Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,692 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Vista Wahala - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Vista Wahala (1018 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance / Why Win 2000, Win Xp or Windows Vista When There's Win 98? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vista Wahala by deepo: 2:08pm On Jun 19, 2008
pls can anybody help with downgrading my vista to xp.

its giving me a lot of problems and i cant even install most of my softwares.

abeg help
Re: Vista Wahala by anibo2(m): 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2008
Try to reinstall xp on your system,is it a laptop or a desktop.Vista only load original softwares not pirated ones.If you can't do it,gimme me a call here is my digits 08029575616 and state your location.I stay in maryland.
Re: Vista Wahala by nazzyon(m): 12:23am On Jun 22, 2008
Vista has improved.

Have you updated the OS if you're still using the fresh installation from CD or the one that came with you computer you will still have problems and will be complaining.

Get the Service Pack 1 that was released and the problem will be reduced.

Vista version of all softwares are out right now if you install the right one that Vista support you won't have any problems.

NOTE: I am not saying all the problems with Vista has been resolved but you will enjoy using it if you are running the right softwares.

DRIVERS
Vista still has driver problems though just like Ubuntu. But what I did to mine was that I copied some of the drivers that Vista and XP shares and I don't have problems with that no more.
Re: Vista Wahala by saintstoke: 11:06pm On Jun 22, 2008
You can install what we call virtual pc on the your pc, but make sure you have enough space on your hdd. after installing the virtual pc/ winxp, you can now install all other softwares that cannot be installed on your vista. but first, upgrade to sp1 vista which can be downloaded from microsofts web site.
the virtual pc installer can as well be downloaded from microsoft web site goodluck.
Re: Vista Wahala by uspry1(f): 11:30pm On Jun 22, 2008
Try out existing NL thread at below:

Windows Vista Tweaks for Optimal System Performance
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-136195.0.html
Re: Vista Wahala by cooldude62(m): 11:48pm On Jun 22, 2008
@poster,
have you tried any of the things you were told?
if yes, its ok you say here,
well what i think is that you go to add or remove program on your system and uninstall vista.
by the way,whats microsoft doing?
vista is supposed to be upgraded XP.
Re: Vista Wahala by febbymi: 5:07pm On Jun 23, 2008
thanks for contributing to this thread guys. The drivers are the main problem. Please nazzyon can i have an idea of drivers you use
Re: Vista Wahala by nazzyon(m): 5:39am On Jun 24, 2008
Sorry,  had to take this long before my response. Been busy @ Fixya.

Copy @ windows:system32

Instruction: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/copy-windows-drivers-from-one-machine-to-another/

If you don't want to go through that stress you can visit:

www.driverscollection.com

www.driveguidetoolkit.com

Cheers

We got lots of Gurus here e.g Uspry and others, they can always help but if you feel you need more of help you can post your questions on:

www.fixya.com

If I did not get your question my colleagues will be there to help tackle & solve  any problem.

Don't worry most of our services are free
Re: Vista Wahala by febbymi: 3:37pm On Jun 24, 2008
@ Nazzyon
thanks so much the sites were really helpful,learnt a couple of things
Re: Vista Wahala by nazzyon(m): 10:41pm On Jun 24, 2008
Don't mention it.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Laptops Are Racist To Blacks / I Need Info On Mcts Certification In Lagos / Laptop Hp G60 For Sale Pics Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.