Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,138 members, 7,821,888 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

The Bible Forbids Tattoos - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Bible Forbids Tattoos (26825 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / 7 Things The Bible Forbids, But We Do Anyway / Does The Bible Forbids Taking Of Alcoholic Drinks Or Strong Wine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Cmfrt001(f): 6:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hmmmm end time tins I guess tongue hv notin to say for now but all I knw I dat tattoos r not health friendly.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by olopan(m): 6:20pm On Sep 15, 2013
one word sweetheart "OBESSION"
spongeback: So your job on nairaland is to follow me around and quote me when I use emoticon to save space for my comment? undecided
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by hallengray(m): 6:39pm On Sep 15, 2013
Millenia: It is Like a phlegm to see Christians Tattoo their Bodies, Mostly some Young girls and others who are in church choirs and who attend churches have tattoo on various places of their Bodies.

It is unfortunate to experience this Abominable act and most of then cannot be blamed because they Think they are actually serving God , But they are not serving hm at all.

A lot of things are happening in Christendom world Today and it relates to the amount of spiritual desolation that has come over churches all in the name of carelessness and pleasure and luxury living.A lot of Christians believe going to church's is being born again and that their heart matters instead of their appearance as the false minister's have also deceived them.

However, Leviticus 21:5 forbids making Incisions and tattooing of of any kind on the body, Unfortunately, people of the world place tattoos of my people they have killed on their bodies, People they have lost or dead relatives and living people.

.DEUTERONOMY 14:1 forbids making such tattoo's or incisions of dead people on the living either for any form of memorial or any form of obeisance. No wonder many Christians run into problems of seeing themselves being chased by dead spirits, bad dreams, nightmares, eating and drinking in the dreams, being used as a slaves and sent strange errands because they have tattooed their skin with various images of animals and people.

The other danger in this practice is That Occultists, satanists, and other evil societies use it to sign and covenant people with The devil, Demons.In other words Incision is the Strongest link Of blood covenant between an Individual and Satan or demon spirits. It Brings About satanic Possession, obsession, depression, retrogression,and oppression.

If such has happened to you in Ignorance, you have a solution and is to Break the covenant with whatever Image and spirit or tattoo you put on your body.If it is the Name of an Individual or demon , pray with Isiaiah 14:28 and break such covenants, or seek Deliverance form the church God directs you to as you pray and ask.

Tattoo is a sign you belong to someone
And the bible also says that who are you to judge!? Next pls! Idiot.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Hartarmah(m): 6:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
The bible is d bible.Someone once said dt,for u to b succesful in dis life,'u ve to obey d the word f God'(bible) 100%.It is not a joke if u want to b like Jesus Christ.Lofe ur life outside d tyns f dis world nd see hw great dis life is wt God.In d new testament, d bible says ur body is d temple f God,u shld live a holy life........check ur life today bfore it is late so dt u dont miss d kingdom at d end tym
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 7:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
Lolz,wen u wound urself no blame anybody
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by SHAAWA: 7:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Really? Hw about tithe is it in the new or old testament?

[quote
author=Nuzo']I'm not a fan of elaborate and poorly done
tattoos...especially on females. And this is only cos it looks so dirty
and irresponsible.

However, Christians are not bound by any law of the old testament.

My life starts and ends with the life and instructiions of
christ.[/quote]
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Iruolycious(f): 7:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hartarmah: The bible is d bible.Someone once said dt,for u to b succesful in dis life,'u ve to obey d the word f God'(bible) 100%.It is not a joke if u want to b like Jesus Christ.Lofe ur life outside d tyns f dis world nd see hw great dis life is wt God.In d new testament, d bible says ur body is d temple f God,u shld live a holy life........check ur life today bfore it is late so dt u dont miss d kingdom at d end tym
Amen! But wait, how can u claim 2 b obeyin d scriptures 100percent when the only part of Lev. 19 u obey is vs. 28? What abt d other verses?

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Fidelcruiz(m): 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2013
People should learn to serve God the right way. Old or New Testament one Holy Bible. Ignorant People flaw the laws of the Old Testament due to the emergence of the New Testament forgetting that Christ existence started from the Old Testament. Read Isaiah 53 vs 4 and 5
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Tobiustobius: 8:19pm On Sep 15, 2013
People can yell "The Old Testament is still part of the Bible" till they're blue in the face. Anyone who tries to obey all the laws in Leviticus and Deuteronomy... It's impossible, frankly. Might as well lock yourself up in a bunker, not showering or grooming, and consuming only unleavened bread and water.

As an aside, I wonder why I'm even commenting on this normal-ridiculous Sunday thread.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2013
Hmm na wa,, ℓ so much admire girls with tattoos,esp on dia b reast, laps, ℓ intend 2 marry a girl wit tattoo oo,, any way make ℓ still think about am
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Werehkpe: 9:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
stanquad: yes o, only God can judge.

Ode. Oponu. Olor kpolo dudu.

God has already told u DONT MAKE INCISIONS OR MARKING ON UR BODY. Its the temple of the Lord. I guess u just made ur judgement easier for God. tongue
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by mrendowed2: 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2013
dis is d first time Am hearing dt some Christians now choose between d old nd new testament which to follow. my friends, d Bible comprises of both d old and new testament. period
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Goshen360(m): 9:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
Romans 3:19
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
19 What the law says is for those who are under the law. It stops anyone from making excuses. And it brings the whole world under God’s judgment
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by jonuel1(m): 9:40pm On Sep 15, 2013
spongeback: Old Testament, in the New Testament Jesus tore the curtain in the temple which signifies liberty. You can come worship God just as you are in spirit and in truth. undecided

Bcus τ̣̣ђё curtain has been torn, has God's standards changed? Did Christ have a tatoo neither did His disciples?

Remember, He is tђε̲̣̣̣̥ God of Yesterday, today aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ forever.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by haibe(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2013
jonuel1:

Bcus τ̣̣ђё curtain has been torn, has God's standards changed? Did Christ have a tatoo neither did His disciples?

Remember, He is tђε̲̣̣̣̥ God of Yesterday, today aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ forever.

So have you been obeying every laws in leveticus? Like are you putting on a dress of diverse materials?
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Goshen360(m): 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2013
mr,endowed:
dis is d first time Am hearing dt some Christians now choose between d old nd new testament which to follow. my friends, d Bible comprises of both d old and new testament. period

We can as well be continue animal sacrifices, stone false prophets and stubborn kids to death, etc. Everything written in the law is for NATIONAL ISRAEL and not for the church, don't confuse both.

Christ has MADE us MINISTERS OF THE NEW TESTAMENT, NOT OF THE WRITTEN LAWS OF MOSES!!

2Corinthians 3:6
Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)
6 He made us able to be servants of a new agreement from himself to his people. It is not an agreement of written laws, but it is of the Spirit. The written law brings death, but the Spirit gives life.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Fairbanks(m): 10:10pm On Sep 15, 2013
spongeback: Old Testament, in the New Testament Jesus tore the curtain in the temple which signifies liberty. You can come worship God just as you are in spirit and in truth. undecided
liberty from sin and curse not oppurtunity to b perverse. plz dnt abuse dis grace. sad
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by vinkela(m): 10:17pm On Sep 15, 2013
toluene12:

Jesus spoke about tithe and he encouraged xtians to practise it.
Paul also spoke about tithe and he said it's an honourable thing to do.
BIBLE REFERENCES PLEASE
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Pptyconcession: 11:03pm On Sep 15, 2013
God expressly said it.....
Leviticus 19 vs 28
Deut 14 vs 1-2

Eyin eniyan e ye gan Olorun Eledumare.
People stop reproaching God. tatoo is not good.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by NFSBob(m): 11:04pm On Sep 15, 2013
Kenistry: Dat law is not for Christians........but wht u tattooed on u body determines if u r for Christ or not. Christians only hv one law.... Love God and love ur neighbour as ur love urself. Any oda law is for pagans & co, remember d same leviticus says u shldn't cut ur beard, pr is it also a sin to cut it?
Christ has fulfilled d law. Am dead to d laws of moses. Halleluyah!
MR KEnIstry, u have said it all. God Bless u
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by kandiikane(m): 11:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
I don't know why people love to twist words in the bible. It says do not cut your hair or cut the skin of the living FOR THE DEAD. This message is very clear. How about places where tattooing is part of their culture?

This message means do not do anything on your body for the dead! Not do not cut your skin for the dead(full stop), Oh, p.s no tattooing atall atall. It is all in one sentence. Nonsense!
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Validated: 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2013

Please, read your Bible and apply each text in context. Matt 5 v 17 - 18 answeres it thus:

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

These are the WORDS of Jesus concerning the Law and the Prophets.

1 Like

Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by jascopassion(m): 12:00am On Sep 16, 2013
I have notin to say than to ask for God mercy fo us all,am so sure you are not a xtian tokles of being a saved soul. It can neva be too late for u to understand that my own God exist.He seated high and uses the earth as His footstool.
Please try worship in any bible believing church and get to hear the truth about God existence. I'm sorry if. Found guilty of insulting you.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by jossy501: 12:13am On Sep 16, 2013
adepoju is: If tatoo is a sin,hw abt tribal/facial mark,is dat a sin too?
LOL
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by haibe(m): 12:22am On Sep 16, 2013
Follow the Holy Spirit, christians are not bound by those written laws.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by haibe(m): 12:25am On Sep 16, 2013
Validated:

Please, read your Bible and apply each text in context. Matt 5 v 17 - 18 answeres it thus:

17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

These are the WORDS of Jesus concerning the Law and the Prophets.

Did Jesus fulfil the law or not?
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Ryda(m): 12:33am On Sep 16, 2013
Tattoo is a slave mark civilisation transformed it into fashion..
But that doesn't mean am gonna join them in doing it.
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Wolef7(m): 12:57am On Sep 16, 2013
Nuzo':
I'm not a fan of elaborate and poorly done tattoos...especially on females. And this is only cos it looks so dirty and irresponsible.

However, Christians are not bound by any law of the old testament.

My life starts and ends with the life and instructiions of christ.

That means you steal and lie shey? #asking
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by iykololo(m): 1:29am On Sep 16, 2013
Millenia: It is Like a phlegm to see Christians Tattoo their Bodies, Mostly some Young girls and others who are in church choirs and who attend churches have tattoo on various places of their Bodies.

It is unfortunate to experience this Abominable act and most of then cannot be blamed because they Think they are actually serving God , But they are not serving hm at all.

A lot of things are happening in Christendom world Today and it relates to the amount of spiritual desolation that has come over churches all in the name of carelessness and pleasure and luxury living.A lot of Christians believe going to church's is being born again and that their heart matters instead of their appearance as the false minister's have also deceived them.

However, Leviticus 21:5 forbids making Incisions and tattooing of of any kind on the body, Unfortunately, people of the world place tattoos of my people they have killed on their bodies, People they have lost or dead relatives and living people.

.DEUTERONOMY 14:1 forbids making such tattoo's or incisions of dead people on the living either for any form of memorial or any form of obeisance. No wonder many Christians run into problems of seeing themselves being chased by dead spirits, bad dreams, nightmares, eating and drinking in the dreams, being used as a slaves and sent strange errands because they have tattooed their skin with various images of animals and people.

The other danger in this practice is That Occultists, satanists, and other evil societies use it to sign and covenant people with The devil, Demons.In other words Incision is the Strongest link Of blood covenant between an Individual and Satan or demon spirits. It Brings About satanic Possession, obsession, depression, retrogression,and oppression.

If such has happened to you in Ignorance, you have a solution and is to Break the covenant with whatever Image and spirit or tattoo you put on your body.If it is the Name of an Individual or demon , pray with Isiaiah 14:28 and break such covenants, or seek Deliverance form the church God directs you to as you pray and ask.

Tattoo is a sign you belong to someone
What kind of spirit am i up against when i tattoo the sign of my lord on d cross?
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 16, 2013
aaronson: Only God Can judge me!!!
_
Forget the haters, 'cause somebody loves ya!
Re: The Bible Forbids Tattoos by Goshen360(m): 4:10am On Sep 16, 2013
Sinai is null and void at the cross of Christ.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

African/blackroots Science Religion. Science Of Creation. / Pastor Taiwo Odukoya Remembers Bimbo Odukoya, Late Wife 10 Years After Her Death / Throwback Photos Of Pastor Kumuyi As He Turns 75

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.