Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth (26235 Views)

5 Foods That Helps In Increasing Sperm Count. / REVEALED: Foods That Damage The Skin / Foods That Increase Your Chances Of Having Twins (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by 3ace(m): 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
I was almost posting out of anger until I saw this;
just be sure to rinse your
mouth with water or mouthwash shortly
after.
Thank God there's a cheap solution for all those foods you posted up there. Safe journey!
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by ayobase(m): 7:46pm On Sep 16, 2013
Krasid: Most people know candy and other sugary foods wreak havoc on their teeth,but how about fruit?

You've probably heard brushing and flossing twice a day is the best way to keep your teeth healthy.But some foods cause enough damage to warrant extra cleanings.

1. Apples
Apples are high in acid, are surprisingly hard on your enamel.While a daily apple may keep the doctor away, the acid might keep your dentist on speed dial.Eating apples is fine, just be sure to rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash shortly after.

2. Hard candies
Though you probably know the sugar in candy is a problem, hard candies are especially harmful because we tend to hold them in our mouths longer.Also be aware that cough drops are often made with sugar, so opt for the sugar-free brand if available.

3. Pickled vegetables
Pickles are made with vinegar, which is acidic, and often sugar as well. While the vegetables are healthy, the brine is can damage your teeth.Drinking water with
your meal helps wash away acids and sugar, but remember to brush an hour later.

4. Bread
Many breads contain sugar-especially processed white breads. It's best to check the labels for any added sweeteners that will breed mouth bacteria.Bread is also sticky and gets between and behind your teeth.

5. Popcorn
Popcorn is notorious for getting stuck in your teeth, and the areas between your teeth will cultivate more bacteria for that reason. It's okay to treat yourself to a bag of popcorn as long as you rinse with water and remember to floss and brush after.

6. Peanut butter
Sticky and often made with sugar, peanut butter not only feeds bacteria but makes it easier for them to adhere to teeth.Look for natural peanut butters with no added sugars to lessen the problem.

7. Jelly
Along with peanut butter, jelly or jam is loaded with sugar and quite sticky.Even the all-fruit brands contain natural sugars and encourage plaque and bacteria if not washed away soon.

8. Meat
Meat tends to get stuck between your teeth, and some meat products contain sugar as a preservative.While the amount may not be very high, any food that sits between your teeth can promote tooth decay.Try chewing sugar-less gum after eating if you can't brush right away.

9. Diet soda
Just because it doesn't have sugar doesn't mean your teeth are safe. The acidity of diet sodas is still extremely high, making it one of the worst products for your teeth.

10. Salad dressing
More of a condiment than a food, salad dressings use vinegar and sugar for flavor.Salads should be a staple in anyone's diet, but be careful of the dressings that can harm your smile.

http://summertomato.com/10-foods-you-didnt-know-were-damaging-your-teeth/

So far garri ijebu and akara aint on the list!
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Kevopraze: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
Carbonated drinks e.g. Coke, 7up etc are not good for your teeth.
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by joyli: 8:29pm On Sep 16, 2013
chelseabmw: Even bread? Wetin con remind for this world to eat self sad

Well said

[size=8pt][/size]
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by tomisinalli: 8:39pm On Sep 16, 2013
So make we dey drink water only abi water get sugar also
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by giffylove: 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2013
No.... i do not agree.. apples are great for the teeth.. check it up.. wink
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nwabinwechi(f): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
Bryancrox: I can eat all kind of food CLOSE UP is just #200naira...

you are wrong my dear ORAL-B is the right one to use.
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Quinne(f): 8:51pm On Sep 16, 2013
idrisolaide: Where do you guys source all these things from, Then why cant you gentle tell us not to eat food and start drinking water... even if water self would be posted to be causing PILE....LOL grin
. Asin ehnn..hahaha
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by domido(m): 9:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
ℓ̊ never liked popcorn anyways.
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by freshblazine(f): 10:09pm On Sep 16, 2013
Now dat someone is advising us, we won't hear.
when our teeth spoil now we'll say "our enemies are pursuingus from the village".
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by idinc(m): 10:31pm On Sep 16, 2013
Codedrock: DONT LIKE ANY OF THE FREAKY FOODS UP THERE.
swear say u no like Age
ge bread
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 11:22pm On Sep 16, 2013
Temi!

Temismith: undecided
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by oluamid(m): 11:35pm On Sep 16, 2013
Hmmmm...I guess I'm going to have to brush and floss next time I drink garri. undecided
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Slimmygee(f): 12:21am On Sep 17, 2013
Bryancrox: I can eat all kind of food CLOSE UP is just #200naira...
lol.. Sure boy!
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Slimmygee(f): 12:24am On Sep 17, 2013
freshblazine: Now dat someone is advising us, we won't hear.
when our teeth spoil now we'll say "our enemies are pursuingus from the village".
lol
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by TomiSwag(m): 1:12am On Sep 17, 2013
Soon der'll be dangers in drinkin water!!!!
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by sonyc00(m): 5:37am On Sep 17, 2013
We have been eating those foods for a long time,whatever cant kill us makes us stronger.hehe... grin
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by MistadeRegal(m): 6:25am On Sep 17, 2013
OP look here! Gbagbe osi! Chop acid, buy Dabur your teeth go dey good health
You want make I turn to fish wey go dey drink only water abi?
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:35am On Sep 17, 2013
U did not add chocolate ooooo
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 7:10am On Sep 17, 2013
Amaaskia: Aww and I LOVE apples. Love the taste in my mouth... *weeps bitterly* sad #
HABA WHEN LACASERA APPLE FAVOUR DEY DIA!
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by U90INDIVERSIT(m): 9:11am On Sep 17, 2013
Krasid: Most people know candy and other sugary foods wreak havoc on their teeth,but how about fruit?

You've probably heard brushing and flossing twice a day is the best way to keep your teeth healthy.But some foods cause enough damage to warrant extra cleanings.

1. Apples
Apples are high in acid, are surprisingly hard on your enamel.While a daily apple may keep the doctor away, the acid might keep your dentist on speed dial.Eating apples is fine, just be sure to rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash shortly after.

2. Hard candies
Though you probably know the sugar in candy is a problem, hard candies are especially harmful because we tend to hold them in our mouths longer.Also be aware that cough drops are often made with sugar, so opt for the sugar-free brand if available.

3. Pickled vegetables
Pickles are made with vinegar, which is acidic, and often sugar as well. While the vegetables are healthy, the brine is can damage your teeth.Drinking water with
your meal helps wash away acids and sugar, but remember to brush an hour later.

4. Bread
Many breads contain sugar-especially processed white breads. It's best to check the labels for any added sweeteners that will breed mouth bacteria.Bread is also sticky and gets between and behind your teeth.

5. Popcorn
Popcorn is notorious for getting stuck in your teeth, and the areas between your teeth will cultivate more bacteria for that reason. It's okay to treat yourself to a bag of popcorn as long as you rinse with water and remember to floss and brush after.

6. Peanut butter
Sticky and often made with sugar, peanut butter not only feeds bacteria but makes it easier for them to adhere to teeth.Look for natural peanut butters with no added sugars to lessen the problem.

7. Jelly
Along with peanut butter, jelly or jam is loaded with sugar and quite sticky.Even the all-fruit brands contain natural sugars and encourage plaque and bacteria if not washed away soon.

8. Meat
Meat tends to get stuck between your teeth, and some meat products contain sugar as a preservative.While the amount may not be very high, any food that sits between your teeth can promote tooth decay.Try chewing sugar-less gum after eating if you can't brush right away.

9. Diet soda
Just because it doesn't have sugar doesn't mean your teeth are safe. The acidity of diet sodas is still extremely high, making it one of the worst products for your teeth.

10. Salad dressing
More of a condiment than a food, salad dressings use vinegar and sugar for flavor.Salads should be a staple in anyone's diet, but be careful of the dressings that can harm your smile.

http://summertomato.com/10-foods-you-didnt-know-were-damaging-your-teeth/

OP, I would like to confess. Nodding damaged my teeth. I nod a lot!
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by majorgr: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2013
Number 11: Alomo
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by GentleMimi: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2013
Better it ruins my teeth,than to starve to d point of emancipation.why not cultivate d habit of brushing at night and after brkfst in d morning? I love apples and candies! kiss
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Toecynne(m): 12:33pm On Sep 17, 2013
naijathings: Taste my Lollipop. it is sugar free,
the more you lick my lollipop, the bigger it gets..
unlike other lollipop that melt when u lick, mine gets bigger, longer harder, stronger, faster,
and it has a similarity to Eclairs sweets..
and it always comes with some round sweets which are fondly called balls. very delicate but tasty too.
wanna taste?
i can let u lick it for free for the first time as sample.
[size=18pt]NO SUGAR.[/size]
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 17, 2013
whatever. I just dnt like it when i keep havin d taste of anything i ve eatin in my mouth. So i ensure i rinse my mouth after eatin anything.
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by abdulkodir: 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2013
what of mango ;banana; peneaple:and sugarcain.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by naijainfogalery: 4:02pm On Jan 02, 2015
Nigerians looking for Nigerian foods in the US, you can get your ingredients here at http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: 10 Foods That Damage Your Teeth by Krasid(m): 9:51pm On Aug 11, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Snake Venom, World’s Strongest Beer Contains 67.5% Of Alcohol / How Much Do You Spend On Food Daily / What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.