Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Role Of Women In The Church...are We Getting It All Wrong Or.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Role Of Women In The Church...are We Getting It All Wrong Or.... (963 Views)

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / 10 Things That Youths in Church Are Guilty Of / Anointing Oil Used By Some Churches: Wrong Or Right. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Role Of Women In The Church...are We Getting It All Wrong Or.... by patrickmuf(m): 2:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
What the bible says about women in relation to their role in the church.....
I corinthians 14:34-36...
And it reads:
34 women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission as the law says.
35 if they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church
36 Did the word of God originate with you? Or are you the only people it has reached?
37 if anybody thinks he is a prophet or spiritually gifted, let him aknowledge that what i am writing to you is the lord's command.
38 if he ignores this, he himself will be ignored...
Anybody with better understanding should be explain or breakdown what this verse is saying, cos it led to a serious argument between my pals...
Re: Role Of Women In The Church...are We Getting It All Wrong Or.... by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

15 Signs Of The End Time / 5 Amazing Benefits Of Paying Tithe / 1500 Year Old Bible Confirms That Jesus Christ Was Not Crucified – Vatican In Su

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.