Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer (1282 Views)

Which Is Preferable Oracle DBA 11G Or CCNA? Pls Help Me Out / Java Or Vb.net Which Is More Marketable / Ccna Or Oracle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by manish105: 5:52am On Sep 11, 2013
I m a B.A graduate n pursuin doeacc A' level
I want to begin my career in IT
so which course is better for me
is it java or Oracle dba either .net
n plz also tell me which course is easily achievable n which has better scope...
m confused between Oracle Dba n java as they are both lookin interestin to me.
if Oracle then Oracle DBA or Oracle developer n if java then full java or core java+Android
plz help me
n right now i need a job also.
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by Google63(m): 7:42am On Sep 11, 2013
Choosing an IT course basically depends on YOU.. No one can actually choose for you. Do you have a previous programming knowledge? Do you want to learn it on your own? Or you intend to study in an institute. If you will be learning java, I'll advise you to learn it on your own by getting ebooks... #my candid opinion#

1 Like

Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by 1forall: 8:21am On Sep 11, 2013
^ Thanks for that comment.

DBA is quite different from software development so the OP can help us to be helpful by telling us why he's considering these 3 areas. OP what are your own thoughts?

As technology is very dynamic, and as you can't plan to be static, you would need to be flexible in your approach to skills development. You could learn Java and then find yourself in an environment that requires some Oracle skill so be ready to learn whatever it takes.

Java however would give the broadest foundation and probably is best to start with.
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by manish105: 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2013
thanx very much for rply Google63
yeah m lookin for institute for guidaince
yes,I hv c,data structure thru c++,object oriented thru java,unix in Doeacc A'level
unix was boring
i hv studied c,data structure thru merely for clearing d exams
basically i hv ten exams in doeacc A'level for completin A'level
c,data structure thru c++,ssad,computer system architecture,dbms,data communication and network techologies,Itt,itwpd,basics of os,shell & unix.
now m explorin for job
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by manish105: 1:44pm On Sep 11, 2013
thaks for rply 1forall
1forall I just wanted to know is java is aachievable task n i need a job in earlier days.
is dis possible wid java
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by 1forall: 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2013
Nothing is impossible pal as long as you know what you want and you're determined to get it.
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by Google63(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
manish105: thaks for rply 1forall
1forall I just wanted to know is java is aachievable task n i need a job in earlier days.
is dis possible wid java
Its very possible based on your previous knowledge on programming. But I won't want you to learn it with the intention of making money with it soon, so as not to be frustrated... Because Java is so wide my brother

1 Like

Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by manish105: 8:12pm On Sep 12, 2013
so Google63 where ur vote goes to java or oracle
n also suggest a job which can be easily available now days
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by Google63(m): 5:10am On Sep 13, 2013
The choice still depends on you, because both are good. But I'll advise Java for you just because it won't give you much hassle to play around with ( because of your previous knowledge on object oriented programming)
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by manish105: 6:09am On Sep 13, 2013
thanx Google63
is this possible to do job with a java
or java needs full time.
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by Google63(m): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2013
manish105: thanx Google63
is this possible to do job with a java
or java needs full time.
you can have a job and learn java alongside... Just get the necessary books and materials and you are good to go
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by manish105: 7:40am On Sep 14, 2013
as I m a b.a graduate which job is easily available for me.
is this only bpo jobs or others options can be.
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by Google63(m): 8:17am On Sep 14, 2013
once you become good in Java, u start devveloping softwares for people and organization.. Thats how you simply make money. No one might even ask for your certificate before they give you jobs
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by manish105: 4:47am On Sep 16, 2013
#Google63 but i need a job frm now onwards.
frm this day in any bpo in any industry.
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by 1forall: 8:49am On Sep 16, 2013
Hi manish you appear very enthusiastic to get a job right away. Since that's what you want then I would suggest you prepare a CV, identify the organizations you wish to work with and start applying to them - that's if you're not doing so already.
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by manish105: 3:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
yeah i hv already prepared a cv and given interview 3-4 bpo for backend process but i hv not selected because of my communication skills and english speakin
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by 1forall: 5:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
Okay well if that's the case then you know the area you should focus on. Find a close friend or family member who can help you conduct do interviews to help sharpen your communication skills and improve your confidence. Also, apply for jobs you're not necessarily interested in just for opportunities to get interview practice ahead of the roles you really want.

I've got to keep it real with you man the key to success in this case is practice, practice, practice!
Re: Java Or Oracle DBA Or Oracle Developer by manish105: 7:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
okk... thanx 1forall
i will try n rest is rest after that don't knw what happen...
i m tryin in bpo which is not of my interest..

(1) (Reply)

Federal Government Internship Programme For Young Graduates And Businesses / Get Certified In Oil And Gas Safety Management From Oshacademy (USA) / HND Mass Communication Seeking Career Advancement.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.