Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,334 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Pls Which Is The Best Computer Laptops Advice Me - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Pls Which Is The Best Computer Laptops Advice Me (726 Views)

14 Best Computer Tricks You Should Know / Computer/laptops Services / Best Computer Antivirus Software? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Which Is The Best Computer Laptops Advice Me by dejo2007(m): 2:40pm On Jun 18, 2008
Hi, fellow nairaland i am a student and i need a laptop for my schooling.
pls kindly advice me on the type i should buy that will suit my studies.
i need that one that it's accessories are common and that gives less problem.
i shall be looking forward to hearing from a good computer guru.
Re: Pls Which Is The Best Computer Laptops Advice Me by LARRYMcCOY(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2008
It depends on your pocket, but if you think you have enough cash then you can go for
DELL XPS with Intel core 2 duo processor it's a lil bit epensive but if you are looking for something affordable and relaibe at the same time you can go for HP 510 with Intel celeron/ Centrino duo core or HP 530 centrino duo core.hope this helps,
Re: Pls Which Is The Best Computer Laptops Advice Me by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 18, 2008
whats your budget?
what are you studying?
how much of a computer enthsiast are you?

laptops range from $500 to $5000

an business executive is likely to opt for an ultra portable laptop with a 14 inch screen - an engineer on the other hand may opt for a mobile worksttion with a 17" screen

how much power/juice you want in your laptop depends on you. i' have all sorts of apps running on my system at any given time, so i want the maximum power i can buy. if u morph into a computer freak, you'll wish you'd configured your laptop with 4gb ram, a 250gb hard drive, an nvidia 8400 gxt card.

anyway, if you answer the above questions we'll take it from there
Re: Pls Which Is The Best Computer Laptops Advice Me by crazylegs(m): 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2008
If you just need it for schooling I'd recommend a Basic Compaq. They are cheaper and reasonably good.
Pentium dual core, 120-160GB Hard Disk and 1-2GB RAM

In the US you could get that for about $500-600. In Nigeria it should be about 100k in Lagos.

If its just for school you'll just be needing something for word processing and other simple stuff. This is more than sufficient.

If you are an archi or engineering student you may need a bit more
Re: Pls Which Is The Best Computer Laptops Advice Me by uspry1(f): 3:09am On Jun 19, 2008
Good basic or small budget laptop for students are (usually student or home laptop):

HP laptop
Acer laptop
Dell laptop
Compaq laptop
Gateway laptop

If you are into graphic, architect, tv-film-video production or engineer student, then buy expensive ones instead of student laptop---that is required very largest hard disk drive 160GB to 320GB and higher CPU processor. (usually home-office/business laptop or entertainment laptop)

You understand three different types of laptop: home, business or entertainment.
Re: Pls Which Is The Best Computer Laptops Advice Me by anibo2(m): 7:38pm On Jun 21, 2008
Go for Dell or Hp.The parts are common and easy to repair,they don't have much problems.

(1) (Reply)

Amarok The worlds Greatest Music player just got Beta / Downloading In Ms Dos Mode / News For Computer Geeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.