Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,463 members, 7,816,086 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? (2832 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Dealing With Misconceptions : 10 Things The Bible Never Said About Creation / WOW !!!! READ The Nasty Things Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Said About Wife, Anita [A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by spikedcylinder: 1:33pm On Jun 19, 2008
Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm of the opinion that the two major religions are opposed to people eating meat that hasnt been slaughtered. As in, meat that didnt die on its own of natural causes or disease. Abi?
I dont know the bible well but i have three quotes to back me up a bit on this:

Leviticus 17:15:

" 'Anyone, whether native-born or alien, who eats anything found dead or torn by wild animals must wash his clothes and bathe with water, and he will be ceremonially unclean till evening; then he will be clean.

Passage Leviticus 22:8:
He must not eat anything found dead or torn by wild animals, and so become unclean through it. I am the LORD.

Ezekiel 4:14:

But I said, "(A)Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I have (B)never been defiled; for from my youth until now I have never eaten what (C)died of itself or was torn by beasts, nor has any (D)unclean meat ever entered my mouth."

I dont know what or where to quote from the Quran but i'm pretty sure its there.

However, i get confused when people eat some animals that have been dead way long before it reaches the slaughter table eg. Fish, crabs etc. Are there exceptions to this rule?
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by huxley(m): 11:08pm On Jul 05, 2008
Why is this important in anyway? Would you re-organise your life based on the bible's (or K-ran's) stipulation on matters of diet?
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by Yisraylite(m): 6:20am On Jul 06, 2008
Hauxley, that's a rather ignorant comment YAHAWAH(YHWH) gave these dietry Laws for a specific reason from Lev 11 we can clearly see that the scavengers are not to be eaten because they carry and can transmit deadly sicknesses. Since YHWH is The Creator, I'm sure He knows what's the best diet for your health.

Hey Huxley try this sometime, go to your restroom re-organise a log of shit out of the toilet,and on your plate, pray to Jesus over it then dig right in, Let us know how it tastes smiley
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by morpheus24: 2:52pm On Jul 07, 2008
Why don't you numskulls go tell the aborigines that live in papau new guinea who can't herd cattle or find your brand of sustenance to stop eating dead pigs they happen to find and the die.

When they do then god will welcome them into heaven.

Numskulls!!
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by Yisraylite(m): 11:42pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ Morpheus24
Your Father is the numskull for bringing an slowpoke such as yourself into this lovely world of ours. I've warned you to watch your mouth around me and stop following me around like a liitle female dog.

No salaam for you this time

Victory
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by Esss(m): 11:51pm On Jul 07, 2008
morpheus24:

Why don't you numskulls go tell the aborigines that live in papau new guinea who can't herd cattle or find your brand of sustenance to stop eating dead pigs they happen to find and the die.

When they do then god will welcome them into heaven.

Numskulls!!

Dude!! I'm sure they expect them to go to the local grocery store or deli and buy some T-bone steaks and Croned beef or prolly order some pizza from Pizza hut. What rubbish.

The day you people stop living in fear of the after life and start trying to survive this life that you already have, maybe then things would change for the better.

huxley:

Why is this important in anyway? Would you re-organise your life based on the bible's (or K-ran's) stipulation on matters of diet?

Then they might as weel live on daily rations of unleaven bread and wine.
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by tpia: 1:10am On Jul 08, 2008
I dont think not wanting to eat meat that wasnt slaughtered, has anything to do with religion.

Why would anyone want to eat an animal that died of unknown causes?

Personally, I cant knowingly eat anything that died mysteriously, since I dont know what sickness killed it. Nothing to do with religion, as far as I'm concerned.

All things being equal of course. If you're starving none of this applies.
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by lucabrasi(m): 1:15am On Jul 08, 2008
obviously christianity supports not eating it as evidenced from the few bible verses you v quoted
and medically its not healthy
im pretty sure the rastafarians do not eat them as well
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by manchibabe: 11:21am On Jul 08, 2008
all dis dead meat trhingy was all in d old testament and besides after Jesus came all things ve passed away nd become new hence d new testament
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by Yisraylite(m): 12:55pm On Jul 08, 2008
@manchibabe

Please stop the next time you see some roadkill regardless of how long it's been laying there, pick up the dead animal then take it home and cook it for your family, dont forget to pray to Ea-Zeus Christos to bless the meat for you and hope you don't end up in a hospital.
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by morpheus24: 1:16pm On Jul 08, 2008
manchibabe:

all this dead meat trhingy was all in d old testament and besides after Jesus came all things ve passed away nd become new hence d new testament
Manchibabe,

Actually the new testament does not have Jesus breaking the law of eating unclean animals, because of the traditions of many nations who adopted christianity, loop holes have been found to tryo to convince people that the law of of abstaining from eating dead animals or unclean animals has some how been revoked in the new testatment.

If you look carefully at the chapters that reference this practice in the new testament, there is nothing explicit that really revokes the laws of the Old testament, but realize one thing which is stated by Jesus in the new testatment which says "the Law is made for Man and not Man for the law" If you are religious person then understanding this phrase should put you at ease concerning eating dead flesh or unclean meats.

On the other hand scientifically speaking, endulging in such practices is biologically unhealthy for you as proven by science.
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On May 20, 2023
spikedcylinder:
■ Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm of the opinion that the two major religions are opposed to people eating meat that hasnt been slaughtered. As in, meat that didnt die on its own of natural causes or disease. Abi? I dont know the bible well but i have three quotes to back me up a bit on this: I dont know what or where to quote from the Quran but i'm pretty sure its there. However, i get confused when people eat some animals that have been dead way long before it reaches the slaughter table eg. Fish, crabs etc. Are there exceptions to this rule?
Well, according to Jesus Christ, it is not what you eat that makes you unclean or causes you to sin against God. All food you eat simply goes through your mouth and is passed out afterward as feces, so there is nothing wrong with you eating dead meat if that is your fancy - Matthew 15 vs 10 - 20 & Mark 7 vs 13 - 23. undecided

As for me, If I came upon a freshly dead deer or I use my car jam deer for the road by accident, I go load am up inside booth immediately, carry go home straight... pepper soup and barbeque all year long. undecided
Re: What Has Relgion Said About Dead Meat? by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On May 26, 2023
Yisraylite:
@manchibabe

Please stop the next time you see some roadkill regardless of how long it's been laying there, pick up the dead animal then take it home and cook it for your family, dont forget to pray to Ea-Zeus Christos to bless the meat for you and hope you don't end up in a hospital.
Yuck! embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Odm / The Summary Of Al-fathiah / Moment Pastor Stares In Wonder At Curvy Female Congregation Without Letting Go

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.