Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) (3170 Views)

Please What natural stuff I can use to achieve a dark hair,am on natural hai / A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike / ♥ Onila's Cool World ♥(Fashion, models, cool Stuff, Fancy stuff, things I like)♥ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:46am On Sep 11, 2013
I'm in kind of a mood today, family....

So I decided to start a thread about my own physical and fashion issues

Pre-threading, my eyebrows look like semi-circles and one is visibly lower than the other. The Indian lady who does my threading tries her best.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:48am On Sep 11, 2013
I can't wear shorts or mini skirts, ever. Every time I wear shorts, they get swallowed in ways I'd rather not describe. Skirts shimmy up my hips with every step so that by the end of the day, my skirt is a scarf around my neck. I see such cute outfits but my hips and behind won't cooperate.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:51am On Sep 11, 2013
I have minor acne that never quite goes away, then occasionally I'll get an ugly flair up on my forehead or chin. It's always one, visible, glaring bump that annoys my for days and then vanishes like nothing happened.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:53am On Sep 11, 2013
I have big feet, so that not only is it hard to find shoes, but the shoes I find are usually painful and cause further foot and ankle problems. Sometimes, I wish I could live life barefoot on the beach.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:55am On Sep 11, 2013
My hair is natural and shoulder length, but after a heat damage disaster it's frazzled, frizzy, and won't act right. I just recently gave up trying to hide it under a wig. My poor hair...It's been through so much.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:57am On Sep 11, 2013
I can only do lips, eyes, and blush. Concealer and foundation are not in my make-up bag or vocabulary. It's sad because I see them do wonders for other people. I didn't actually start wearing make-up until I turned 18, so I'm late I guess...
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by LoveAmaka88(f): 4:02am On Sep 11, 2013
What's the big deal if I don't wear heels to parties? I'm already tall. Guys still talk to me. No one says anything rude, but my friends can't stand for me to not have heels on when we go out. Drives them mad.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by LoveAmaka88(f): 4:04am On Sep 11, 2013
I scar very easily. It sucks. I have battle wounds from just being a normal child running, playing...etc.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by deejay717(f): 5:28am On Sep 11, 2013
Girl keep your head up. I'm sure you are a blessed and beautiful individual and as we all know no one is flawless.... Remember that hun I know your just venting but baby girl things can be much worse. You cant rock the same as the next chick be you and make it work for you. You say you can't wear skirts because they will left up but girl I'm a curvy one myself and still rock my skirts they may not be mini but they are till elegant with a bit of sexy. You can't wear heels? Who cares!!!!! They hurt your feet anyways lol and trust even tall chick rock heels. What I'm trying to say is see the brighter side girly..... Take care
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
Aww... thank Deejay, I was just having a moment. I feel like we all have things we don't like about ourselves.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Allurefunky(f): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
I think u worry too much. I used to worry about these things too, most especially d KELOID SCAR on my chest. No one is flawless, ive accepted that, and im happy.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Allurefunky(f): 9:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
And it seems lyk we av so much in common.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 11, 2013
LoveAmaka88:
I can only do lips, eyes, and blush. Concealer and foundation are not in my make-up bag or vocabulary. It's sad because I see them do wonders for other people. I didn't actually start wearing make-up until I turned 18, so I'm late I guess...

No, you aint late
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by tjskii(f): 9:36am On Sep 12, 2013
:Dsince we're venting,
I hate that my hair is full and long,to me its just a bloody waste of time,I end up intears#true story#,weneva I av to retouch it,even though I'm a big girl,I dey fear to cut d hair,cos my mum said I shudnt even try it(dunno if shez going to spank me at dis my advanced age if I do undecided undecided)

I hate my skincolor,wish I was yellowpawpaw fair instead of d fanta/claylike fair that I am

Wish I had eji(gaptooth and dimples)

Hate that I'm average height,wish my height cud make a statement,either very tall or very short

Hate that I don't av d liver to wear miniskirts and sleeveless tops(dunno y,and no be say I be s.u)
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Ishilove: 1:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
LoveAmaka88:
I have big feet, so that not only is it hard to find shoes, but the shoes I find are usually painful and cause further foot and ankle problems. Sometimes, I wish I could live life barefoot on the beach.
My sister ehn!!! I taya o. Us ladies with big feet have what is called 'daddy leg' embarassed. Sometimes I wonder if those folks who make shoes don't realise that there are women in the world with big feet!! cry angry
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Ishilove: 2:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
Wish I had bigger bums. I would have really loved to rock certain kinds of skirts, like those gypsy and carribbean skirts that were the fashion rage in town some years back. I couldn't wear them because of my pancake butt embarassed

Wish my hair was longer cry

Wish my teeth were whiter embarassed

Wish I was slimmer. angry

*sigh* sad

I wish I wasn't so hairy. I remember back when I was in nursery school, I always felt bad that all my peers had baby smooth skin while Ishi was the only child in the class with hair on her skin angry. In primary one, I stole my daddy's shaving stick and attempted to shave my arms but it was so painful that I stopped half way.

Now at adulthood, I have the option of waxing my legs but I choose not to because once you start waxing, you can't stop. Besides, I don't have the energy to subject my gloriously hairy legs to regular doses of that kind of trauma. grin

*heavy sigh* sad

2 Likes

Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by DzTzl(f): 4:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
i wish i was taller than ds cz its very sad dt my junior ones r taller dn i am, wn takn family pics i stand on my toes......
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by NappilyNigerian(f): 11:38am On Oct 10, 2013
Sometimes I wish I wasn't skinny especially when I can't find my size in a dress I like.

Sometimes I wish I had a tad more hips (not mama Africa size o) just to look more feminine in bodycon skirts.

Sometimes I wish my gap tooth will go away...

I wish my back acne scars would go away completely to a land I've never heard of! Simply fading away is not enough.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Nobody: 12:04pm On Oct 10, 2013
LoveAmaka88:

What's the big deal if I don't wear heels to parties? I'm already tall. Guys still talk to me. No one says anything rude, but my friends can't stand for me to not have heels on when we go out. Drives them mad.
Same for me here but I no dey send any friend, I wear heels whenever I want. Highest if I wear 3" wear 6grin
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 10, 2013
LoveAmaka88:
It can be so annoying when you enter a shop and they tell you they don't have your size....chai! e dey pain me die! And then most times, the smaller sizes are more beautiful than the big ones
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 10, 2013
I wish my stretch marks will vanish forever and ever

I mean, I'm slim (SIZE 6) So I don't get the whole stretch marks thing. I've used some many things to no avail
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by druid06(m): 12:53pm On Oct 10, 2013
mechummy: I wish my stretch marks will vanish forever and ever

I mean, I'm slim (SIZE 6) So I don't get the whole stretch marks thing. I've used some many things to no avail

Shear butter works perfectly on the skin in diminishing stretch marks. You should try it if you can ignore the smell.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2013
druid06:

Shear butter works perfectly on the skin in diminishing stretch marks. You should try it if you can ignore the smell.
I started using it at some point then I got tired

I started missing my cream
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by druid06(m): 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
mechummy: I started using it at some point then I got tired

I started missing my cream

Oh well! Just a helpful thought.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 10, 2013
druid06:

Oh well! Just a helpful thought.
thanks
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by lepasharon(f): 4:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
I wish i wasnt so skinny sad
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Nobody: 4:26am On Oct 13, 2013
I wish I could keep my nails long, I have nice slender fingers but I can't keep my nails because they are light, fragile and break easily.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by deejay717(f): 4:37am On Oct 13, 2013
I wish I was taller.
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by druid06(m): 4:51am On Oct 13, 2013
deejay717: I wish I was taller.

hmm
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by texanomaly(f): 5:12am On Oct 13, 2013
Hmmm...there are a few things I have always disliked about myself.

My feet are not huge, but they are not dainty.

I love my long hair, but it's a pain in my backside.

Speaking of the back... I think it is too big, but apparently that is not an issue here.

I'm heavier than I would like to be, but I'm working on that.

I'm trying to look on the bright side. smiley
Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by SugaryBelle(f): 10:49am On Oct 13, 2013
I hate having a wide waist,wish it was tiny so that my butt will be more pronounced.I hate my big feet,takes ages to find the right shoe and size.

1 Like

Re: Stuff I Don't Like (about Me) by Nobody: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2013
1) Wish I was a little bit taller
2) My skin is very sensitive
3) My bod is somehow I feel skinny @ the top nd very fat @ the bottom
4) I can never have long nails coz I bite them off, even artificial
5) I have constant waist pain ,even if I don't work much so I always have to hve my aboniki balm handy

(1) (2) (Reply)

3D Wears |||| Gown, Polo, Throw Pillow / Boy To Girl Makeup/full Body Transformation Vlog! / Affordable Foot Wears: Decem Flash sales: 10% discount off on every order placed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.