
tommysparks: Henry check your mass airflow meter it might just be dirty or bad, and scan d car maybe your engine coils and plug caps are bad too.

Did it occur to you thay the scan port from the donor car will be missing in the Dodge? Was the scan port transferred to the Dodge Caravan during the conversion? Or do you think the Dorge port must have been connected to work with the Toyota engine ECU? Though, if the Dodge is pre-1996, then it will likely not have OBD-II port, unless OBD.

If at all the port is available and properly connected, do you know how many codes that will pop up if scanned? Nearly all the error codes programmed into the Toyota engine ECU will appear on the poor scanner, considering the terrible wiring job that was done. So, don't add more nightmares to poor OP. But then, it's not a bad idea to scan the car though, if it will be possible. But there are already obvious components missing which one doesn't need scanner to tell him they need to be installed before you even think of troubleshooting the vehicle.

That reminds me, was the Toyota instrument cluster swapped in as well? If not, it means you won't get to know the state of your engine management at every point in time since the CEL will be missing. Because the Caravan CEL must have been wired differently to the Caravan engine ECU which has been removed.

About speedo, i wouldn't know if the Caravan speedo on the cluster is controlled by cable or electric? If its cable, wahala dey be dat. If it's electric, wahala dey too, though it can be made to work, depending on how good one is. The speed sensor on the transmission report to something else before it gets to speedo in the cluster. I don't know the system of the caravan, so i won't comment much here. But since the transmission was replaced as well, it won't be that easy to make the speedo work.

What about the tachometer? Were they able to make it work? In newer engines, the tachometer is controlled by engine ECU, while in the older engines with conventional ignition coil and distributor, the tachometer can be connected to run from the ignition coil 2 terminals, which is very simple to connect. But note that V6 tacho won't work properly when connected to an I4 ignition system. Fo example, if you connect an I4 tacho to a v6 ignition system, the tacho will over read. For example, if the actual engine speed is at 1k rpm, you may be seeing 2k rpm or more. You will never know the true rpm of the car, especially when at idle, which is very important to know your rpm at idle.

Anyway, let him sort out the injection issues first. Maybe, he just have to live with the absence of the others.

Ikenna.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by sultaan(m): 4:50am On Sep 10, 2013
Op,

This is your opportunity to buy another car because that mechanic don condemn the Dodge.

If you had posted the problem with the Dodge it would have been solved easily, now they have to undo everything they did with the van.I know some will say you should have bought a Toyota, It would have ended up the same way
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by earthrealm(m): 10:47am On Sep 10, 2013
peeeps don hear......all this clueless conversions doesn't always fare well for the owner.indstead its the mechanic that smiles to the bank......
alaways replace apples with apples and oranges with oranges.....

someone I know swapped his 02 rav4 engine/gearbox for the camry engine all cos of the simple rav4 tranny problem...now the car is always misbehaving and coming up with all sorts of problem.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by HenryRaphael: 11:03am On Sep 10, 2013
tommysparks: Henry check your mass airflow meter it might just be dirty or bad, and scan d car maybe your engine coils and plug caps are bad too.

Thank you sir,when the mechanic finished the convertion,i sent my painter to go and pick up the van from Ladipo to Ikoyi,i just want him to first test it,which he told me that everything works fine,that he accelerated the van to the full the speed was ok for 4 plug.He is a different person because he doesnt have any reason to lie that is ok if is not ok.But the problem started when he finished painting and told me that there is no fuel,i told him can it be driven to filling station for fuel he said yes,on our way the car started miss behaving or blow bye,he said is because of fuel the tank is virtually empty.when we finished fueling i saw the excitement on his face he told me oga you can drive this van to east now no shaking.In the morning while going to oshodi on the third mainland bridge,i started noticing power drop,at times it will pick and raives high as if more than the present gear,which ordinary if it moved based on the raive,i will speed faster,i parked at oworoshoki because i felt that is may be plug,when i got to oshodi i call my mechanic that did the convertion,that was when he said is fuel pump,now i hard him saying yesterday that he put v8 fuel pump WHY?and and that he has changed the plug wires.The fuel gage is now at the half tank and i know i dont have up to half tank,even when i said something about air filter that is not there,he said it doesnt matter or may be i can go and buy aftermarket,without box,just fix it there,though i have seen that type.i dont know if the injector is dirty,i believe people might have come across this kind of issue,i dont know why mine is difficult to figure out.
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by earthrealm(m): 12:02pm On Sep 10, 2013
well if what u say is true...then it might be just a simple problem of dirt getting into the wrong place.......[that's why it isn't good to let ur fuel get low],
but from ur history...the car has a carburettor [sic] now, not an injector...so the issue of clogged nozzles shud be low/non existent
Re: Engine Conversion Is Killing Me,please Help by HenryRaphael: 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2013
earthrealm: well if what u say is true...then it might be just a simple problem of dirt getting into the wrong place.......[that's why it isn't good to let ur fuel get low],
but from ur history...the car has a carburettor [sic] now, not an injector...so the issue of clogged nozzles shud be low/non existent

Sir,is injector and not caburettor,s[b]o the issue of clogged nozzles shud be low/non existent[/quote]
[/b] i dont understand what u mean here sir thanks.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BEST ATF For Camry 98/99 Tinylight / Opel Astra 2002 Model / Help! Where Is The Engine Number Of A Toyota Camry 99 Located?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.