Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,508 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra (2944 Views)

NERO Pharmaceutical Constructing Stadium In Anambra (Pics) / Top 5 Most Successful Football Club In Nigeria / Official NPFL Thread. (nigerian Professional Football League) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2013
the inabilty of a professional football club base in anambra state leaves much to be desired for footballing fans.the problem we have is lack of vision for future deveploment in our social development.gabros, anambra united inabilty to achieve such feat should not deter others from seeking the progress of the sport.government have no business running football club.if portsmouth fans could buy the club from being desolate what stops anambra football fans from making the same feat.how can abia have two football club in npfl.it is time to stop enriching the epl to our disadvantage.okija juju,chino,nri priest,odenigbo aroli do something.

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2013
if abia could have 2 clubs in the npfl.goverment should find ways of bringin jaspers united,udoji,gabros
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by MrMac10(m): 8:06am On Sep 25, 2013
My Man its very Bad I remember the days of Gabros Intl Jasper united We need to solve this problem ASAP
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 5:04pm On Sep 28, 2013
[quote
author=Mr Mac-10]My Man its very Bad I remember the days of Gabros Intl
Jasper united We need to solve this problem ASAP[/quote].well man i think the problem is dualfacet.first is it government to own the club or privately owned club.lack of good stadia is a bane in the project.nff vice president mike umeh described the administration as not willing to support the project.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by EzePromoe: 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
Actually we need private investors to take over the clubs entirely.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2013
Eze Promoe: Actually we need private investors to take over the clubs entirely.
of course private investment is the way forward.the issue is how do we encourage them
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2013
if gabros,ikpeazu are waiting for government to take over their respective club is a calamity and fraud in waiting.i would draft a detailed plan on how to achieve the proposal.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by Afam4eva(m): 4:51pm On Oct 16, 2013
First of all we need to start encouraging sporting in Anambra state. Everything mustn't be about business and trading. We need a world class stadium somewhere in Anambra.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 5:14pm On Oct 16, 2013
i thank u for comment.the issue is so pathetic and shameful a situation were all the clubs need handout from government or avenue to sell players to foreign clubs.if we can channel quater of the resources we use in supporting foreign clubs.we can start a trust fund for it just like portsmouth fans football fund.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by isalegan2: 12:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
It's not just Anambra. I don't think Lagos is doing too well with a top-tier professional football team either. I was trying to follow developments about it, but I'm not sure about the survival of the club.

http://bridgefcng.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bridge_Boys_F.C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigerian_Premier_League

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigeria_National_League

Okay, I am guilty of not supporting them as much as I should have. Good thread to follow:
https://www.nairaland.com/1226236/official-npfl-thread-nigerian-professional
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 3:02pm On Oct 18, 2013
we all share the blame for sport underdevelopment.i think the problem is dual facet in nature.the enthuatism to do things that dont have quick return in investment.government medocrity in runing the business for optimal result.lagos have a funny situation when comparism with anambra is analysied.the stadium and infrastructure are there but the zeal to run a private club is lacking.fashola stand on government owned club not practicable is a good commendation.if cod,mfm,brigde boys stop running the club as a business venture were selling of players is paramount then lagos is good to go.anambra situation is pecarlous nd cumbersome.the stadium facility is not top notched apart from neros 10,000 capacity stadium in nanka,rojenny,onitsha mini stadia is a mockery to construction.i think onigbinde master plan is the best for anambra football.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
the believe to succed in harsh situation makes anambra state so unique.we can achieve great things by been united in purpose.supporting football in nigeria is a task demanding.i will like all football followers,fan nd well meaning anambranian be it businessmen\women ,workers nd let chart a way to make a football club with identity nd purpose formed in anambra state.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 8:26pm On Oct 25, 2013
informationng.com/2013/03/there-is-no-football-club-in-nigeria-onigbinde.html.the link is onigbinde plan on how football club could be owned by fan.

1 Like

Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by Ajibel(m): 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sports in general doesnt receive much attention and i think its based on the fact that people's interest are on other things. I could say much about Onitsha, thats where i grew up and from Justice ikpeazu stadium to St. Charles field, there are lots of guys coming to play and even have teams. I think the best that could be done is to let the Govt step in and salvage the situation, sponsor a club from start, manage it to an acceptable standard then market it. Sports is business and i dont think anyone would bring his money to sponsor a club. I wont do such, what is the guarantee of ROI The environment isnt conducive and ikpeazu stadium is close to obi's palace, wtf I suggest when the next gov must have been sworn in, concerned individuals should write a letter and meet with the govt. You'd only be wasting time if you are hoping on private biz/individuals to do sth. !!
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 5:32am On Oct 27, 2013
^^
well ajibel if you are waiting for anambra state government to come and set up and run the club to dat level of going public then 20 years is a childs play then.convectional politics with football club mangement breeds corruption,mismangement.no buisness man will try setting up a club in the country becos of roi.the answer will be the supporter/fan ownership system just like portsmouth nd majority of the clubs in sweden nd turkey.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by Ajibel(m): 7:00am On Oct 27, 2013
I never said "waiting"! I meant "approaching" the govt. You mentioned Fashola earlier about his refusal for the state govt to sponsor a club. How did that happen? He was "approached" by concerned Lagosians who pleaded with him to revive stationary stores. He said he'd rather provide a condusive environment for 'em to bring in sponsors. What did he then do - maintained the teslim stadium, branded the Lagos junior league to attract investors and institutionalised the sports ministry in the state backed by strong support. Those who approached Fash didnt "wait", they made a move. Such cant be said in Anambra. Who has made the move, offered opinions to the table of Obi's govt? It'd have been a diff issue if Obi didnt listen to any proposal. Trying to do it alone without involving govt, well i'd say that 40yrs is a child's play. tongue smiley
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 6:22pm On Nov 08, 2013
Ajibel: I never said "waiting"! I meant "approaching" the govt. You mentioned Fashola earlier about his refusal for the state govt to sponsor a club. How did that happen? He was "approached" by concerned Lagosians who pleaded with him to revive stationary stores. He said he'd rather provide a condusive environment for 'em to bring in sponsors. What did he then do - maintained the teslim stadium, branded the Lagos junior league to attract investors and institutionalised the sports ministry in the state backed by strong support. Those who approached Fash didnt "wait", they made a move. Such cant be said in Anambra. Who has made the move, offered opinions to the table of Obi's govt? It'd have been a diff issue if Obi didnt listen to any proposal. Trying to do it alone without involving govt, well i'd say that 40yrs is a child's play. tongue smiley
.i understand ur point very well in the context of ''approaching'' the government in liasing for such project.i just embark on stadium facility tour in anambra state.my sister the facilities were very appalling.government owning club should not be encouraged.no private investor can invest in a league dat is not commercial viable becos of roi.d only option dat acceptable is fan ownership system.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by Ajibel(m): 4:28am On Nov 12, 2013
I haven't experienced such model of club ownership by fans and I'm skeptical as to whether we have lots of fans so passionate enough to part with their monies to sponsor a club. Maybe with proper enlightenment, some may reason with you buh I'd rather prefer a situation whereby the state floats a football club, nurture and make it attractive, then SELL it and make lots of money out of it. That's what I thought 'd happen to Enyimba, that alreadi has a name, buh no private investor has surprisingly come in to buy or invest heavily in the club. Buh I still see the 'fans' you intend convincing to finance the club as 'private investors', I know the average Igbo biz men ooo, I admire them, and I doubt they'd never ask for profits cuz they'd definitely form the bulk of fan ownership system wink
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by rafindo(m): 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
I understand ur skeptism very well and appreciate ur concern ön the development of football in anambra state and nigeria in general.for government to sell their clubs in nigeria is highly unfeasible venture,becos such are political tools used to show case success.when amaechi put forward the plan to sell dolphins or shark no buyer came or was interested in owning any of club.i believe no strong investor wuld invest in league were al the clubs are government owned except nembe city.fan ownership is not new, portsmouth and many european clubs are fan owned.the problem is how to harness the interest of an average footballing lover 4rm anambra.excepting ur opinion soon.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by tck2000(m): 10:44pm On May 31, 2019
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by OGHENAOGIE(m): 3:34am On Jun 01, 2019
is ifeanyi ubah FC not in anambra...?? what is lack of professional club again...??
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by tck2000(m): 7:46am On Jun 01, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
is ifeanyi ubah FC not in anambra...?? what is lack of professional club again...??
Ask him oh.That was how another one was Saying Lagos need a big club so that they would be the league biggest club and financial cow.Now that Lagos has gotten MFM,what have they done
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:42am On Jun 01, 2019
tck2000:
Ask him oh.That was how another one was Saying Lagos need a big club so that they would be the league biggest club and financial cow.Now that Lagos has gotten MFM,what have they done
Lagos has MFM, stationary stores,gbagada fc etc they want the govt to have a club so some pple can use it to chop money which fashola boldly said no to it... all the govt shd do is provide enabling environment...anambra has infeanyi ubah fc and I know there ll be other clubs so I don't understand this report at all
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by tck2000(m): 12:21pm On Jun 01, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
Lagos has MFM, stationary stores,gbagada fc etc they want the govt to have a club so some pple can use it to chop money which fashola boldly said no to it... all the govt shd do is provide enabling environment...anambra has infeanyi ubah fc and I know there ll be other clubs so I don't understand this report at all
Don't mind him.
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by TangoPredict(f): 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2019
Maybe I should create one, will post update on my site
Re: The Lack Of A Professional Football Club In Anambra by tck2000(m): 11:54am On Jun 25, 2019
TangoPredict:
Maybe I should create one, will post update on my site
Why not post it on Nairaland for we all to read?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Maddie? / 10 Amazing Facts You Didn't Know About Cristiano Ronaldo / Top 10 World Shortest Footballer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.