Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,103 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! (9608 Views)

I Was Thrown Out Over Hnd And Bsc "Wahala" / Nigeria Immigration Service Recruiting For 2013/2014 - How True? / Nigeria Civil Defence Corps, Immigration, SSS 2012/2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 6:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
For assistant supritendent, the condition is very clear.

''A bachelors degree from a nigerian university'' if you apply with HND for this post,it is automatic disqualification.i have been in the business of applications for long.beware

for assistant inspector,

''National Diploma'' is required.
A statement was written that if you apply with a lower certificate,the organization will not recognise the higher one.

So HND guys,if you apply with ND,then your HND cert becomes useless to them

apprently,no position was advertised for HND.

Instead of applying anyhow,HND guys shuld raise this issue so that the appropriate authority will clear the air.dont waste your money.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 7:09am On Sep 13, 2013
HND guys should raise this issue until the authorities concern are aware of it.

If they dont want HND in Nigeria,then it should be scraped.

1 Like

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by mkoabiola: 9:06am On Sep 13, 2013
It is very frustrating,
Discrimination in all secrors of d economy.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by lukaino(m): 12:31pm On Sep 13, 2013
still early in the day, go get direct entry form and go for your Bsc. This is the best advice considering the current Nigerian situation. I have Upper credit(HND) and an MBA but i am pursuing my Bsc currently. Smh for this Country
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Aroworowon: 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
What makes bsc better than hnd in nigeria considering d atitude of our lecturers, who preffer to run a part time job in and out of the country.let stop using paper qualifications; let every body be tested on a level playing ground.

2 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 7:24pm On Sep 13, 2013
This is the first time a government parastatal will advertised without the inclusion of positions for HND.

If nothing is done about this new trend,i see others following suite.

It is a matter of time.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by mkoabiola: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2013
lukaino: still early in the day, go get direct entry form and go for your Bsc. This is the best advice considering the current Nigerian situation. I have Upper credit(HND) and an MBA but i am pursuing my Bsc currently. Smh for this Country
Pls!what sku dd u attended for ur PGD programme?
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by DeanOlamide(m): 2:26am On Sep 14, 2013
lukaino: still early in the day, go get direct entry form and go for your Bsc. This is the best advice considering the current Nigerian situation. I have Upper credit(HND) and an MBA but i am pursuing my Bsc currently. Smh for this Country

Dt awkward moment when u graduate with HND and Haaving Ur MBA and sametime running Ur BSC? SMH for u... Who u wan impress... Where did u drop ur PGD before u get. Ur MBA.....

Just Question +++o++++++

1 Like

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 12:20pm On Sep 14, 2013
This shuld not generate argument.we shuld put heads together and alert the immigration authority.pehaps it is just an omision..........but as it stands,any HND graduates dat apply just wasted his/her time and money.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Belloladan(m): 2:25pm On Sep 14, 2013
Sincerely, i don't think this' is the right thing to do. We're already losing the battle if we can't fight from a common front. I think this is more of general issue that can be addressed in an execative meeting with all concerned. Unless if such has been done and yield possitive result
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Sep 14, 2013
Bello ladan: Pls. HND guz [/b]wake-up this is tedious i cant imagine that anyone [b]can think that a Bsc holder can do better then the HND holder sincerely, i don't think this' is the right thing to do. We're already losing the battle if we can't fight from a common front. I think this is more of general issue that can be addressed in an execative meeting with all concerned. Unless if such has been done and yield possitive result

From your use of English words or rather grammatical constructions (gymnastics)am sure you can rate your HND qualification.
Given the OP's grammatical blunders...employing an HND holder has to be taken with a pinch of salt....though may not be entirely true.
Guys frame your cases in such a manner, employing English words in such a way that it will be evident that you actually saw the four walls of an higher institution!

3 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 5:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
smartchoice:

From your use of English words or rather grammatical constructions (gymnastics)am sure you can rate your HND qualification.
Given the OP's grammatical blunders...employing an HND holder has to be taken with a pinch of salt....though may not be entirely true.
Guys frame your cases in such a manner, employing English words in such a way that it will be evident that you actually saw the four walls of an higher institution!

who is this guy?
Am sure i have heard the so called Bsc holders speak and write.anybody can make mistakes especially when typing.

This thread is not meant for this rubbish you wrote.

Your reasoning level is so low that you think english blunders are the reasons why there is discrimination against HND.if you are a Bsc holder,then i pity the school that gave you the certificate (your intelligence quotient is too low.you dont even know how to argue logically).

No hard feelings.

''guys frame your case'' who taught you this?

''An higher institution'' you dont even know the rules that guide the use of 'a', and 'an'.

Like i said,you are a disgrace to that skul of yours.

5 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 7:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
Guys,how do we communicate with the ministry of interior?

This is a government recruitment,leaving HND graduates out of it is just not right.

The last time i checked,HND is still a valid certificate.if they dont want it,the govt shuld scrap the program.

HND guys,it is time to talk,it is time to protest!!!!!

Rise! Rise!! Rise!!! The time is now!!!!!!!!!!!

Other govt agencies will do the same if we dont speak out!!!

2 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 7:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
Guys,how do we communicate with the ministry of interior?

This is government recruitment,leaving HND graduates out of it is just not right.

The last time i checked,HND is still a valid certificate.if they dont want it,the govt shuld scrap the program.

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Gratia(f): 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
The topic says (HND Anddd The Rescent Immgration) "AND was spelt anddd, RECENT was spelt rescent"
Well I cannot categorically know BSC and HND which is better,because I may say one thing now and my HND/Bsc holders may say another thing *LIPSSEALED*
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Nobody: 8:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
Yet he claims to be a "graduate".....

Gratia: The topic says (HND Anddd The Rescent Immgration) "AND was spelt anddd, RECENT was spelt rescent"
Well I cannot categorically know BSC and HND which is better,because I may say one thing now and my HND/Bsc holders may say another thing *LIPSSEALED*

1 Like

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 14, 2013
Delusional! Punctuation mark usage is contained in the "Brighter Grammar" English textbook which you obviously need and not a quarrel with the FGN . . .mind you I just ignored your usage of "shuld" instead of should. wink
Originakalokalo: Guys,how do we communicate with the ministry of interior?

This is government recruitment,leaving HND graduates out of it is just not right.

1 Like

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by samilo88(m): 8:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
I knew it would eventually come to this; Bsc Vs Hnd e-war.. *grabs a bowl of garri with a bottle of groundnut* Abeg madam give me 2 pure water while I watch the drama unfold..

2 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 9:03pm On Sep 14, 2013
smartchoice: Yet he claims to be a "graduate".....

If you are not smart enough to know that 'andd' and 'rescent' are typing error, then i am so sorry for you.

This thread is not meant for the rubbish i am seeing here.

If you have nothing reasonable to say,pls leave.

Bsc 3rd class, and 2.2 graduates are the ones causing this problem.

As for smart choice,i am thru with him.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
tongue First fight your incompetency as a "graduate" instead of attempting to raise hell over what is beyond you! tongue

mind you am neither against HND as a degree nor denigrating the holders of the certificate! I respect every man's hustle....but OP take good care of yourself indoors lest you're disgraced publicly!

Originakalokalo:

If you are not smart enough to know that 'andd' and 'rescent' are typing error, then i am so sorry for you.

This thread is not meant for the rubbish i am seeing here.

If you have nothing reasonable to say,pls leave.

Bsc 3rd class, and 2.2 graduates are the ones causing this problem.

As for smart choice,i am thru with him.

2 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 10:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Smartchoice is either a 3rd class graduate or 2.2 graduate.

I dont need to trade words with him.

This is the first time a govt parastatal will advertise and exclude HND grads.discrimination is evrywhere in private firms,now this one.

Where are we going in this country?
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Nobody: 10:38pm On Sep 14, 2013
Punctuation marks again! undecided undecided
walks out of thread.
Originakalokalo: Smartchoice is either a 3rd class graduate or 2.2 graduate.

I dont need to trade words with him.

This is the first time a govt parastatal will advertise and exclude HND grads.discrimination is evrywhere in private firms,now this one.

Where are we going in this country?
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Flooerin(m): 10:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
Permit me 2 say bear my mind on the inconsistencies amongst youths in the name of paper certificate. The destruction of nigeria's educational system over the years have made a mess of our reasoning to the fact that graduates(uneducated&illiterates)judge each other based on grammar and what not. The immigration service did not include HND in it's recruitment is due the fact that on civil service scale, HND graduates entry level is 7 and they advertised for 8. The discrimination had been there a long time and the last I hear HND graduates don't raise above grade level 11 or 12. I can't remember specifically but they are not allowed to become directors in their department. So guys quit being righteous and act like schooled people. For the record, am an HND holder.

2 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 10:56pm On Sep 14, 2013
smartchoice: Punctuation marks again! undecided undecided

smartchoice: Punctuation marks again! undecided undecided

someone who wrote ''an higher institution'', and '' an HND'' is talking about punctuation marks.

Someone shuld tell this half-baked graduate to leave this thread. I want sensible posts to filter in.

2 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by ejiykzazi2007(m): 11:11pm On Sep 14, 2013
Dis shudnt rise alarm, it cud b an act of omission. We shud know HND can apply too, its just d different of dia levels wen finally taken. Altho in some areas, HND holders do have upper hands, check ICSL nd see how many HND holders dey recruit for banks on daily basis while BSc holders are not even given attention.

But I steongly blive HND shud apply under the post for BSc, hope dis helps....
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Abbey2sam(m): 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2013
smartchoice:

You must be drunk to have said that about HND holder...............
As far as I'm concern HND and Bsc is equal....

The problem we have in nigeria is that the same youth that suppose to fight for his fellow nigeria student will also join in discriminating HND, all for pride, all for I'm above you.....

The most successful people today are drop out the richest men today have no Bsc

You need to recoil your brain
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by SilaV: 9:05am On Sep 15, 2013
This may not be the best time to start debating.The Original Poster of this thread has the intention of creating some sorts of awareness as regards the omission of HND holders in the advertised positions of Nigerian Immigration Service,a Federal Government agency,under the ministry of interior.Of course,there might be some few errors during the course of typing or otherwise;that is not enough reason for us to derail the thread.We are the leaders of tomorrow and need to display some attributes of a good leader.
Again,on the issue of disparity between HND and B.SC certificates,the functions of the two certificates are different and have been clearly spelt out by the certificate awarding bodies.Even, the various personnel and at times,facilities,available for the award of the two certificates should serve as a pointer towards the functions they are to perform.The Federal Ministries have different starting scales and rising limits for the two certificates under discussion.In the field of Engineering,where I belong,we have the Engineering Family:the Craftsman,the Technician,Technologist and Engineers are given different titles based on their qualifications.The Engineers are the head of the Engineering family and he is a B.Sc/B.Eng/B.Tech holder.The polytechnic system is aimed at producing middle level manpower,though it may be painful.Some countries arround the world have either upgraded their polytechnics/monotechnics or scraped them in order to avoid the mess Nigeria is facing today.
I am proudly a holder of HND in Electrical-Electronics Engineering and God has always been faithful.Truth be told,there is nothing one can do, for now, in Nigeria to stop this 'HND-B.Sc' dichotomy.The best move to stop this disparity was made by Chief Olusegun Obasanjo during the twilight of his administration but could not complete the project due to time factor.Of course, I am about concluding my B.Eng(Elect-Elect) in order to avoid all these 'artificial' limitation and obstacles being placed on HND certificate.I can say that I am doing well despite the fact that I am running a full time programme and also a permanent employee of a multinational;this is to say that university education has been over-amplified.
@Kalokalo, I have a lot of respect for you,though you may not know who I am.We used to be in the 'struggle' for NNPC job together and as at present,still dreaming of having a spot with NLNG.Just make your point clear and stop further argument.We are all lifted and happy Lord'sday to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by XPresie: 9:06am On Sep 15, 2013
HONESTLY, ONE NEED TO BE VERY SLOW AND CLEVER AT ATTACKING, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR ARSENAL IS FULL OF FOOTBALL INSTEAD OF AMMUNITION.......
Imaging people carelessly pointing fingers at some very minor spelling issue as against the important matter. And the worst, they're worsening things with their worse state of knowledge. Mttchwwwwwww....

@OP,
1. D discrimination is too old n widely spread dat it's For Real not going to work dis ur way. Imaging if u see someone starting a fight against 'corruption' just like u mean now; a joke, a play, an illusion or what do u call dat? We all know d FACT abt Bachelor/Diploma dichotomy irrespective of which one we hold or not. Forget abt some Morons displaying their stuffs here, holding a B.A, Bsc, B.T, HND or whatever the name here in Nigeria is only a matter of Destiny OR Luck OR Fortune AND NOTHING OF COMPETENCE. Even at a notable rate, the Grades do not match with the Carriers. We all know it and there is nothing or little (if any) we can do... ..Datz where we find ourselves.
2. U may risk applying for the Graduate position (4Bsc) OR u apply 4d ND position while u still include ur HND record in d forms filling..... my opinion on dis application procss
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Originakalokalo(m): 12:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Good points.Normalcy has returned to the thread.

I did not start the thread to protest against the discrimination.i started it in order to alert the authorities concerning the ommision.

Soon,i will round up my masters program in engineering,and after that,i will commence a PHD program.

I am not limited by the disparity,i am only trying to stop the trend from repeating itself.
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by XPresie: 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2013
Gd 4u, n wsh u d bst of all....
I jst dnt tink its abt omission, but what/who dey need in d service. Note dat d positions advtsd r jst 3 out of d many...
Re: HND And The Recent Immigration.....a Must Read!!! by Benissues(m): 2:41pm On Sep 15, 2013
I guess dis nt d time 2 argue!!...as d way forward is wat is required at dis time!!!....I feel d pain of my HND holders!!...thoe am a Bsc holder!!...a close pal of mine wit HND!!...ve 2 enrol 4 anoda 18mnths programme in a state University....2 get BSc!!!...anyway God will help Us all!
NB:..@Op...we all knw it was a mistake!!...bt jst try n edit d topic!!...incase it makes FP...my 2cents!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG And C-STEMP To Train 370,000 Artisans In 2016 / Arik Air Limited Is Currently Recruiting. / Is this fair on a job applicant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.