Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

How Should Christians Use Social Media? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Should Christians Use Social Media? (5658 Views)

Did White Christians Use The Bible To Justify Slavery / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Can Christians Use Birth Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by larmu(m): 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2013
ITbomb: We should not use the paper because some other people use it to print Playboy Magazine.
It is not what you use but how you use it.
True talk.
If used in d wrong way,it can lead to......
H.....
E.....
N......
D.....
T.....
H....
Y....
M......
E.....
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by destino24(m): 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
don kross: HNMMM NICE ONE BY U

therapy please!!!
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by MAYOWAAK: 3:54pm On Sep 11, 2013
Bisi put on her pants and was fixing her brassiere. “Hope you’re not travelling anytime soon?” she asked. “I missed you like mad. Couldn’t stop thinking of you.” When she didn’t get a response, she turned to face him. “Didn’t you hear what I said?” she asked. Again he didn’t reply, just kept typing on his phone.

From experience, she knew that when he kept quiet like that, he was most likely angry. She couldn’t think what it was that she had done wrong in just five minutes. Or was it something he saw on his phone? She thought. “Zino darling, what is the matter? Why are you quiet?” she walked over to the bed and laid on top of him. He turned his head to the side and kept on looking at his phone.

Now, she suspected that it must have been something she did. “Stop this now… what did I do?” she mewed and kissed him. “You know I’ve missed you so much and you’re already making me feel bad.”

He turned to her, “Why did you come if you were not going to spend the night? I thought you said you missed me? Then why are you running off as if…”

“Ahn-ahn,” she protested. “But that’s not fair. You know that I don’t have sex on Sundays. But even if I wanted to stay, I told you that I’ll be leading praise session tomorrow in church. I need to get prepared. And besides I didn’t even tell my mum that I’ll not come home tonight. I really want to stay but-”

“You’ve not said anything. If you really want to stay, you’ll figure a way. But if you want to go, you’re free,” he turned again to his phone and continued surfing the net on it.

She rolled off him and sat on the edge of the bed. She was clearly in a fix. What should she do? She glanced at him. He didn’t even seem to know or care that she was still in the room. He was ignoring her. She came to a decision. She picked up her own phone and dialled a number.

“Hello mommy… Ek’ale ma… mommy, shey I told you that I’m leading praise worship tomorrow in church? I will be sleeping at my friend’s place this night so I can rehearse… no, I did not even know that I will stay… no, I said-… you will not know her, she’s a new member of the choir… she’s not here, she went out to buy something… ahn-ahn mommy, why should I lie? If I tell you the truth will you beat me?… I was joking o, mommy… yes, I’ll be coming home very early tomorrow so that I’ll pick my dress… no! Don’t bother o! Her place is far, you don’t know it… I said don’t worry… hello- hello- hello mommy, I can’t hear you- hello- the network is bad- hello…” she hurriedly cut the call with a sigh and switched off the phone. Then she turned to him.

“I’ve settled that. Are you okay now? Hmmm…?” she pecked him on the cheek.

He dropped the phone and kissed her, “That’s my girl,” he muttered again and kissed her, unhooking her brassiere from behind.

She giggled. “You bad boy…”

Very early the next morning, she woke up early, and hurriedly washed up and started getting dressed. He was still sleeping. When she was fully dressed, she tapped him to wake him up. “I’m going,” she whispered.

Zino squinted his eye open, “What time is it?”

“5:30” she answered.

“It’s still early, wait a little,” he grabbed her hand and started pulling her down.

She hit his hand playfully and wriggled free, “Don’t even start! I’ll still go home and get prepared. In fact, I’m already late. And are you not tired? Throughout the night and you still want to do!”

He laughed and pointed to his trousers hanging neatly on a hanger. “Check the right pocket.”

She went to the trousers and dug in the pocket. She fished out a full bundle of N 200 notes and a Blackberry Bold 9900 completely identical to his own. She let out a small yelp of excitement and ran to kiss him. But she stopped midway. “I don’t trust you. You will just drag me down” she laughed.

“So not even a thank-you kiss?” he said, laughing.

“When we see, I’ll give you a thank-you kiss. I’ll give you even more,” she winked. “For now, let me go and praise my God. And you better start getting prepared for church, you sinner.” She chuckled and ran excitedly out of the room. “Bye!”

In the cab, on her way home, she updated her Facebook status, “My God is a great God! He is Jehovah Jireh! Always providing. Type amen and click like if you want him to provide for you. He has done it for me this morning. Hallelujah!”

As she absently refreshed the page and saw the ‘likes’ mounting and several of her friends type ‘Amen’ in the comment section, she made a mental note to call her doctor to fix an appointment for this week. The abortion needed to be done quickly. Thank God, she had gotten the money she needed.

Later that morning, as she led the 2000-member church in praise and worship, everyone thought they felt the Holy Spirit minister powerfully through her.

3 Likes

Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by deebrain(m): 3:55pm On Sep 11, 2013
sad

Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by nora544: 4:38pm On Sep 11, 2013
A christian should not lie on social media but i know that this happen always.

I know a woman on facebook she has the family name of her husband and on linkedin she is still with her maiden name.

I want to ask you why, it is very easy because: there is something different between facebook and linkedin

What is the difference between facebook and linkedin.

When you change your name on facebook nobody will see the name you have before.

When you change your name on Linkedin it will be there forever, so that is why some woman still have there maiden name on linkedin because they know there marriage will not last forever, why they should change something, they know they will leave when there husband has payed for there University.

That is how nigerian woman work, when there husband has payed for there University the husband can go because she know she will earn much more, and every woman will tell the hole world how god fearing she is.

That is a real christian woman.
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by dabrake(m): 5:07pm On Sep 11, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Bisi put on her pants and was fixing her brassiere. “Hope you’re not travelling anytime soon?” she asked. “I missed you like mad. Couldn’t stop thinking of you.” When she didn’t get a response, she turned to face him. “Didn’t you hear what I said?” she asked. Again he didn’t reply, just kept typing on his phone.

From experience, she knew that when he kept quiet like that, he was most likely angry. She couldn’t think what it was that she had done wrong in just five minutes. Or was it something he saw on his phone? She thought. “Zino darling, what is the matter? Why are you quiet?” she walked over to the bed and laid on top of him. He turned his head to the side and kept on looking at his phone.

Now, she suspected that it must have been something she did. “Stop this now… what did I do?” she mewed and kissed him. “You know I’ve missed you so much and you’re already making me feel bad.”

He turned to her, “Why did you come if you were not going to spend the night? I thought you said you missed me? Then why are you running off as if…”

“Ahn-ahn,” she protested. “But that’s not fair. You know that I don’t have sex on Sundays. But even if I wanted to stay, I told you that I’ll be leading praise session tomorrow in church. I need to get prepared. And besides I didn’t even tell my mum that I’ll not come home tonight. I really want to stay but-”

“You’ve not said anything. If you really want to stay, you’ll figure a way. But if you want to go, you’re free,” he turned again to his phone and continued surfing the net on it.

She rolled off him and sat on the edge of the bed. She was clearly in a fix. What should she do? She glanced at him. He didn’t even seem to know or care that she was still in the room. He was ignoring her. She came to a decision. She picked up her own phone and dialled a number.

“Hello mommy… Ek’ale ma… mommy, shey I told you that I’m leading praise worship tomorrow in church? I will be sleeping at my friend’s place this night so I can rehearse… no, I did not even know that I will stay… no, I said-… you will not know her, she’s a new member of the choir… she’s not here, she went out to buy something… ahn-ahn mommy, why should I lie? If I tell you the truth will you beat me?… I was joking o, mommy… yes, I’ll be coming home very early tomorrow so that I’ll pick my dress… no! Don’t bother o! Her place is far, you don’t know it… I said don’t worry… hello- hello- hello mommy, I can’t hear you- hello- the network is bad- hello…” she hurriedly cut the call with a sigh and switched off the phone. Then she turned to him.

“I’ve settled that. Are you okay now? Hmmm…?” she pecked him on the cheek.

He dropped the phone and kissed her, “That’s my girl,” he muttered again and kissed her, unhooking her brassiere from behind.

She giggled. “You bad boy…”

Very early the next morning, she woke up early, and hurriedly washed up and started getting dressed. He was still sleeping. When she was fully dressed, she tapped him to wake him up. “I’m going,” she whispered.

Zino squinted his eye open, “What time is it?”

“5:30” she answered.

“It’s still early, wait a little,” he grabbed her hand and started pulling her down.

She hit his hand playfully and wriggled free, “Don’t even start! I’ll still go home and get prepared. In fact, I’m already late. And are you not tired? Throughout the night and you still want to do!”

He laughed and pointed to his trousers hanging neatly on a hanger. “Check the right pocket.”

She went to the trousers and dug in the pocket. She fished out a full bundle of N 200 notes and a Blackberry Bold 9900 completely identical to his own. She let out a small yelp of excitement and ran to kiss him. But she stopped midway. “I don’t trust you. You will just drag me down” she laughed.

“So not even a thank-you kiss?” he said, laughing.

“When we see, I’ll give you a thank-you kiss. I’ll give you even more,” she winked. “For now, let me go and praise my God. And you better start getting prepared for church, you sinner.” She chuckled and ran excitedly out of the room. “Bye!”

In the cab, on her way home, she updated her Facebook status, “My God is a great God! He is Jehovah Jireh! Always providing. Type amen and click like if you want him to provide for you. He has done it for me this morning. Hallelujah!”

As she absently refreshed the page and saw the ‘likes’ mounting and several of her friends type ‘Amen’ in the comment section, she made a mental note to call her doctor to fix an appointment for this week. The abortion needed to be done quickly. Thank God, she had gotten the money she needed.

Later that morning, as she led the 2000-member church in praise and worship, everyone thought they felt the Holy Spirit minister powerfully through her.
Dead on arrival. You have finished them.

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by UyiIredia(m): 5:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
How else, if not wisely ?
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by tpia5: 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2013
why the long story there?

she should continue in her lifestyle until the guy moves on after her multiple abortions, she probably thinks the boyfriend is s.tupid.
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by nenergy(m): 6:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
If Jesus were on earth physically, he will facebook, tweet and 2go God's love to millions smiley
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2013
yuzedo: dey shoud not used it to pinpoint opossite gender for a hot sex. , do not browse mojo (except from 12.47am to 2.53am). social media is not four linking punny if ur name is christian. but christoper, christianus, etc carry go. tenk. smiley
that story on the link in ur signature funny die. XD
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by An0nimus: 8:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Anyi.:
Christians please don't lie, did you actually read that thing completely
I for one didn't.
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by Eklektika(m): 10:25pm On Sep 11, 2013
Anyi.:
Christians please don't lie, did you actually read that thing completely

Yes I did,dude.
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by Oredys(m): 10:28pm On Sep 11, 2013
B-KAZZ:
What i believe is that, christians should embrace moderacy in all things, including social media, nowadays these social medium are actually causing isolation among folks, as some people tend to prefer social media interaction, to real-world interaction,and they gradually tend to withdraw from their family and friends

But as christians, using social media should not be a stumbling block to spirituality, but as a means of propagating the gospel of Christ, and wisdom is principally needed for this, therefore Strike a balance: relate more with people physically, and keep the phones away for a while

"Fear God, and keep His commandments: for this is the whole duty of man"
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by cold(m): 10:53pm On Sep 11, 2013
Lmao @ mayowaak,classic. What should we title that story? Erm..lemme see..'A day in the life of a 'True Christian'..No?

1 Like

Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by EthAn2dsn: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2013
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by Kinzzle: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
teachingoftheword.com
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by Rexyl(m): 8:49pm On Sep 12, 2013
YES Your faithfulness to God is tested and proven based on your relationship with fellow brethren. As you relate with others you have gone the social way. Communication and relationship involves social media for effective execution. Also from Christ‘s command, it is ‘go ye into the world and teach... those believe and baptise them in the name of Father, the Son and Holy Spirit‘‘. First of all you must reach out to them before bringing them to God. No matter any form it comes or being used a social medium is a social medium. They may be available under different names and contain different features, the purpose is to link up with somebody and deliver a message. But the warning is use them the ways that please God, do not corrupt good manner with them. It pleases God when we use all available and legal means to declare His love and intention to others. Your access to the media as a believer is to show that you use them to teach and lead others to doing God‘s will. Jesus calls believers to walk and shine in the light of God so that there wouldn't be room for darkness in what they do, Matthew 5:14-16.
Re: How Should Christians Use Social Media? by donkross1(m): 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
destino24:

therapy please!!!
HMMMM NOT NICE BY U

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos Of Beautiful Christmas Decorations And Lights Made In Nigeria / youtube videos debunking Evolution? / Does TB Joshua Have A School For Drama And Acting ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.