Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

How To Get French Transit Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Get French Transit Visa (3288 Views)

Do I Need Transit Visa To Morocco? En-route Lagos To Usa. / Do I Need An Airport Transit Visa? / France Cancels Transit Visa For Nigerian Passengers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get French Transit Visa by Shinatu: 7:48am On Jun 19, 2008
I just found out that my trip would be cheaper and more convenient if I went with Airfrance.
I also found out I would have to visit the embassy to obtain the needed transit Visa.

Does anyone know how long it takes? can I appear at the embassy and get it the same day.I do not reside in Lagos and the only way I can appear at the French embassy is when I am about to leave the country.
Re: How To Get French Transit Visa by Rlst84sale(m): 7:59am On Jun 19, 2008
Shinatu

Why not google their website and contact them by email or phone to find out about their procedures?. Good luck
Re: How To Get French Transit Visa by igbonla(m): 8:07am On Jun 19, 2008
My travel agent used to get the transit visa for me so check with a travel agent. Not sure where you are headed but transit visa is no longer required if you are going to North America.

Don't gamble on going to the embassy for the TV when you are about traveling except if you can hang around in Lagos for about 1 week. Full visa takes 12 working days.

It's your call.
Re: How To Get French Transit Visa by Shinatu: 8:56am On Jun 19, 2008
Rlst84sale:

Shinatu

Why not google their website and contact them by email or phone to find out about their procedures?. Good luck

thank you,I have actually sent an enquiry through their site but wanted a response from someone who has actually done it in recent past.

igbonla:

My travel agent used to get the transit visa for me so check with a travel agent. Not sure where you are headed but transit visa is no longer required if you are going to North America.

Don't gamble on going to the embassy for the TV when you are about traveling except if you can hang around in Lagos for about 1 week. Full visa takes 12 working days.

It's your call.

Thanks, I gathered that TV applicants have to physically apply at the embassy, so the Travel agent cannot do it.

I will not be able to hang around Lagos for a week o! what for? na settlement Visa?
Thank you for warning me.
Re: How To Get French Transit Visa by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jun 20, 2008
la vache ou la la .
Re: How To Get French Transit Visa by Shinatu: 8:20am On Jul 07, 2008
I got to speak with the guy responsible for Transit visa at the Airfrance office in Lagos.
He asked me to obtain an appoitment pin from GTB to be used to get an appointment with  the embassy after 24hrs.
To my amazement, at the point of making the appoinment the guy told me he only had an appoinment day for the 7th(5days after my planned date), after I had consistently informed him, of my date of travel everytime I called him and he assured me of getting an apponitment for the 1st.It was at this point that he told me how people have been waiting for 4-3weeks for appointments, for Transit Visa?is Airfrance the only airline in Nigeria?.

I was very upset that I wasted my time pursuing it in the first place, if he had told me all this from the beginning, I would not have bothered.
I had to call my agent immediately not to issue the ticket, I was lucky he had not issued the ticket so I got on another airline as I had to travel on my planned date.

I just thought it would be nice to let you know of my ordeal. If you must travel Airfrance and would need a transit visa, I suggest that you start with that first.
Re: How To Get French Transit Visa by redeve17: 11:53am On Jul 08, 2008
@shinatu
transit visa indeed is very easy.go to airfrance and pay for your ticket and they will give u a date there to alert you about when to go and obtain d visa at their embassy
airfrance office i am talking about is the one on 98, adeola odeku, v/i-sapetro towers.
thats where i get my ticket and transit from,no big deal but d only issue is since they started follow follow on top fingerprint,you might spend d whole day at their embassy

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Make A Decision. / Plane Crash Live At Ikeja / How Much Is Transport Cost From Lagos To Asaba?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.