Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,668 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence (16329 Views)

Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos / Lagosians Challenge Military Officers For Driving Against Traffic (Pictures) / PHOTOS Of The Man Told To Leave Saudi Arabia For Being ‘too Handsome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Reference(m): 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hmm. Just call her Ms. Khaki before she sends you to the dentist.
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Nobody: 8:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
O' boy! Janice Lokelani Ikuku-ama-nonya-1 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by adsonstone: 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
I'm sure most people did not pronounce the name.
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Slowvenom(m): 9:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
dem swear 4 am? She shu se d husban na beta Man b4 hin die?
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by timoney(m): 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
Before she finish to write her name, EXAM go don finish.
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by bunmit(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
Mrs Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele!!!! Seriously
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by delors(m): 10:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
Chei! I almost posted this story two days ago...Chei! Sharp people.
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by FOLLEY20(m): 10:15pm On Sep 19, 2013
joeydozzy: My babe's name is Eneda

Her full name is Enedalanmaduanyaenelamakaechidimeokwaimaro
This is a serious matter that need urgent attention.
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Miraclebaby1109: 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
Wat a name, ha ha
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by ayobase(m): 10:44pm On Sep 19, 2013
r231: A Hawaiian woman has been left outraged after state officials asked her to cut down her 36-letter surname – because it wouldn’t fit on the ID card.

Furious Janice Lokelani Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele claims the state has been ‘disrespectful’ towards her Hawaiian heritage after being reissued an ID card with only 35 letters in her surname.

Her name is so long that the driving licence in question does not even include her first name and middle names at all.

Mrs Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele, who has had to carry two ID cards for the past 20 years, said that the action of missing off one letter was ‘disrespectful of the Hawaiian people’.

‘The county has never accommodated my name on my driver’s license,’ she told Honolulu television station KHON2.

She said the new ID has created a number of problems for her, including not being able to travel and being questioned by police during traffic.

’He looked at it and he goes, “Well, where is your first name?” And I said, “Don’t blame me. This is your department, this is the county”.’

Mrs Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele said that she has been told by the country to take her maiden name or shorten her last name. But she wants to keep the name as a tribute to her late husband.

After the TV station that originally reported the story pressured the local Department of Transport on the issue, officials said they will extend ID cards to a 40-character limit.

grin grin

I don't mind printing and cresting for this woman....just 2 jobs are okay for the year!
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Vincent41(m): 10:49pm On Sep 19, 2013
r231: A Hawaiian woman has been left outraged after state officials asked her to cut down her 36-letter surname – because it wouldn’t fit on the ID card.

Furious Janice Lokelani Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele claims the state has been ‘disrespectful’ towards her Hawaiian heritage after being reissued an ID card with only 35 letters in her surname.

Her name is so long that the driving licence in question does not even include her first name and middle names at all.

Mrs Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele, who has had to carry two ID cards for the past 20 years, said that the action of missing off one letter was ‘disrespectful of the Hawaiian people’.

‘The county has never accommodated my name on my driver’s license,’ she told Honolulu television station KHON2.

HAHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...SEE GBOBE

She said the new ID has created a number of problems for her, including not being able to travel and being questioned by police during traffic.

’He looked at it and he goes, “Well, where is your first name?” And I said, “Don’t blame me. This is your department, this is the county”.’

Mrs Keihanaikukauakahihuliheekahaunaele said that she has been told by the country to take her maiden name or shorten her last name. But she wants to keep the name as a tribute to her late husband.

After the TV station that originally reported the story pressured the local Department of Transport on the issue, officials said they will extend ID cards to a 40-character limit.

grin grin

Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Reference(m): 12:38am On Sep 20, 2013
These are the stories the Nigerian electronic media will evade at all costs.
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Inyanga(m): 7:30am On Sep 20, 2013
Iz diz sum1's name or what.....
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Tobbey(m): 4:30pm On Sep 20, 2013
The person that christened her must be sued.. I just bit my tongue cry cry
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by misslaw(f): 5:42pm On Sep 20, 2013
keihanakkkkkkkk....sori jst passn by
Re: Woman Told To Shorten Name That's Too Long For Driving Licence by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 07, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I don die....And I used to think Africans have the longest names. Even Agbani Darego's full name no reach this one grin grin grin grin grin. Has anyone succeeded in pronouncing it? sad sad sad sad. I tried so hard, but no success

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dog Owners, Please Help. / When Nigerian Policeman Stops You: What Not To Say? / Troops Recover And Return 218 Cows To Owners In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.