Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? (10369 Views)

Has A Beggar Ever Scammed You? Share Your Experiences / Beggar Using A Mobile Phone In Lagos (photos) / A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by J0nyb0y(m): 2:23pm On Sep 10, 2013
I was at Ojota garage waiting for my bus to get filled when a man using crutches [Has one leg] came by, he saw that i was on phone and left.. Minutes later he came again.. I was like 'guy free me, i no get money' and he was like shey na change? I go give you change'. He later left wen i almost got angry... I was later feeling kind of guilty when he left.. So i decided to throw the question to you guys..
Do you feel guilty after refusing to give a begger money?
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Natureboyfk(m): 2:24pm On Sep 10, 2013
Y wld I? Him gv me money mke I hold for am?

7 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by J0nyb0y(m): 2:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
Natureboyfk: Y wld I? Him gv me money mke I hold for am?
LOL
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by greedie1(f): 2:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
No.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by kcreal(f): 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2013
Natureboyfk: Y wld I? Him gv me money mke I hold for am?

cheesy
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Sep 10, 2013
actually i don't, since its my money & i chose to spend it how i want to.
But judging frim the way the begger treated u wit respect - seeing u were on phone, he left & came back wen u were free - u shd have given him something. Not to mention d fact dat he was truly handicapped.

8 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 10, 2013
NOPE... SHOULD I?
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by J0nyb0y(m): 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2013
Justosaus: actually i don't, since its my money & i chose to spend it how i want to.
But judging frim the way the begger treated u wit respect - seeing u were on phone, he left & came back wen u were free - u shd have given him something. Not to mention d fact dat he was truly handicapped.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by J0nyb0y(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2013
Justosaus: actually i don't, since its my money & i chose to spend it how i want to.
dat was what i tought also..
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by J0nyb0y(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
Nonso23: NOPE... SHOULD I?
depends on the type of person you are tho..
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 10, 2013

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Freiburger(m): 8:30am On Sep 11, 2013
I used to, but not untill of recent when i learn't something from a begger. I came across a begger( in his mid 40s) who stood in front of me asking me for a euro.
This is the term he used. ''Hello, how can a grown up man be waking along the street without even a euro in my pocket? do you have just 1€ for me?'' so i felt something, and i quickly checked if i had something in my purse, fortunetely for him, the list i had was 2€ coin, so i handed the coin over to him, he thanked me and we went towards the opposite direction, suddenly, i heard the same man asking another lady with the same term he used when he asked me, so i looked back, the same man, since i wasn't in haste, so i decided to hang around and watch him for about 8-10minutes, i found out that the smart guy has made over 30bucks within that short period of time by asking almost every one he came across. Probably that is his major job.
Greedy beggers like that deserves nothing more that a shun.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by J0nyb0y(m): 1:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
Freiburger: I used to, but not untill of recent when i learn't something from a begger. I came across a begger( in his mid 40s) who stood in front of me asking me for a euro.
This is the term he used. ''Hello, how can a grown up man be waking along the street without even a euro in my pocket? do you have just 1€ for me?'' so i felt something, and i quickly checked if i had something in my purse, fortunetely for him, the list i had was 2€ coin, so i handed the coin over to him, he thanked me and we went towards the opposite direction, suddenly, i heard the same man asking another lady with the same term he used when he asked me, so i looked back, the same man, since i wasn't in haste, so i decided to hang around and watch him for about 8-10minutes, i found out that the smart guy has made over 30bucks within that short period of time by asking almost every one he came across. Probably that is his major job.
Greedy beggers like that deserves nothing more that a shun.
d one i hate most is able body old men/women with no disability begging beside the road... Especially the hausas in Nigeria... #No offence tho

2 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Sep 12, 2013
I only give if my mind tells to give... Just of recent, I was having a chat with a filling station attendant close to my resident & he showed me about a beggar who uses there station as his base had built a block of 4 flats in a suburb of lagos.. All the proceeds he made from begging was channel to this project.. And over 70% of those who give alms are still tenants..
Though that haven't stopped me from giving if I feel like, but if I must give, their are some pre requisites, you must suffer from visible & physical disability, I can't give my hard earned money to someone who has a complete body part

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 12, 2013
J0nyb0y:
d one i hate most is able body old men/women with no disability begging beside the road... Especially the hausas in Nigeria... #No offence tho
you are really on point, those peeps constitute nuisance on the street of lagos, You see them with babies, and they are all in good health without any missing organ... Meaning they are living a normal life and procreating at night... They shouldn't only be deported to their state but jailed & sentenced to perform some community services before been deported..

4 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Standing5(m): 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
Yes!
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
This post has been hidden. Unhide

4 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by moscobabs(m): 4:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
yes...i even felt guity this morning when I saw people given beggars money.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by mactoni91(m): 4:07pm On Sep 12, 2013
POLITICAL MATHSsadMTH419)
Show your workings:
If APGA + CPC + ANPP + ACN = APC and EFCC+ICPC + GEJ+ JEGA = PDP,
(a) Using Pythagoras theorem prove that: PDP = APC.
(ii) Using Almighty Formula where JEGA is constant what is the value of PDP?
(b) If Tinubu/Buhari/Okorocha varies, what is
the coefficient of APC.
(c) If PDP is constant, what is the cube root of rigging
coefficient?
Take pi=3.14

7 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by UNLEASHED(m): 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
A genuine beggar with disability? Yes I feel guilty (Only when I have the money and deliberately refuse to give)
A well trained professional beggar? No I don't

5 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nicepoker(m): 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Guilty my a.s.s
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by highmood(m): 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Sure I do feel guilty just like u. I had an experience like that when I was at sch. A girl on a wheelchair ask me for money and I ignored her. When I go to a distant close to my hotel, my conscience pricked seriously that I had to go back to the girl and give. But I do allow my mind to direct me sha. Because fake blind beggars de oh. cool
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by MrAboki: 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
NO!

Its not like I owe them any money...

But I do feel sorry for the child beggars on the streets[/color].. I dont give them any money simply because I feel like it would encourage them to keep begging, plus I feel like they are being used by a syndicate..

2 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 12, 2013
Not anymore, especially since I heard that they use people's money for jass. So, I they cut face for them
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Krisddon: 4:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
Even when i dn't hv, i used 2 feel damn bad cos i wished 2 help bt culdn't. Now, i do help bt in kind rather dan cash bt even whn it requires cash, i will ask d begger wht he/she wants & probably get it 4 dem if i can. I learnt dis attitude after listenin 2 a certain confession where d confessor said that even d devil disguises in such a way and use the tactics to enslave those that render help bt said if u must help any begger, pray in ur heart b4 doin so cos God listens 2 our hearts. Guess wht?? I once saw a begger on my street @ Idumu, Lagos in d yr 2009. D man was very neatly dressed bt had one of his legs amputated @ sight, i feelt real bad bt was nt having anythin on me so i quickly rushed in & asked my sister for change then she gave ₦50 quickly, i prayed that if d man uses it 4 gud may he get it in hundred folds bt if otherwise, may i never be affected so i gave him d money. Behold after about 15mins my elder sister came in & said that some one ran mad after giving money 2 a begger about six streets away from ours & that really got me wondering if it was the same man i helped. Inconlusion, be careful in all things even when helping people even if they are ur tribe cos things are really happing this end time. May God direct us!

2 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by cdamsel(f): 4:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
Not all d time,i c people who re fit & should b able 2 work 4 their meals,i just over look them & move ahead.

D most annoying ones are women who beg wit their kids,hunger dey catch u bt u get strength dey breed children abi? undecided

Bt when I c d elderly or people with heart breaking deformities I don't hesitate in helping out.

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by bory09(m): 4:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
yes but my encounter with one beggar made me to change my mind. There is a beggar in our neighbourhood which i use to give money usually twenty naira but one day i on friday precisely i think he has made plenty money that day as i give him money that day the next thing i hear na bros sey your level no dey change na only twenty you fit give? And another encounter was when i saw one beggar in my street sitting beside in a food canteen where me the giver dey manage food with one meat the beggar order for quality food with high mountain meat. I was like hey begging na good business o since then nothing like piting

5 Likes

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Oildichotomy(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
I feel guilty probably when I loose the money carelessly to a conductor or a cheat.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Chimoski87(m): 4:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
They only beggars I can't give my #1 are those Hausas/Fulanis who roam d streets especially in Owerri here which I presume to be almajiri. Hw can they be begging cos their ( religion of peace they say) makes it obligatory for them to embark dehumanising venture. Even after giving them money, u will see them d next day with seven children constituting nuisance to public peace.hw those women get pregnant & why can't their husbands take care of them & who is their husbands? I hope such pple don't exist in Lagos otherwise Baje Oni Eke

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Mayany(m): 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
IN ASMUCH AS I LIKE GIVING I DNT FEEL COMFORTABLE GIVING TO BEGGERS MAYB because OF SOME FUNNY STORIES I HAVE HEARD

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by goldfish80(m): 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
I stopped feeling guilty after i saw a "beggar" confess on a church Tv that he and his coleagues collect money from people and take it to their witches coven to intitiate them/tie down their blessings bla bla bla....
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by excellencyabia1: 4:15pm On Sep 12, 2013
you all have made a Very nice contribution but let me add this. the world has a very dangerous place and every body is trying to protect himself. so feeling guilty Is ones business

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Won 500,000 Pounds. Pls Is This Real Or Scam? / Moving Nairaland To The Next Level / My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.