Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,451 members, 7,819,664 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Help Me Make A Decision. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Help Me Make A Decision. (3287 Views)

Making A Decision On Whether To Leave Or Stay In Nigeria From An Economist Point / Making A Decision To Live In South Africa / Travelling To Calabar? Let Me Make It Stress Free For You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 06, 2013
Hello my fellow Nairalanders,i have this problem at hand right now and i need to make a decision as soon as possible.

I have three admission offers to do my masters from three universities in different countries:-Germany,Austria and Czech republic.

Please i will want you to help me make a decision based on the following criteria:

(i)Visa requirements and conditions.

(ii)Standard of Education in each country.

(iii)Standard of living and level of tolerance to international students.

(iv)And most importantly,availability of part time jobs as i am self sponsored and i will need that to sustain myself.

Thank you so much as you offer solutions.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 8:35am On Jun 06, 2013
Geo-man:
Hello my fellow Nairalanders,i have this problem at hand right now and i need to make a decision as soon as possible.

I have three admission offers to do my masters from three universities in different countries:-Germany,Austria and Czech republic.

Please i will want you to help me make a decision based on the following criteria:

(iv)And most importantly,availability of part time jobs as i am self sponsored and i will need that to sustain myself.

I don't have any info about Czech Republic but Austria is a nice place but, base on what you said in roman figure ii, iii and iv. I will advise you to take the German options. Remember you will need 8000 euro to open German Block account. Good-luck bro.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 1:39am On Jun 07, 2013
Thank you so much bro for your suggestion,i appreciated.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 07, 2013
Geo-man:

Firstly, all these countries are in schengen zone. You didn't specify any financial situation, as far as i know Germany is tuition free but come to think of it, you must have huge money in your blocked account in which if you get it, the visa might be easy for you to get and student job may be easy for you depends on your location, south,west or east.... Austria is a good country based on heard info, they have cheapest tuition schools but the visa processing might be so frustrating because it may take you 4months and above before you could get your visa. Czech republic is also a good country for education,they have low cost of living compare to other western countries, i think it takes 2months to get your visa when you get required documents. All of them have a very good standard of education but i would advice you to go for Germany if you get money for blocked account. Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 07, 2013
Thanks bro,that block account is the only problem i have with Germany right now.I have looked for a sponsor in Germany but no luck,the only option am left with now is Czech republic considering that i don't have much time left for my visa application.The three universities will start almost the same time,ending of September and i am suppose to arrive at least two weeks before the commencement of the program.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2013
Geo-man:
Thanks bro,that block account is the only problem i have with Germany right now.I have looked for a sponsor in Germany but no luck,the only option am left with now is Czech republic considering that i don't have much time left for my visa application.The three universities will start almost the same time,ending of September and i am suppose to arrive at least two weeks before the commencement of the program.
I would have suggested that you should use sponsor letter but i heard that they don't normally issue visa as like you have blocked account. If you can afford Czech republic tuition,i think you should consider it. You still have this month to get everything ready for Czech embassy,atleast, you can still apply for your visa by the ending of this month. All what you need about required documents is boldly written on Czech republic embassy, don't pay any agent because it was written there that no agents can influence the application. Austria is out of it because you cannot meet up with 6months stressful visa application processes. Goodluck and try to make an excellent decision quickly.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2013
I am very grateful bro,i have tried getting a sponsorship letter but all to no avail.Do you know anybody who can help?I have already settled for Czech because i can't afford the block account for Germany.The school in Czech is almost as good as free tuition,just about 30 euros a session.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jun 08, 2013
Geo-man:
I am very grateful bro,i have tried getting a sponsorship letter but all to no avail.Do you know anybody who can help?I have already settled for Czech because i can't afford the block account for Germany.The school in Czech is almost as good as free tuition,just about 30 euros a session.
Honestly i do not know anybody that can help out. Czech republic is also good and almost the same as Germany regarding the tuition fee you mentioned here. Since both countries are schengen, you can later explore the opportunities in Germany as well. Have you translated some of your documents to Czech language for embassy purpose? If not, you need to do quick because you must have atleast 2months ahead the starting date of your programme in order to apply for the visa which i believe you would get with the right documents. Czech is very cheap to live in compare to other western countries. Please keep us updated on this thread. I wish you the very best.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jun 26, 2013
@Geo-man, Have you started your application... When will your studies commence?
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 12:41am On Sep 02, 2013
Demaejy:
Honestly i do not know anybody that can help out. Czech republic is also good and almost the same as Germany regarding the tuition fee you mentioned here. Since both countries are schengen, you can later explore the opportunities in Germany as well. Have you translated some of your documents to Czech language for embassy purpose? If not, you need to do quick because you must have atleast 2months ahead the starting date of your programme in order to apply for the visa which i believe you would get with the right documents. Czech is very cheap to live in compare to other western countries. Please keep us updated on this thread. I wish you the very best.
I am done with all that now and am waiting for their decision.I had my interview on the 19th of July,it wasn't an easy one at all.The exam was an advance GMAT,after that we did a written interview and went for a break before the oral interview.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 02, 2013
Demaejy: @Geo-man, Have you started your application... When will your studies commence?
Yes,am done with that already and my program commences on the 30th of September.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 02, 2013
Geo-man:
Yes,am done with that already and my program commences on the 30th of September.
Wao, advance Gmat exam just for the visa interview? All the same, i wish you good luck in their decision. Thanks for your feedback .
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
This Czech people self,well i don't blame them.A lot of Nigerian use they as a transit country to other European countries like Austria and Germany.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 02, 2013
Demaejy:
Wao, advance Gmat exam just for the visa interview? All the same, i wish you good luck in their decision. Thanks for your feedback .
My brother i tire for those guys honestly.Two Cameroonian guys i had the interview with didn't even make an attempt in the quantitative and spatial mathematics.They only did verbal reasoning and general questions.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Sep 02, 2013
Loveangel: This Czech people self,well i don't blame them.A lot of Nigerian use they as a transit country to other European countries like Austria and Germany.
Yeah,you are right bro.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
Geo-man:
Yeah,you are right bro.
Czech republic is also european country naw...
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 2:28am On Sep 20, 2013
I got my visa yesterday bro,i will be jetting out soon.i will keep you on the know.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 20, 2013
Geo-man:
I got my visa yesterday bro,i will be jetting out soon.i will keep you on the know.
Congratulations!!! Wish u the best in ur academic pursuit...
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 20, 2013
Thank you my brother,God bless you!
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
Geo-man:
Thank you my brother,God bless you!
Aamin ... God bless u too...Thanks. Please don't abandon this thread in order for you to assist others. Save journey ahead bro.

1 Like

Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 20, 2013
Demaejy:
Aamin ... God bless u too...Thanks. Please don't abandon this thread in order for you to assist others. Save journey ahead bro.
Any time, Any day.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by billydragon: 2:35pm On Nov 03, 2013
@geoman,pls do dey request 4 english proficiency certificate I.e toefl or Ielts for masters student in czech republic?
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 03, 2013
billydragon: @geoman,pls do dey request 4 english proficiency certificate I.e toefl or Ielts for masters student in czech republic?
No they don't but in some courses you will have to take an entrance exams.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by borie4u(m): 12:03am On Nov 04, 2013
Geoman i assume you must be a geology graduate. I am looking for a good school for my PHD in Exploration Geophysics which is a sister course to Geology.Let me know if Czech is an option and how much is the tution. I also want to know chances of a GA (graduate Assistant). U said there is no need for TOEFL and GRE.Infact send me information like someone who is just starting college degree on how to go about the visa.Thanks
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 2:02am On Nov 04, 2013
borie4u: Geoman i assume you must be a geology graduate. I am looking for a good school for my PHD in Exploration Geophysics which is a sister course to Geology.Let me know if Czech is an option and how much is the tution. I also want to know chances of a GA (graduate Assistant). U said there is no need for TOEFL and GRE.Infact send me information like someone who is just starting college degree on how to go about the visa.Thanks
PhD in Czech republic is always very expensive unless you have a scholarship.Nevertheless,i found one in Germany with no specific fee and another one in Austria which is about 760 euros per year for three years.here is the link so that you can explore it yourself www.tugraz.at/

I think this might also help you http://www.scholarshipportal.eu/students/browse/scholarship/586/scholarships-for-students-and-doctoral-candidates.html#tab:contact

Good luck bro.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by billydragon: 12:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
Geo-man:
No they don't but in some courses you will have to take an entrance exams.
aiit bro...tanx a lot...
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by yemmyma: 3:26pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hey Kingmaker Justwise,

I made an honest post yesterday about meeting this guy in Czech. But to my surprise, it was deleted. I would guess that was your hand work. Why did a post like that get deleted. So i can't go to Czech to meet a Nigerian anymore?

Could you please explain because i won't want to say something that would hit your person in a wrong way?

thanks.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by justwise(m): 12:14pm On Nov 07, 2013
yemmy_ma: Hey Kingmaker Justwise,

I made an honest post yesterday about meeting this guy in Czech. But to my surprise, it was deleted. I would guess that was your hand work. Why did a post like that get deleted. So i can't go to Czech to meet a Nigerian anymore?

Could you please explain because i won't want to say something that would hit your person in a wrong way?

thanks.

Go ahead with that.
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by yemmyma: 1:08pm On Nov 07, 2013
justwise:

Go ahead with that.

Another arrogant post from you. I have written something very modest for you to provide an answer to, instead you chose to ignore that and follow the aggressive path. You do not appear to be benign enough to be doing this job.

Anyways, i still maintain my original post which is, is it a problem to try hooking up with a Nigerian in a foreign country via Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by billydragon: 12:19am On Jan 05, 2014
@geoman,pls did u certify ur credentials b4 sending it for application process
to the school of ur choice?if so,pls hw did u go abt dem?am abt applyin 4 ma masters programme and I don't knw if I should certify my credential b4 sendin dem to d school or not?
Re: Help Me Make A Decision. by Nobody: 12:24am On Jan 05, 2014
billydragon: @geoman,pls did u certify ur credentials b4 sending it for application process
to the school of ur choice?if so,pls hw did u go abt dem?am abt applyin 4 ma masters programme and I don't knw if I should certify my credential b4 sendin dem to d school or not?
I did not certify my documents when i made my application. I only certified them when i went for my visa interview. Which school are you making your application to ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians In Chile Or Latin America, Gather Below / How To Get French Transit Visa / Plane Crash Live At Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.