Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? (10383 Views)

Has A Beggar Ever Scammed You? Share Your Experiences / Beggar Using A Mobile Phone In Lagos (photos) / A Corporate Beggar At Ikorodu Road (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
I stopped giving beggars money because it is a job for them and begging is not earning from work. after seeing one nollywood movie of what beggars do with your money, i was totally freaked out so i'd rather give to an orphanage
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by cigaricon(m): 10:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
i used to feel guilty not until this happened to me.
i was goin to the market one day and had just one thousand fifty naira. fifty naira was for bus fare but then i realised it was torn and the driver wouldnt take it so i had to give him the one thousand for him to give me ballance.
There was this old woman a beggar who the change might have attracted her so she started begging but i could have given her sumthing but i had something important to buy. As i made to move on she started saying things like "i dont beleive that a young boy like you could be this stingy and strong hearted" i just ignored her and went my way. Na she dey feed me ni?
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2013
Natureboyfk: Y wld I? Him gv me money mke I hold for am?
lmao! Gbam
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Krisgift(f): 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
onye obi akpo
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Krisgift(f): 10:42pm On Sep 12, 2013
Onye obi akpo!
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
You are feeling guilty because of the way you reacted, not because of you didn't give him anything. Surely this isn't the first time you are refusing to give someone something when you are not Santa.
I would never feel guilty because i did not give money, I rather always feel bad because of the condition they are in and wish I could have the power to change it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Mamacita007(f): 11:17pm On Sep 12, 2013
i always feel guilty becos nobody knows tomorrow
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 2:27am On Sep 13, 2013
No I don't but I give most of the time including to those healthy akatas that always beg for 50cents or dollar bill at corner stores and gas stations. But most of the times I'm more concern about what they do with the money for that reason I don't give to those junky looking ones.

I could remember back in mid winter 2009 my girlfriend bought me one of those Moncler Beaumont Jacket's from Herods, for some of you guys who know it.. They go from £900.00 the jacket was a little big so I decided to go for exchange. On my way down there I saw this homeless old man probably in mid or late 50's shivering on cold I looked down the passenger seat and at my girlfriend and say hey look at that man, we were at the light. She was like aww, I said exactly. She said we should get him some of my old winter jackets that I don't wear nomore maybe later tomorrow and I told her it might be late. I told her that I'm gonna pull over to give him the jack she bought for me, she looked at me, smile and kiss me on the lips and said " it's yours, do whatever you want and hey I love you"

I pulled over to give him the jacket, I even helped him put it ontop of the skanky one he had on . To cut the long story short, a few days later I was driving down the street where he stays and guess what? I saw him wearing the same old skanky flare jacket. I couldn't help but ask him and he was bold enough to tell me he sold it. Since then I see some of the beggars differently.

He probably sold it for like its some piece of rag from goodwill or Salvation Army.

Not all beggars are out there to get money for food. I don't want someone getting cracks with my money.

@op that was a little rude/mean. But oh well it's your money. Rather you ignored him or tell him hey man I'm sorry but I don't have money for you at the moment.

1 Like

Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by VicMore1: 5:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Yes but with what is happening nw,one has to be very careful. D world is evil nw.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Coolie89(m): 5:43am On Sep 13, 2013
I used to fill guilty before but i gats lock up as i dey ibadan,omo if u dey give beggar money for ib na waka u go waka reach house or better still turn fine bara.cheesy
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Gudintent: 6:07am On Sep 13, 2013
I actually feel bad after I've given the money.

Reason?

I worry about that money been spent on drugs or alcohol sad
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by DarryOsh(m): 11:21am On Sep 13, 2013
J0nyb0y: I was at Ojota garage waiting for my bus to get filled when a man using crutches [Has one leg] came by, he saw that i was on phone and left.. Minutes later he came again.. I was like 'guy free me, i no get money' and he was like shey na change? I go give you change'. He later left wen i almost got angry... I was later feeling kind of guilty when he left.. So i decided to throw the question to you guys..
Do you feel guilty after refusing to give a begger money?

I feel guilty when strangers asks me for directions and i just walk on, ignoring them (this happens quite often. people tel me i have that kind of face that says, "are u lost? let me help"wink . Evil things that happen these days have made things so. I would not want to inspect myself every five minutes, fearing "something" has been lost just because i have been speaking with a stranger.

Naturally, i love to help people but then i have to be careful....... Last week, a little girl called to me to help her lift her tray of oranges. God knows i wanted to help. But i ignored her, I just walked on.....I felt bad throughout the whole day...
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 13, 2013
I do. not only road side beggers also when i cant donate for a good cause or give to the church.
I feel worse when i can't help young innocent children or old people. I try to but sometimes we are not ourselves and i feel bad afterwards.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by AnselmA(m): 12:21pm On Sep 13, 2013
no because some just miss use the money . I maybe wrong cause when I give the money is no longer mine as to care about its use but I will feel more guilt if what o give causes ones death.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by AnselmA(m): 12:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
DarryOsh:

I feel guilty when strangers asks me for directions and i just walk on, ignoring them (this happens quite often. people tel me i have that kind of face that says, "are u lost? let me help"wink . Evil things that happen these days have made things so. I would not want to inspect myself every five minutes, fearing "something" has been lost just because i have been speaking with a stranger.

Naturally, i love to help people but then i have to be careful....... Last week, a little girl called to me to help her lift her tray of oranges. God knows i wanted to help. But i ignored her, I just walked on.....I felt bad throughout the whole day...

God knows your heart but it no excuse to help a little girl....pray that God will help. u know when to help so as not to be a victim.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by zeezolino: 1:03pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hmm,I disagree with u mr man,All u may have are been borrowed
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by sarutobie(m): 2:23pm On Sep 13, 2013
They find it hard to give a beggar a paltry change from their pockets..but will be the first to point accusing fingers at preachers and business men saying "he should give the money to the needy"..hypocrites! All of them!
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Mrprudent(m): 2:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
Yes....

And this my hive,no matter the predicament of the begger,provided that i'm having the money,i'll give it out.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
PLSSSSSSSSSSSSS NEVER GIVE TO ANY BERGER. Read this painful experience....... A true life story. My sister on her way to work in d morning saw a woman (a berger) on d paedestrain bridge at ikeja along and decided to give her money becuz her left breast was heavily bandaged n had stains of blood. D berger thanked her n she headed straight to her office. Later in d mid night, she had a dream where she saw someone shaking her window and when she looked properly, she saw d same berger she gav money.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
Continuation, True life story. My sister saw d same berger she gav money to in d morning. D woman told her to stand up frm her bed to come open d door to d main house. She was so surprised n she went towards d door but didnt open d door, only for d berger in d dream to angrily splash some concortion lik stuff on her breast tru d window n she suddenly woke up frm her dream n noticed a very sharp pain onher left breast n was so red in color even aftr a wk, d pain is just unbearable til today.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Sep 13, 2013
Ever since then, she been going frm one hospital til another. Wil prefer to giv my fellow brethen in church who needs money than giv a berger i dont know. This world is truely a wicked place. plssssssssss be wise.
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by J0nyb0y(m): 9:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
Riichgirl4life: Ever since then, she been going frm one hospital til another. Wil prefer to giv my fellow brethen in church who needs money than giv a berger i dont know. This world is truely a wicked place. plssssssssss be wise.
sad story... Buh not all beggers are like dat..
Re: Do You Feel Guilty After Refusing To Give A Beggar Money? by paix(m): 11:36am On Sep 18, 2013
Yes, I feel guilty at times, some times I ask myself 'could that be an angel in disguise? '

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moving Nairaland To The Next Level / PHOTO: Meet The Threebreasted Woman / My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.