Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” (2544 Views)

2014 MOVIE TRAILERS: List of Top Action, SCI-FI And Superhero Movies / The Day They Came (A Short Sci-fi Film) / Phone Swap By Kunle Afolayan: Hilarious Movie Made With A $500,000 Budget! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” by mrcassanova(m): 8:03am On Sep 10, 2013
It seems the gap between Hollywood & Nollywood may be about to grow a little smaller, courtesy of Fiscon Films, who have produced a short clip of what is probably the first sci-fi production in Nigeria.

Ficson Films was conceived as a business idea in October 2012, as a film production outfit in the bid to produce quality Nigerian movies for Nigerians and the world. The company is a partnership between two young Nigerians with a passion for film making.

http://infolodge.net/blog/blog/2013/09/10/first-ever-sci-fi-movie-made-nigeria-day-came/
Re: The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” by livingstoneony(m): 8:29am On Sep 10, 2013
I WILL LIKE TO SEE IT.
Re: The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 10, 2013
What I hate most about Nigerians is inability to use google before spewing Nonsense. Always laying claims of 'First'.

Abeg we need to cultivate habit of doing atleast a little research. First Sci-fi ko.

And I don watch the Short film sef. Nothing mindblowing tongue(sorry to say).....
Re: The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” by Orikinla(m): 8:17pm On Sep 10, 2013
speedyboi: What I hate most about Nigerians is inability to use google before spewing Nonsense. Always laying claims of 'First'.

Abeg we need to cultivate habit of doing atleast a little research. First Sci-fi ko.

And I don watch the Short film sef. Nothing mindblowing tongue(sorry to say).....

Of course the semi-literate poster does not know the history of Nigerian motion picture and never saw Niyi Akinmolayan's "Kajola" that cost enough to feed the poster's entire village for a whole year. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3A5AoklGV4
Re: The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” by sholay2011(m): 10:14pm On Sep 10, 2013
speedyboi: What I hate most about Nigerians is inability to use google before spewing Nonsense. Always laying claims of 'First'.

And I don watch the Short film sef. Nothing mindblowing tongue(sorry to say)..
I think we also need to cultivate the habit of giving praise where it's due.

Isn't this the same short film that made frontpage and was commended by all and sundry 'cos it was done wiv zero budget? undecided I think that's what makes it 'mind blowing'...at least...in the Nigerian sense.
Re: The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” by VillageBoi(m): 10:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
sholay2011:
I think we also need to cultivate the habit of giving praise where it's due.

Isn't this the same short film that made frontpage and was commended by all and sundry 'cos it was done wiv zero budget? undecided I think that's what makes it 'mind blowing'...at least...in the Nigerian sense.

I beg it isn't mindblowing... let's be real. Also it isn't a 'short' or 'episode something'... it's a VFX test shot - let's call it what it is. That is something I've mentioned to the maker a long time ago as I have followed practically all his posts from the start.
There really is no 'Nigerian sense' of things if we want to get better... It has to stand up to any audience in the world or it's simply no good.

Is the effort commendable? Absolutely yes. They need to keep at it to get better. Problem here is once something goes to the 'front page' many tend to think it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Would I pay for 'that' VFX? Absolutely not... it just isn't up to scratch! Simple truth... there are kids aged 14 that have been making stuff on the same 'zero' budget that is exponentially better. Na Internet age we dey; we do NOT live under rocks.

Hopefully the maker of that work is grounded enough to not let the comments there get to his head and is also sensible enough to know that he's got a helluva long way to go.

1 Like

Re: The First Ever Sci-fi Movie Made In Nigeria; ” The Day They Came” by Briareos(m): 12:20am On Sep 11, 2013

1 Like

(1)

MOVIE: Wrath Of Man (2021) / What Does “eat This Playlist” Mean On Spotify? / Whats Your Pick On The Best Naija Music Video This 2006

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.