Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,691 members, 7,820,413 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' (14218 Views)

NSCDC Arrests Two With Fake Naira Note (photos) / Seven Youths Gang-rape Trader In Alaba Market / Robbers Kill Traders At Alaba Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 10, 2013
xynerise: That one dey
Hmmm!
Mind telling us how it really happened? tongue
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by 01mcfadden(m): 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
odua boy: When a child errs wrongly,the parents are blamed.
If criminal A is from one particular tribe,same goes for B,C,D,E,F.Then the problem is no longer individualistic but collective,this due to the "UNNECESSARY IMPORTANCE IBOS GENERALLY ATTACH TO MONEY".The get rich or die trying phenomenon that has been hammered into many ibo children HEADS right from childhood,sad but true:>:>:>
i wonda y u faild 2 tel us dat all hausa's ar boko haramist.
Tribalism in Nigeria is borne out of hatred nd jealousy...it is always hard 4 u 2 imagine ibos comin all d way 4rm d land of d risin sun 2 dominat ur economic activities. They also buy lans and build houses in ur land while most of u dt brag abt bein indigenes live in ur inherited lands as tenants. I knw dis is y u ar grieved.
U wl die in ur rage nd anger unles u step up ur hustle nd neglet hatred nd jealousy.
Dnt 4get abt d 2 yorubas dat kild a soldier in u.k earlier dis year,it was all Nigerians,igbos included dat protestd den dat they ar british nd nt Nigerians,wl u also tel me dat all yorubas ar terorist.
Abeg get ur facts ryt nxt tym!
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by back2sender: 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
You IBO people can do anything for money and this is a pointer to it. the way you pple pursue money is despicable. Most crimes involving get rich on time syndrome are committed by IBO people.
Ngwakwe: 1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail
or tribalize threads.

I am yet to know what points the previous posters are trying to convey, can we condemn this criminal act with a strongest possible term.

I am from South East, Nigeria, I have never given or exchanged fake note / currency though I have received loads of them comprising N500 and N1000 denominations through my Sales Reps and cashier that have fallen victim of these fraudsters, yet I have never been tempted to exchange them in any circumstance.

Let's avoid associating this criminal behaviour with any tribe rather a universal vice that should be fought against and discouraged using every possible means, even the vendor according to the article is not from South East.

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by obitwo: 1:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
[b]It's these people again

More than 80% of all crimes in the SW

Less than 10% of Lagos GDP from their commercial activities

Now we can clearly see where the money is coming from since criminal acts like these dont show up in GDP computations

What this means is that there are some criminals in Alaba Market who front behind plamsa TVs to print money and may not make a sale of up to 100k in a month but claim to be millionaires from crimes

The market should be thoroughly scrutinized because I believe for every N1,000 made in sales, another N100,000 is made through crime

The sooner a Baba Oloja is installed, the better, to scrutinize the activities of the miscreants who claim to be electronics dealers

There's one of them in my estate who claims to be into construction but sits at home all day, I've never seen a building pickup or anything like it come to his house, no sign of him practicing the simplest form of building and yet he says he does construction jobs for the FG in Lagos and Abuja

I believe a lot of these guys hide behind the front of car dealer, spare parts dealer, electronics dealer, importer/exporter, oil and gas magnate etc to perpetrate their heinous crimes

[/b]

5 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by UKBobo(m): 1:42pm On Sep 10, 2013
[s]In everything else and in everyway you are proud of Alaba. You cannot define their gain as ibo ingenuity but then run away from their failure as individual criminality. This money laundry syndicate is part of Alaba ingenuity - the much touted igbo industrialization of producing and circulating fake and substandard products.

Your action is even worse than that of a money launderer.
Cover your face in shame
![/s]

The rantings of a demented fool. Take a bow sir! grin

2 Likes

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by PeterKbaba: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
obitwo: [b]It's these people again

More than 80% of all crimes in the SW

Less than 10% of Lagos GDP from their commercial activities

Now we can clearly see where the money is coming from since criminal acts like these dont show up in GDP computations

What this means is that there are some criminals in Alaba Market who front behind plamsa TVs to print money and may not make a sale of up to 100k in a month but claim to be millionaires from crimes

The market should be thoroughly scrutinized because I believe for every N1,000 made in sales, another N100,000 is made through crime

The sooner a Baba Oloja is installed, the better, to scrutinize the activities of the miscreants who claim to be electronics dealers

There's one of them in my estate who claims to be into construction but sits at home all day, I've never seen a building pickup or anything like it come to his house, no sign of him practicing the simplest form of building and yet he says he does construction jobs for the FG in Lagos and Abuja

I believe a lot of these guys hide behind the front of car dealer, spare parts dealer, electronics dealer, importer/exporter, oil and gas magnate etc to perpetrate their heinous crimes

[/b]

THIS IS ONE OF THE REASON LAGOS NEEDS A STATE POLICE.... IF LAGOS HAD A STATE POLICE, I'M SURE PEOPLE WILL FEEL SAFE TO CALL AND REPORT SUCH CASES.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
Gorrbachev:

grin grin grin grin How many Yoruba terrorist have been arrested so far? The generalisation is not a Yoruba thing, its a human thing. let me put it this way, Igbos like the rest of Nigeria commit crimes but Igbos criminals seem to come under the media light because of their regular ingenuity. is it?

If an Uchenna or Chinedu creates a facebook or Microsoft today, you'll see people all over the internet saying things like "My brother doing us proud" " Biafra shall rise again". On social media and youtube, some categorically say this person is Igbo even thou the person being celebrated does not need or want to be associated with Nigeria.

The good one is Igbo/Biafran but the criminal should be Nigerian? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
DJANGOIII na u be dat
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by komek(m): 1:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
haulagehandlers: For your info sir,he is even paying 10% of the said amount

Thank u for educating that poster. Most of them are just on this thread because of free MB and ASUU strike action. They ve got nothing in their brains
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by oduaboy1: 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
01mcfadden:
i wonda y u faild 2 tel us dat all hausa's ar boko haramist.
Tribalism in Nigeria is borne out of hatred nd jealousy...it is always hard 4 u 2 imagine ibos comin all d way 4rm d land of d risin sun 2 dominat ur economic activities. They also buy lans and build houses in ur land while most of u dt brag abt bein indigenes live in ur inherited lands as tenants. I knw dis is y u ar grieved.
U wl die in ur rage nd anger unles u step up ur hustle nd neglet hatred nd jealousy.
Dnt 4get abt d 2 yorubas dat kild a soldier in u.k earlier dis year,it was all Nigerians,igbos included dat protestd den dat they ar british nd nt Nigerians,wl u also tel me dat all yorubas ar terorist.
Abeg get ur facts ryt nxt tym!
MR man this is not 2go so write properly:p:p:p

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by baysol: 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
Tolexander: the N100,000 should better be checked well to avoid being paid in a fake bill.

Alaba market and its piracy. Pirating nigerian bill!

We no tell una say all this 'I be business man my container dey sea na cover up' These peps cannot leave without crime and get rich quick schemes. Mine is lets rush this wicked people out of our midst in south west right now before its too late.

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Hopez456(m): 2:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
Those guys are everywhere, they exchange the fake notes with conductors mostly in the night. After collecting their balance, they alight at the next bus stop to avoid being caught after the conductor might have detected it. I witnessed another same scenario not long ago, the guy boarded the bus at Alaba market, not long he paid the conductor, he detected it immediately and rejected the money. The guy couldn't pay with genuine note. He was eventually droped from the bus. Just be on the look out for them.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Gorrbachev: 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
danjuma_cse: DJANGOIII na u be dat

Nope, Its Mandingo my friend, Mandingo! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by KingsleyJay(m): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2013
baysol:

We no tell una say all this 'I be business man my container dey sea na cover up' These peps cannot leave without crime and get rich quick schemes. Mine is lets rush this wicked people out of our midst in south west right now before its too late.
Hehehehehheehe
U sound so bitter my friend

Ndi Igbo kwenugringringrin
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by KingsleyJay(m): 4:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
odua boy: MR man this is not 2go so write properly[b]:p:p:p[/b]
Clown
Lemme show u how its done tonguetonguetongue

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by MsNas(f): 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
Paretomaster: But ur brodas see every Yoruba as a coward and betrayer, and Hausas as BH, bt d fact is ur kinsmen r criminals from elders to Youth.
A Thousand likes! Its easy and fun to call us Yorubas dirty, betrayers, cowards and all sorts of derogatory words. But hey, the Ibos cannot be touched.....! if you have the guts to insult other tribes then be prepared for your own tribe bashing in the nearest future.
The Ibos crying wolf should fez up, it's your turn to receive the tribal bashing.

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by LordReed(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2013
DVD cassette! LoL!

1 Like

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2013
ALL HAIL THE LAND OF THE RISING SUN

smiley smiley

Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by everyday: 10:37pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ngwakwe: 1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail
or tribalize threads.

I am yet to know what points the previous posters are trying to convey, can we condemn this criminal act with a strongest possible term.

I am from South East, Nigeria, I have never given or exchanged fake note / currency though I have received loads of them comprising N500 and N1000 denominations through my Sales Reps and cashier that have fallen victim of these fraudsters, yet I have never been tempted to exchange them in any circumstance.

Let's avoid associating this criminal behaviour with any tribe rather a universal vice that should be fought against and discouraged using every possible means, even the vendor according to the article is not from South East.
Gbam!
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 11, 2013
mermaid kingdom: What has obi done to u( mayor of lagos)? u are claiming lagosian while u are a tenant in ur state"basterd.if you don't take time i will bane u from this site ewu".take de risk if u have de heart of a lion".we are a hustler that is why we owned 90%of flashi cars and investment in ur lagos"one nigeria"

u r a full
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by dominique(f): 7:47am On Sep 11, 2013
I hope the printers/dealers of this fake currency has been apprehended too. Problems like these are to be nipped at the bud not the tip.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ngwakwe:
You mean that I should stoop so low to generalising and profiling a people for crime of few individuals that are not representative of the people nor prevalent with them but universal.

Every tribe including yours have innumerable bad eggs but what matters is how the immediate community renounces, condemns and punishes such people among them.

Can you cite any reference were Igbo traders anywhere in the world have sided with a criminal who happens to be one of their own?

On the issue of how Igbos in Lagos State decides to organise themselves and live their lives is none of your business.

If you don't mind can you take your obsession about the Igbos in South West to where the sun doesn't shine.

You sound learned. Please ignore the ignorant
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Ephemmm: 8:48am On Apr 23, 2015
Ngwakwe:
1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail
or tribalize threads.

We can't avoid it now, just because this topic hits you wella: however, this is what you have great reputation for tongue tongue tongue

419 na Ibo
Fake drugs na ibo
Importation of ammunitions, na Ibo
Calling for Biafra, na Ibo
Fake drugs, na Ibo
Armed robbery, na Ibo
Fake goods, na Ibo
Fake cloths, na Ibo
Fake CDs, na Ibo
Kidnapping, na Ibo
Piracy, na Ibo
Fake currency, na Ibo
Fake spare parts, na Ibo
Fake computer accessories, na Ibo
We must rule Lagos, na Ibo
Buhari must not deny us, na Ibo

As I always say, every tribes has their own weaknesses and strengths: but 'better than thou attitudes' of Ndigbo are second to none.
Re: 'I Bought Fake Naira Notes From Alaba Market' by Melvess(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2015
That alaba market needs to be shut!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yahoo Boys Caught Taking A Girl For Rituals (explicit Photo) / ₦10.9 Billion Fraud: Court Jails Ex-Finbank MD, Nwosu, Three Others / Benjamin Onwuka Reappears, Remanded In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.