Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,444 members, 7,816,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World (20383 Views)

Latest FIFA Ranking: Nigeria Retains 42nd Position. / Nigeria Ranked 33rd In Global FIFA Rankings, 4th In Africa / New Fifa Ranking: Nigeria Now World Number 15 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by iamdsam: 12:56am On Sep 13, 2013
Ok. Good improvement. Thank God we avoided those teams
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Nobody: 1:20am On Sep 13, 2013
sweetcheecks: South Africa really needs a miracle currently they stink! cry

bafana abafuni sad sad

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by sweetcheecks(f): 1:30am On Sep 13, 2013
nadia_SA: bafana abafuni sad sad

Aah, am tired joe off beating a horse to the river but cannot force it to drink! Bafana Bafunny! Lol!!! cheesy
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by 3ace(m): 1:37am On Sep 13, 2013
The FIFA rankings have always been a source of controversy each time they are released. Not even seasoned football analyst know how they go about it. I really don't know why FIFA has refused to disclose the criteria they use in their rankings. Maybe they don't want anybody questioning their sense of judgement if the criteria are released.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Nobody: 1:56am On Sep 13, 2013
sweetcheecks:

Aah, am tired joe off beating a horse to the river but cannot force it to drink! Bafana Bafunny! Lol!!! cheesy

mzansi cheesy
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by lertee(f): 2:00am On Sep 13, 2013
pat077: hw come countries lyke panama and venezuala ahead of nigeria?
LOL,I was going to ask the same question o,it is not enough that those countries are not well known in the world of football,it is more ridiculing that they are ranked ahead of nigeria.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by ckkris: 2:03am On Sep 13, 2013
CFCfan:

mzansi cheesy
Pls translate.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by spassion: 2:28am On Sep 13, 2013
We shouldn't be worried about the country we would be playing against. What our team should do is be very serious with the first leg. Once they can achieve a good result in the first leg and put up enough for the second leg, then we would be in Brazil.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Festilito: 3:10am On Sep 13, 2013
[quote author=Havilah93]Top 50

1 Spain
2 Argentina
3 Germany
4 Italy
5 Colombia
6 Belgium
7 Uruguay
8 Brazil
9 Netherlands
10 Croatia
11 Portugal
12 Greece
13 USA
14 Switzerland
15 Russia
16 Chile
17 England
18 Bosnia- Herzegovina
19 Côte d'Ivoire
20 Ecuador
21 Mexico
22 Sweden
23 Denmark
24 Ghana
25 France
26 Ukraine
27 Montenegro
28 Algeria
29 Slovenia
30 Hungary
31 Romania
32 Czech Republic
33 Costa Rica
34 Peru
35 Panama
36 Venezuela
36 Nigeria
38 Mali
39 Norway
40 Honduras
41 Paraguay
42 Japan
43 Serbia
44 Cape Verde Islands
45 Albania
46 Tunisia
47 Austria
48 Iran
49 Turkey
50 Egypt [/quot

at all at all na him bad pass
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by dericardos88: 5:51am On Sep 13, 2013
This FIFA ranking thing is absolute nonsense, I keep wondering why some countries like USA and Ghana are still above Nigeria on this list, after winning AFCON and have been relatively consistent for a while.... FIFA free me with your sentiment abeg !

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by greatwaters: 6:32am On Sep 13, 2013
Alyricist★Laura:
Apparently Naija Brothas are Clueless to the Moves and Waves Colombian Internationals Have Been Making Lately.

Maybe you should also explain why Bosnia Herzegovina was ranked above Nigeria. WTF, they are even in the top 20, ranked above all African countries!!! This ranking is poo!!!
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by adekunle4050(m): 7:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Let fifa or whatever they are called show the whole world the standard on which d ranking is based.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Jarus(m): 7:45am On Sep 13, 2013
JMOI: Naija carry go jare, nothing do una. So after Nigeria won the African Cup of Nations countries like Algeria and Ghana are still above us How does FIFA come up with this forgery known as the FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking? Colombia of all teams is at number 5. Oooooo

It is not based on a 5-match tournament (which Nigeria still drew 2 matches in, anyway). It is based on aggregated performance over a number of years (3years, I think).

Before our resurgence late last year, we had poor run, culminating in not qualifying for Nations cup just last year. All of them still counting.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Rossikk(m): 7:58am On Sep 13, 2013
souleymon: panama better than Nigeria
grin
Montenegro too. Worthless ranking.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by wordcat(m): 7:59am On Sep 13, 2013
[quote
author=JMOI]Naija carry go jare, nothing do una. So after Nigeria won
the African Cup of Nations countries like Algeria and Ghana are still
above us How does FIFA come up with this forgery known as the
FIFA/Coca-Cola World Ranking? Colombia of all teams is at number 5.
Oooooo

http://observerreports.com/2013/09/super-eagles-give-nigerians-more-reasons-to-put-our-faith-in-them/[/quote]

Don't tell me dat you're taking this ranking serious,,,
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Rossikk(m): 8:00am On Sep 13, 2013
How the hell is USA at no 13?
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Artlove(m): 8:21am On Sep 13, 2013
E good na, not bad. Next time naija should stop playing draw tooo much. We hv draw more dan ever win.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Adedayo516(m): 8:28am On Sep 13, 2013
Abbycite: I neva believe in dis FiFa ranking stuff.....it has never portray d true standings of d team ranked....

I remember after d 2006 world cup, Nigeria that did not even qualify was at a point ranked 9th in d world.....if not for d sake of seeding, I would have totally ignore dis HOGWASH
Really...Nigeria 9th in the world??....
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Goke7: 9:01am On Sep 13, 2013
sweetcheecks: South Africa really needs a miracle currently they stink! cry

But Africa as a whole needs to pull up their socks no African country in the Top ten? Our past best teams Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Zambia have really lost ground. Whats happening? We really need a mind change revolution. Its not only about money but African pride people, this is the one of the only sports we can excell in. cry cry cry

My brother, in Africa we play soccer in the boardroom for points and in FIFA headquarters in Zurich, also all sorts of silly mind games instead of getting into business on the pitch, this is what is killing our soccer, we are too desperate, we want the easy way out.
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Tonylyte(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2013
;DAnd then the devil said: remove spain and put tahiti as number one in the world
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Goke7: 9:09am On Sep 13, 2013
Belgium is a team to watch out for in the world cup next year, they have a golden generation of players like Hazad, Fellaini, Benteke, Lukaku, Vincent Kompany, Ventorgen [Tottehham] men these guys are the bomb o! watch out
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by einsteine(m): 10:17am On Sep 13, 2013
Fifa rankings are based on performance over the last four years and are based on raw results. Nigeria has drawn quite a number of matches with mediocre countries and our performance in 2010-2012 was very poor.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by akpos4uall(m): 10:23am On Sep 13, 2013
3ace: The FIFA rankings have always been a source of controversy each time they are released. Not even seasoned football analyst know how they go about it. I really don't know why FIFA has refused to disclose the criteria they use in their rankings. Maybe they don't want anybody questioning their sense of judgement if the criteria are released.
adekunle4050: Let fifa or whatever they are called show the whole world the standard on which d ranking is based.

http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/procedureandschedule/menprocedure/index.html
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Artlove(m): 10:23am On Sep 13, 2013
undecided undecided undecided
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by Artlove(m): 10:24am On Sep 13, 2013
Fear undecided undecided undecided
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by adegwurulez(m): 11:06am On Sep 13, 2013
Goke7: Belgium is a team to watch out for in the world cup next year, they have a golden generation of players like Hazad, Fellaini, Benteke, Lukaku, Vincent Kompany, Ventorgen [Tottehham] men these guys are the bomb o! watch out
I swear..
Artlove: Fear undecided undecided undecided
Of what
Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by BankuTilapia: 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
scholes23: What baffles me in this ranking is that there are some countries that didn't play half of what Nigeria has been playing and they're even in top 20. Cote d ivore is just. There, nothing spectacular abt them, same with Ghana. Despite our performance before, during and after the nations cup. Even the likes of Panama, Venezuela, Peru and Algeria coming b4 us, a whole African Champions. Chai!!!!! 9ja don suffer. INSULT........ Politics in FIFA.
#GODISWATCHING

Hang urself if u want. Ghana for lyf

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by BankuTilapia: 12:15pm On Sep 13, 2013
If a shit team like Tahiti can score against mumugeria wot da phuck do u expect. grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by BankuTilapia: 12:20pm On Sep 13, 2013
dericardos88: This FIFA ranking thing is absolute nonsense, I keep wondering why some countries like USA and Ghana are still above Nigeria on this list, after winning AFCON and have been relatively consistent for a while.... FIFA free me with your sentiment abeg !

One tin abt u nigerians r ur utter stupidity, shallow mindedness and very reluctant to learn. For da past four yrs have u perform better than Ghana? U maladroit buffoon. grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Ranking: Nigeria 4th In Africa & 36th In The World by mrrhymes223: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2013
na small small 9ja go come up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech / Ballon D'or Award 2023: Lionel Messi, Haaland Lead Nominees / Lionel Messi: "My Son Thiago Criticises Me After A Bad Game"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.