Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:06 AM

Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson (2366 Views)

In China Imams Forced To Dance In Public, Swear Never To Teach Children Islam / Etan Patz Case Reopened- A Lesson For Nigerian Security Agencies / Embarrassing Moment For Playboy Son Of An African Dictator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by TalkNews: 7:08am On Sep 14, 2013

A Utah dad fed up with his daughter’s short shorts decided to do something that would make her realize they might not be as cute as she thinks.
Scott Mackintosh, a husband and father of seven, recently headed out with his family for some bonding time, he describes on his wife’s blog, Becky Mack’s Blog of Mild Chaos. The plan was to go to dinner and play miniature golf. Before leaving, he heard his wife asking his teenage daughter to put on some longer shorts. When the girl responded “no,” Mackintosh decided to “make a ‘small’ statement on how her short-shorts maybe aren’t as ‘cute’ as she thinks!”
So, he grabbed a pair of jeans, cut them into a tiny pair of shorts above the pocket and threw on a T-shirt reading “Best. Dad. Ever.” The family got stares at the restaurant and stares at the mini-golf course, but his daughter still didn’t seem to mind. Finally, when they ended the night with milkshakes, she decided to stay in the car instead of going through any more embarrassment.
There was no “Dad I get it” or “Dad you’re the best…. thanks for that awesome lesson.” ☺ I don’t think my object lesson of “modest is hottest” made the statement I had intended. But no matter if social media gets the story mixed up and twisted, my daughter will always know that her dad loves her and cares about her enough to make a fool out of himself.
His daughter posted the photo of her dad to her Tumblr, writing, “My mom told me to change my ‘slutty’ shorts before we went to dinner. I said no. So my dad cut his jeans to fit in. We went to dinner and then mini golf like this.” The post has since gotten over 130,000 notes. The photo also made it’s way to the social sharing site, Reddit.
After the story got picked up by various news outlets, Mackintosh decided to clarify a few things about his purpose.

“I simply did this in hopes that my daughter would know of my great love for her and that she knows of her great worth,” he said in a statement to Desert News. “Now that it has gone viral, I hope that young women everywhere understand their great worth. I will look like an idiot any day if that point gets across.”
Mackintosh told Salt Lake City’s KSL that he has not seen his daughter’ short shorts since then.
“She’s dressed a little bit better since then,” he said. “Yeah, she has.”
Mackintosh’s story comes on the heels of a national debate about whether adults should be telling kids what to wear following a “slut shaming” viral blog post written by a Texas mother. While some parents shake their fingers at short shorts, otherparents are fine with letting their children wear whatever clothing they desire.
As for the practice of public shaming, which involves potentially embarrassing one’s child in a public manner as a means of discipline, some view it negatively.
“It’s not just that humiliating people, of any age, is a nasty and disrespectful way of treating them,” Alfie Kohn, author of Unconditional Parenting: Moving from Rewards and Punishments to Love and Reason, previously said. “It’s that humiliation, like other forms of punishment, is counterproductive. ‘Doing to’ strategies — as opposed to those that might be described as ‘working with’ — can never achieve any result beyond temporary compliance, and it does so at a disturbing cost.”

CLICK HERE FOR MORE CELEBRITY SCANDAL GISTS

Ini Edo RELEASES CONTROVERSIAL PHOTO -- SEE THEM HERE
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by harbibi: 7:49am On Sep 14, 2013
Cool dad cheesy
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by AbuMikey(m): 8:08am On Sep 14, 2013
Dad nor send o cheesy
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by PapaBrowne(m): 8:45am On Sep 14, 2013
Hehehe!! Love this dad. He has taught me something!!
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by gerald09(m): 8:52am On Sep 14, 2013
White folks tinz
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 14, 2013
Best daddy most ladies never had!
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by israel007: 9:56am On Sep 14, 2013
'Paternal instinct'
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by IGBOSON1: 10:14am On Sep 14, 2013
Could have been a script straight out of MY WIFE AND KIDS!
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by Tolexander: 10:17am On Sep 14, 2013
Before leaving, he heard
his wife asking his teenage
daughter to put on some
longer shorts. When the girl
responded “no
,” Mackintosh
decided to “make a ‘small’
statement on how her short-
shorts maybe aren’t as ‘cute’
as she thinks!”
oyinbo pikin sabi disobey sha!
Make the girl come africa to tell her mum 'no' after a command, na that day she go know the symbol of hell.

But to be sincere, this man has made an everlasting statement to teach the daughter the right way instead of our african mode of correction.

The daughter got the picture and understood the reason.
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by iterator25: 10:18am On Sep 14, 2013
My joystick is too big to be concealed in that shorts sad
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by switdil(f): 10:18am On Sep 14, 2013
grin grin grin
If na were pikin e born
The pikin no go send o
E go even post him papa pics for online com tag am "dad rocks short, hmmm so cute"
This kain lesson good for pikin wey still get conscience
No be d wan wey don sell their soul to d devil

1 Like

Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by desgiezd(m): 10:21am On Sep 14, 2013
Best dad with innovative way of correcting his daughter!
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 14, 2013
iterator25: My joystick is too big to be concealed in that shorts sad
u mean that pinkie finger sized ish? grin

Ok I'm kidding. Don't be mad
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by kunlesehan(m): 11:19am On Sep 14, 2013
"best dad ever" indeed
he stylisly gave his joystick some breath of fresh utah air as well ... lol ... talk about killing 2 birds with 1 funny stone.
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by kunlesehan(m): 11:23am On Sep 14, 2013
switdil: grin grin grin
If na were pikin e born
The pikin no go send o
E go even post him papa pics for online com tag am "dad rocks short, hmmm so cute"
This kain lesson good for pikin wey still get conscience
No be d wan wey don sell their soul to d devil
she fit even tag am " teaching old dog new tricks" ... lol
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by ChiSun27(m): 11:37am On Sep 14, 2013
Hopefully the girl has learnt her lessons.

But come to think of it this short shorts wey girls dey wear this days is becoming something else...shebi na bumpa short dem dey call am abi?

If una see the one wey one girl wear for my area...una go surprise...the only difference between her shorts and pants be sey the former get small pockets. And funny enough her back lap black and front come fair...I was like what kind of house dressing turned street dressing is this?

Please...government should do something about all this bumper shorts abi na street pants self...cause some boys dey vex.
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by swtme(f): 12:12pm On Sep 14, 2013
I love u dad....
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by Austeenxx: 12:16pm On Sep 14, 2013
One word: wow!
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by Feraz(m): 12:21pm On Sep 14, 2013
Hehehe!!! Damn! The message must have sunk into the girl's brain. Way to go dad!
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by mysticgal(f): 12:28pm On Sep 14, 2013
dads are always the bestsmiley
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by UyiIredia(m): 12:48pm On Sep 14, 2013
The papa trai. Some girls no for sai. Sha sha everytin go pai !
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by chei: 1:26pm On Sep 14, 2013
This will sink in the girls medula for life.
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by fr3do(m): 1:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
Just condem that fine jeans
angry angry angry

cheesy cheesy just kiddin'
he made more than a statement
he made a big a$s speech.
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by angelTI(f): 2:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
I trust my naija dads; They have their 'ways' of disciplining erring children
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by Nobody: 4:00pm On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Dad Wears Embarrassing Outfit To Teach His Daughter A Lesson by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 14, 2013
I need one wk to plan on how to retalirate.

(1) (Reply)

Why And How The African Child Is Miseducated In The Western Educational System / Graph Index Shows Where Major ISIS Supporters Are Tweeting From? (photo) / Fox News And The Chicken Democrats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.