Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,820 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) (13721 Views)

Dollar 'palaver': Prostitute Stabs Man Over Price Increase / Police Arrest Fake Soldier, Truck-load Of Cannabis (pictured) / Police Arrest Fake Soldier And Man,37 For Defiling Girl , 7 (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by omowa1: 9:23pm On Sep 09, 2013

The police in Ibeju Lekki, Lagos Nigeria, have arrested a fake soldier after he battered a labourer for allegedly refusing to give him a N3,000 bribe as the incident occurred at Hi-Tech yard, Eko Akete, Awoyaya, Ibeju Lekki.

After investigation by Corporal Raymond Udoeka and his team, the suspect, Emmanuel Joseph, 34, was charged before a Tinubu Magistrate’s court, Lagos on a five-count charge of felony to wit, assault occasioning harm, stealing and impersonation.

Narrating his ordeal in the hands of the suspected fake soldier to the police from his hospital bed, the severely injured victim, James Ihonde said: “I went to Hi-Tech yard to
eat in a canteen and I met a man in military uniform with his friend inside the canteen. I requested for food from the owner of the canteen.

“Suddenly the man in the military uniform barked at me and said I have no respect for the Nigerian Army and that I was supposed to salute him, a military man, before requesting for food inside the canteen. He later said I must pay him and his colleague the sum of N3,000 as bribe before I could eat food in the canteen.

“Immediately I replied that he has no right to challenge me inside the canteen, the man and his friend descended on me and beat me with military belt and wood. They stripped me naked and inflicted injuries on my two eyes and parts of my body.

“They stole my handset, the N4,000 in my pocket and the sum of N6,000 belonging to the owner of the canteen. They later demanded for the sum of N3,000 from me as bribe before they could allow me to go and treat myself. Residents in the area contributed the money and gave it to them before they abandoned me and left the scene.”

Following the incident, the police traced the suspect to a beer parlour and arrested one of them. During interrogation, Joseph, the arrested suspect, allegedly confessed to the crime and denied being a military officer.

When asked how he came about the military camouflage uniform he was wearing, Joseph allegedly told the police that he wears the uniform to cheat members of the public because he was jobless.

“I am not a soldier. I wear the military camouflage to harass and intimidate people and dispossess them of their belongings to survive since I am jobless. I learnt the military tactics when I attended a military secondary school in Akure, Ondo State. I regret my actions,” he allegedly told the police.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/09/09/fake-soldier-batters-man-over-n3k-bribe/

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
Well DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM See eyes

3 Likes

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by deeptesting(m): 9:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
The last time on NL it was a fake military man stealing a NL member Iphone after the Dude sheepishly followed him around town, jumping from one bus to another and Okada, now it is another fake military man beating an innocent man for no good reason..I hope Civilians will not term all military men they see on the road as fake and get beating black, blue and red...

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Rexphobia(m): 10:57pm On Sep 09, 2013
Remind me to comment after my morning devotion

A civilian saluting a military man, thought that was wrong. Abi na Nigerian Army restaurant?

More like a clip from a Nollywood comedy gone wrong... Like dem late Sam Loco, Osofia, Mr ibu scene.

Have you prayed today?

Safe

4 Likes

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by OCTAVO: 11:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
Oho?
Cruelty of the highest order!
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by ManTiger(m): 11:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
Beating an innocent, defenceless female citizen If this is not ETT What will it be?

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by levelszik(m): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
What a collossal damage!

Tinz end time

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Caracta(f): 11:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
Our law enforcement agents cannot be trusted. They can be impersonated. Can you imagine the height of insecurity in this country? Who do we trust? Senators? Politicians? Religious rulers? Royal fathers? Vice Chancellors?

They are just criminals in uniform. Never trust them to secure your lives. To each his own.

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
The Man for mellow and give them Wetin dem want first.. See as dem batter am.

You can later seek for legal actions.

Omo me I am now very careful when it comes to dealing with idiots, I luv my fine face die!!!
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by musaajebor(m): 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
deeptesting: The last time on NL it was a fake military man stealing a NL member Iphone after the Dude sheepishly followed him around town, jumping from one bus to another and Okada, now it is another fake military man beating an innocent man for no good reason..I hope Civilians will not term all military men they see on the road as fake and get beating black, blue and red...
I have a feeling its d same same sojo that harrased the fellow nlander that karma has cut up with.check out out their modus operandi. I mite be wrong though

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by sammy329(m): 11:03pm On Sep 09, 2013
This guy no sharp at all
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by physise(m): 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
nawa o
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by imsuboi(m): 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
he should be battered the same way too

Fo.o.l
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Caracta(f): 11:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
@levelszik:
What a collossal damage!
Tinz end time

ManTiger: Beating an innocent, defenceless female citizen If this is not ETT What will it be?

Rexphobia: Remind me to comment after my morning devotion

See them. See our leaders of tomorrow. Misplaced priorities. Nigeria is gone!

7 Likes

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by kagari: 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
O mehn see face, e b like say fake military man slap dey pass real military man slap. I swear down, dis guy see every every dat day

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Celepope: 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Nigerians are always too scared whenever they hear the word SOLDIER.This matured man couldn't defend himself and went to the extent of allowing these consters to inflict such degree of injury on him.The man must be a coward.Btw Why always Lagos? embarassed embarassed
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by kagari: 11:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
O mehn see face, e b like say fake military man slap dey bad pass real military man slap. I swear down, dis guy see every every dat day
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by bidexolumanish(m): 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
dah,dem enta dis dude no be small,pele shaa nd nxt time don't forget to salute soldier may it be original or fake...dis is 9ja.

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by ajayi147(m): 11:07pm On Sep 09, 2013
Kill dem
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Osama10(m): 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
How do they get these uniforms in the first place?
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by UgooJosh: 11:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
Before reading to the confession point, I had already pescribed all manners of befitting punishment.

The security problem of Nigeria is graduating into a Nightmare.

It is almost as though there are no security agencies anymore.
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by born2boink(m): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
Fake soldiers are everything but problem our government don't care about the citizen, nothing will be done about this.
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Agimor(m): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
This is inhumane and disgusting. this guy must have received the beating of his life all for the sake of earning a living. those perpetrators must been given the rhythm to dance with.
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Danhumprey: 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
What cruelty! All because of a paltry #3,000 naira! This is just heartless. Make sure that impersonator of a soldier pay back dearly.
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Bright2(m): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
Pls bring me one bottle of palmwine,this lazy fool is already speaking in tongue in police custody!
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Stunner1(f): 11:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
Joseph the fake military man is an akure goat....

2 Likes

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by SegunBanjoko: 11:14pm On Sep 09, 2013
Kilode? Na by force ni fake forceman?
Ole, Janduku. Mtcheewwwww!
Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Sagamite(m): 11:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
Following the incident, the police traced the suspect to a beer parlour and arrested one of them. During interrogation, Joseph, the arrested suspect, allegedly confessed to the crime and denied being a military officer.

I hope the interrogation was a traditional Nigerian police interrogation for this bastard.

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Sagamite(m): 11:21pm On Sep 09, 2013
Caracta:
See them. See our leaders of tomorrow. Misplaced priorities. Nigeria is gone!

When I tell una say our education system is churning out fucktards, some of una go say I am too harsh.

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by Big4wig(m): 11:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
kai,see face...ndo

1 Like

Re: Fake Soldier Batters Man Over N3,000 Bribe (PICTURE) by larmu(m): 11:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
Abeg who get motorola charger?
Oh,see d topic sef,make i read am first........
Unh.....
Okay.....
But why now.....
See beating.....
4k.....
6k....
3k again....
It is na wa o.
If i say END TIME TINZ now,i go get ban,so i no go say END TIME TINZ,becos dis kind tin no be END TIME TINZ.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NSCDC Nabs Fake Herbalist & Fraudsters In Osun (photos ) / F-SARS Nabs Three Wanted Kidnap Suspects In Imo / Air Force Arrests Suspects Over Kaduna Attack, One Dead, Two Children Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.