Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World (20382 Views)

Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa / New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 (2) (3) (4)

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by NellyGhenghen(m): 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2013
tuhh!! these fifa ranking are not legit!! how can colombia be ranked above brazil? which match colombia dey play? who knows any player from colombia? wtf is this?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Krasid(m): 9:18pm On Sep 12, 2013
Nelly Ghenghen: tuhh!! these fifa ranking are not legit!! how can colombia be ranked above brazil? which match colombia dey play? who knows any player from colombia? wtf is this?
Ranking is based on consistency.If i'm not wrong Colombia are 2nd or 3rd in the South-American qualification series and they are on the verge of qualifying for the World cup after so many years.I am not saying they are better than Brazil though, but they have been consistent.And Don't you know who Radamel Falcao is?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Nobody: 9:43pm On Sep 12, 2013
Fifa don smoke weed

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Kelvindwaplord(m): 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by AlyricistLaura: 9:44pm On Sep 12, 2013
Apparently Naija Brothas are Clueless to the Moves and Waves Colombian Internationals Have Been Making Lately.

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
Algeria and Ghana ahead of Nigeria?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by kliq(m): 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
Bullshiit ranking undecided

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Samunique(m): 10:04pm On Sep 12, 2013
Henry praise: How do u expect us to climb up d ladder wen we bask in local championing winning teams like Burkina Fasa, Gabon, SA, Eritrea, wats wrong in playin Germany, Ghana, england n let sum one may be our ludo team beat dis Uruguans for me.
So tell me how many big teams Algeria have beaten that made them to be ahead of us in fifa ranking, since they didn't play in last CAN? To me, fifa computer is sick of high fever,it's malfunctioning, need serious check up. If Algeria can be ahead of us who couldn't win a match in 2012 CAN and did not qualify for last edition, then how come?

It means this ranking is invalid.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by OmerianConsult: 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2013
Great!
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by maafen: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2013
Is this drug rating? WhT tђε̲̣̣̣̥ hell is Columbia doing in tђε̲̣̣̣̥ 5th position?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by faboben10: 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2013
This ranking is like NUC ranking
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by ARico(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2013
Argentina in second position this is rubbish
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2013
Lascivious rankings...Fifa is just racist.
How many of the teams above have won a trophy?

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by akpos4uall(m): 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking Procedure
How are points calculated in
the FIFA/Coca-Cola World
Ranking?
The basic logic of these calculations is simple:
any
team that does well in world football wins
which enable it to climb the world ranking.
A team’s total number of points over a four-
year
period is determined by adding:
· the average number of points gained from
matches during the past 12 months;
and
· the average number of points gained from
matches older than 12 months (depreciates
yearly).
Calculation of points for a single match
The number of points that can be won in a
match
depends on the following factors:
• Was the match won or drawn? (M)
• How important was the match (ranging from
a
friendly match to a FIFA World Cup™ match)?
(I)
• How strong was the opposing team in terms
of
ranking position and the confederation to
which they
belong? (T and C)
These factors are brought together in the
following
formula to ascertain the total number of points
(P).
P = M x I x T x C
The following criteria apply to the calculation
of
Teams gain 3 points for a victory, 1 point for a
draw
and 0 points for a defeat. In a penalty shoot-
out, the
winning team gains 2 points and the losing
team
gains 1 point.
I: Importance of match
Friendly match (including small
competitions): I = 1.0
FIFA World Cup™ qualifier or confederation-
level
qualifier: I = 2.5
Confederation-level final competition or FIFA
Confederations Cup: I = 3.0
FIFA World Cup™ final
competition: I
= 4.0
T: Strength of opposing team
The strength of the opponents is based on the
formula: 200 – the ranking position of the
opponents
As an exception to this formula, the team at
the top
of the ranking is always assigned the value
200 and
the teams ranked 150th and below are
assigned a
minimum value of 50. The ranking position is
taken
from the opponents’ ranking in the most
recently
published FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking.
C: Strength of confederation
When calculating matches between teams
from
different confederations, the mean value of
the
confederations to which the two competing
teams
belong is used. The strength of a
confederation is
calculated on the basis of the number of
victories by
that confederation at the last three FIFA World
Cup™
competitions (see following page). Their
values are
as follows:
UEFA/CONMEBOL 1.00
CONCACAF 0.88
AFC/CAF 0.86 OFC
www.fifa.com/worldranking/procedureandschedule/
menprocedure/index.html

This should help those who keep asking how come some countries are ahead of others.

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Lordave: 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2013
Colombia 5th

Someone tell me this is not FIFA COCAINE rankings
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Lordave: 10:23pm On Sep 12, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Apparently Naija Brothas are Clueless to the Moves and Waves Colombian Internationals Have Been Making Lately.

what have they been making?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by eminikansoso(m): 10:24pm On Sep 12, 2013
teeo: Step by step we would get there. We are accumulating points, It doesn't just happen over night. I believe in the Super Eagles dem sure pass GEJ grin

Get where
are u speaking in tongue
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by akpos4uall(m): 10:26pm On Sep 12, 2013
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Kudanis(m): 10:35pm On Sep 12, 2013
Samunique: So tell me how many big teams Algeria have beaten that made them to be ahead of us in fifa ranking, since they didn't play in last CAN? To me, fifa computer is sick of high fever,it's malfunctioning, need serious check up. If Algeria can be ahead of us who couldn't win a match in 2012 CAN and did not qualify for last edition, then how come?

It means this ranking is invalid.

Please check your record very well, Algeria was at the last AFCON in South Africa. They were in the same group with Ivory Coast which both both team played 2-2. Actually, Algeria was leading in that match before Ivory Coast level up.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Abbey2sam(m): 10:41pm On Sep 12, 2013
Abeg wetin be seeding, seeded?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Emisco1(m): 10:46pm On Sep 12, 2013
akpos4uall: This should help those who keep asking how come some countries are ahead of others.
comon sharap ani body dt read ds post wuld tink u sit dwn nd compose ds.anywa i dnt blame u, i blame operamini 4 providin copy nd paste

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by adsonstone: 10:53pm On Sep 12, 2013
What kinda ranking by (f) IFA is this? I expect Nigeria to have move upwards in both world ranking and not just in africa.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Drclassic(m): 10:54pm On Sep 12, 2013
Despite all the calculation, Colombia can never chance brazil
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by optimusprime2(m): 11:19pm On Sep 12, 2013
Wooooow... USA ranked 13th in world soccer?? Above France & England??
Like did they buy that spot or they earned it??
*SMH*
wonders are basically ending these times...
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by maestro101: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2013
Wah kinda of Ranking is dis sef by FIFA...xpecting Nigeria 2b in top 20..kudos 2belgium for making d top ten..#teamGooner#
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by code0: 12:12am On Sep 13, 2013
In a joyous moment of the virgins, celebrating their 10 years of undisturbed menstruation, I summon the assembly of the Obama King, the High Lesbians and the Illumati. I also command them to dance to the high tune of the assembly gods and the acceptance of the Soul Microchip. Rejoice O People!!!
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by souleymon(m): 12:15am On Sep 13, 2013
panama better than Nigeria

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by scholes23(m): 12:19am On Sep 13, 2013
What baffles me in this ranking is that there are some countries that didn't play half of what Nigeria has been playing and they're even in top 20. Cote d ivore is just. There, nothing spectacular abt them, same with Ghana. Despite our performance before, during and after the nations cup. Even the likes of Panama, Venezuela, Peru and Algeria coming b4 us, a whole African Champions. Chai!!!!! 9ja don suffer. INSULT........ Politics in FIFA.
#GODISWATCHING
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by sweetcheecks(f): 12:37am On Sep 13, 2013
South Africa really needs a miracle currently they stink! cry

But Africa as a whole needs to pull up their socks no African country in the Top ten? Our past best teams Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Zambia have really lost ground. Whats happening? We really need a mind change revolution. Its not only about money but African pride people, this is the one of the only sports we can excell in. cry cry cry

Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Ballon D'or Award 2023: Lionel Messi, Haaland Lead Nominees / Lionel Messi: "My Son Thiago Criticises Me After A Bad Game"