Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,145 members, 7,852,914 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:20 AM

Bale Was Not Worth Such A Massive Transfer Fee, Says Real Madrid Legend Zidane - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Bale Was Not Worth Such A Massive Transfer Fee, Says Real Madrid Legend Zidane (413 Views)

Has Lionel Messi Surpassed The Status Of Pele, Maradona Or Zidane? / Chelsea May Recoup Fernando Torres Transfer Fee In Shirt Sales Alone / Is Zidane Overrated? Is He Better Than Ronaldinho? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bale Was Not Worth Such A Massive Transfer Fee, Says Real Madrid Legend Zidane by Hankok(m): 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2013
Real Madrid legend Zinedine Zidane has dubbed the astronomical £85.3m transfer fee
his club paid for Wales winger Gareth Bale "incomprehensible"
in the current economic climate. Bale signed for the Spanish giants from Tottenham Hotspur
last week on a six-year contract. Asked whether the 24-year-old
was worth the hefty fee paid for him Zidane, who is now Carlo Ancelotti’s assistant coach at
Real, said: "You need to ask that question in a year's time.
"Ten years ago, they bought me for 75 million euros and I said I
wasn't worth it.
"Today, I tend to say a player is not worth that. Two clubs agree
on a price and no-one is forcing the other to do anything. "That's football. Unfortunately, it's incomprehensible with
what's happening today to pay so much." Zidane said he would offer Bale
some advice as the Welshman
seeks to hold down a place in Ancelotti's team.
"My role will certainly be to tell him that he plays as he knows how to, to not put too much
pressure on himself," he said.
"He has an incredible potential but he still has room for improvement."
Bale, who is currently on
international duty with Wales, is expected to make his Real debut
against Villarreal on September

(1) (Reply)

Capital One Cup-manchester United Vs Liverpool Tomorrow / Arsenal To Play Chelsea In Capital One Cup 4th Round / Mata Has Played His Way Back Into Chelsea Side, Says Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.