Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike (69667 Views)

Your Lace Fashion Styles / Fashion Styles By The Minutes / 2013 Ankara Fashion Styles And Trend! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
I felt like venting about stuff I don't like in fashion. Feel free to add stuff you don't like or disagree with the stuff I don't like.

1. The killer whale/penguin looking dress that women think is chic. If you are a size 2 you look like a penguin and if you are a size 22 you look like a killer whale. I've never seen it look good on anyone.

1 Like

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2013
2. Crop tops on most people

3 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
3. Oversized shirts are not dresses

2 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
4. Rainbow hair colors on a person who is not a model or "edgy" celebrity. That person is probably making money by looking that way. Most girls are just making people question their judgement.

2 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
5. THIS (see below)

Women spend all our time waxing, shaving, primping, plucking and stuff I won't even describe...then there's this guy making me wonder why I bother

9 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2013
6. Leggings 90% of the time (I'll spare you all an image)

2 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 30, 2013
tight clothing on fat women.....disgusting! the reason why people put on tight clothing is to flaunt their shape.....and i really do not know why fat people do it.

socks with sandals, another calamity!!!!

obvious gorimapa under you weave.....no bueno!!!

8 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 6:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ha! Yes to all of those! Also, people in Boston. I believe Boston is the worst dressed city in the world. I swear they think the rainbow is navy blue, grey, brown, and black.

1 Like

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:18am On Jul 31, 2013
Dandruff on your clothes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:22am On Jul 31, 2013
Harem pants that look like this

3 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Along with socks and sandals, when did it become OK to wear socks are heels?

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:37pm On Jul 31, 2013
Yea, I don't like it.

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:51am On Aug 01, 2013
Make up too light or dark for your face, too much make up generally...

4 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by Nobody: 5:26am On Aug 01, 2013
LoveAmaka88:
Along with socks and sandals, when did it become OK to wear socks are heels?
l love wearing socks with my heels o
Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by Nobody: 5:36am On Aug 01, 2013
LoveAmaka88:
Harem pants that look like this
lol! I saw one woman in my hood,wearing this,I was like jesus! Wtf! shocked

1 Like

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by canchi: 6:46am On Aug 01, 2013
coolSocks and heels very beautiful. Its called fashion. Create ur own style, what comfortable with. Tried a socks n a heel it was lovely. Come see it trending on d island this cold weather.

2 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
Lol, I'll leave the verdict out on socks and heels. Someone post of pic of themselves rocking a cute sock-heel combo and I'll think about changing my mind. I personally think the short socks with the kitten heels is not the business.

@Mayapop laughing at the woman in your neighborhood. Not all harem pants are created equal.

1 Like

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 12:05pm On Aug 01, 2013
While I don't like socks and heels, I do wear stockings and heels when it's cold. BUT stockings with holes and runs is stuff I don't like!

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by Chinwem(f): 7:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
Bridesmaids messing up a great day by wearing what they like....... In this case the shoes

3 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by angelTI(f): 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
most of the pictures are 'funnily hilarious'
Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by uzoo: 12:31am On Aug 02, 2013
i have to give it you LoveAmaka88 ,you just hit the nail on the head for me with your entire list.

will be posting mine soon.

2 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by lepasharon(f): 3:52am On Aug 02, 2013
this:

2 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 8:18am On Aug 02, 2013
Yes, true life on the bridesmaids, that looks a mess. You can give people options, but limit the range. It's not your day so don't talk about you are an individual or you felt like doing your own thing...fall in line!

2 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by HezronLorraine(m): 1:26am On Aug 03, 2013
Stockings on heels,isn't that so america ferrara(ugly betty).who does that?
I wear stockings on my sandals or my walkers at sea-side only.the sand ain't always attractive u know.
Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:38am On Aug 04, 2013
In further news, I can't believe these ever happened

2 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:44am On Aug 04, 2013
The world today

3 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by lepasharon(f): 2:56am On Aug 04, 2013
LoveAmaka88: In further news, I can't believe these ever happened

These are quite comfy tongue...for buying something down the road

1 Like

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 3:39am On Aug 04, 2013
Not those plastic shoes... I'm imagining someone with no pedicure, crusty feet hanging off the back because they are not sized properly scraping down the road in a house dress. Someone post a picture that makes these things look good. I am a nonbeliever. cool

I bet she own 3 pairs of Chinese slippers...

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 11:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
OMG, are you really wearing a sweater, long sleeve shirt, and slacks like it's not 100 degrees? A saw a black guy acting like it was winter time today...He looked like this, but it's so hot outside!

Poor seasonal choices bother me

2 Likes

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 11:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
On a related note, girls that wear these boots with this dress in the summertime... Your calf is sweating, gross!

Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 05, 2013
LoveAmaka88:
3. Oversized shirts are not dresses

I wear like this when I want to be comfortable ,I guess I will have to stop lol

Great topic op !
Re: A Venting Thread For Fashion Styles/Stuff You Dislike by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
lol you don't have to stop, not on my behalf. Put some shorts on tongue

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady With Bizarre Makeup At UNILAG Matriculation (Photo) / Don't Laugh Alone: Please, What Is This Hairstyle Called? (photo) / Man's Oversized Wedding Suit Got Nigerians Talking On Facebook (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.