Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai (27990 Views)

Prophet MKO Tibetan: Saraki Will Be Impeached Before October And Sent To Jail / 7 Things Our Nigerian Pastors Can Learn From Pope Francis / Withdraw Nigeria From International Islamic Bodies - CAN Tells National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Ayo25: 12:52pm On Apr 20, 2016
The Kaduna State Chapter of the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria, on Tuesday, said the over 5,000 pastors in the PFN would rather obey God than obey the proposed preaching bill currently before the state House of Assembly when passed into law.

The state PFN chairman, Prof. Femi Ehinmidu, who spoke at a stakeholders’ roundtable conference in Kaduna, expressed concern on the bill being sponsored by the state government.

Ehinmidu told the state government to be ready to jail the over 5,000 pastors in the state’s PFN if the government believed it could muzzle the citizens to pass the bill into law.

He argued that the bill remained a recipe for crisis in the state when passed into law.

Ehinmidu pointed out that unless the government carried out wider consultations among critical stakeholders, the bill, which he claimed started on a faulty note, was bound to fail.

The Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, has, however, cautioned religious leaders against politicising the bill before the Assembly.

El-Rufai told the stakeholders that the preaching bill he sent to the state Assembly had no intention of banning evangelism in the state but aimed at curbing emerging religious extremism.

Speaking at the Roundtable Forum, organised by a non-governmental organisation, Carefronting Nigeria, with the support of the Canadian High Commission, el-Rufai, who was represented by his Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr. Samuel Aruwan, said the bill was informed by the government’s concern for security of lives and property.

The forum was tagged Kaduna State Religious Preaching Regulation Bill: Intention and Perception.

The governor said the government had no ill feeling towards the views of the Christian Association of Nigeria, the Jama’atul Nasril Islam and other critical stakeholders, who had made genuine positions on the matter.

He added that some people had started politicising the good intention of government to restore peace in the state.

He explained that the bill, when passed into law, would allow the Christian Association of Nigeria and the Jama’atu Nasir Islam to check strange ideological beliefs that were not in tandem with Christianity and Islam.

www.punchng.com/be-ready-to-jail-5000-pastors-pfn-tells-el-rufai/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Amberon11: 1:13pm On Apr 20, 2016
He never sleeps

6 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Nairadays: 1:39pm On Apr 20, 2016
Wipe Kiloshele? Jail 5000; say wetin happen?

Even those that have not evangelised for the past 1 or 2 years are shouting, hmmm only God knows the faithful servants of his.

I know that one of the most potent and effectual forms of evangelism is 1 on 1 conversation and close marking; i mean very effective.

Lemme not say what i don't know; but i know that God can use any means to win souls for himself; El-Rufai might be dancing with a match lighter on a tank farm of gasoline.

18 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by osemoses1234(m): 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
Dis small man don start

8 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by SailorXY: 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hmmmm
Let's see how this ends tho

2 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Dollyak(f): 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
This won't end well.

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by musaajebor(m): 1:40pm On Apr 20, 2016
carry go malam we gat ur back

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by jamesbanjo(m): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
I HATE THIS MAN

angry angry angry

GOD IS WAITING FOR HIM ON D LAST DAY angry

4 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by gerrardomendes(m): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
hmmm
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by matrix199(m): 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
I support the bill.

Even the bible tells us to beware of false prophets and false doctrines. The bill is going to check religious extremism.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by 4nobody4every1: 1:41pm On Apr 20, 2016
cool
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Odunsco01(m): 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hmm..
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by demarc001: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
Hellu Rufire

But all this people sef, na only talk dem sabi talk, at the end nothing dem go do
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by holyokoto(m): 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
Fake Pastors, always finding means to disturb peoples peace. The bill is cute and Fine

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by imepaul(m): 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
El-Rufai shuld stop lying jor!
E use d bill target Christians!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Nobody: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2016
[center][/center] grin
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by bokohaman: 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
I no fit laff ooo, as if u guys would be willing to go to jail if perhaps he decided to take action. abi una no go hire lawyer to fight the case? but wait o wetin dey worry el-rufai sef? .... seems u wanna get your hands burnt anytime sooner for touching the anointed. ..

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by DBossNG(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
Yes oo
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Wadasco(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
I think #kaduna prison still have a vacancy to accommodate that figure or more.
#keep_them _coming

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Funjosh(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
This man called Rufai self tongue
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Nobody: 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
This 2 inches man sef undecided

2 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by olapluto(m): 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
The current generation of Nigerian Christian is an aberration from what christianity should be. If Jesus came into Nigeria today, CAN and PFN will deny him.

11 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by shaddoww: 1:43pm On Apr 20, 2016
The sad thing is, these pastors travel to the countries dat brought these religions to us n dey see hw dey regulate it there but because they know dis one will kill there business they are shouting. I think the best they should do is request for copies of d bill n see anyone they are against, den sit with the government to propose alternatives.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by BabaAlabi: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
El Rufai-- I will kick Christians out of Kaduna the same way I am kicking this football grin. When people mentioned Buhari and APC's Islamization agenda the zombies said it was hogwash. Make una dey enjoy chanji grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Okijajuju1(m): 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
E no hard na..
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by rusep: 1:44pm On Apr 20, 2016
Pastors are protecting their Garri!

2 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by verboten: 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
It's just licensing na. Why are they acting so funny? Don't all the pastoring schools and seminaries issue qualifying certificates? I dunno when a screening process and subsequent verification became anathema to Christianity.

10 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Ekowise(m): 1:45pm On Apr 20, 2016
The end shall tell.
Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Safemode(m): 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
moderation is what the govt should fight for

1 Like

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Onodray(m): 1:46pm On Apr 20, 2016
El-rufai will soon visit d land nebudchadnezzar visited

2 Likes

Re: Be Ready To Jail 5000 Pastors, CAN Tells El-rufai by Mudash(m): 1:47pm On Apr 20, 2016
kanduna prison will contain them, so no fear

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Catholic Church Bans Mbaka From Commenting On Partisan Politics / I Left N600m In PFN Account -oritsejafor / How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.