Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,984 members, 7,956,671 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:41 PM

Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? (10197 Views)

Glo BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works / Etisalat Bis Users - Before You Resubscribe, Read This / Mtn Reset Code No Longer Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by ponana(m): 8:35am On Sep 14, 2013
Has anybody also noticed that etisalat bis no longer works via hotspot? The last time I used it was on tuesday.
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by profoslan(m): 9:31am On Sep 14, 2013
Its now working again
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by ponana(m): 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
I just confirmed it as well..thanks
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by EduPrada: 7:31pm On Sep 19, 2013
Its no longer working on mine... Any help?
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 19, 2013
Pls help,it still doesn't work on mine as well.is dia any special settings you guys are usiing??fanx!!
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by knyte(m): 10:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
Thank God we all in d same shoes* grin
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by best4best(m): 4:13pm On Sep 20, 2013
Hi guys mine is not working yet!! Is it working now or it's my settings? Kindly reply. Thanks
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by raheem54: 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
Sombody help!!! Mine isn't workin too
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2013
pls can any enlightn me on how to get this hotspot nd browse with it
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by donstevewrites: 7:40pm On Sep 21, 2013
Called customer care and was told it longer applies dat if u wanna u use it u shud get aditional data.dis is crazy.first they cap their data at 3gig and now no hotspot.

1 Like

Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by LordOrochimaru(m): 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2013
Same with me...can't use it and I called customer care and they told me thrash...porting to airtel cos I need the hotspot for my android fone
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by knyte(m): 11:05am On Sep 22, 2013
Would airtel support it?
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by Baadal(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2013
mine is working....i think u guys shuld try it now
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by akmaldini(m): 2:28pm On Sep 22, 2013
@donsteve nd lord,y did u cul d customer care?mayb u re d cause y it is not working again.do u fink dey re happy dat we re using our bis as modem on our pc?d question is damn no...
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 22, 2013
Baadal: mine is working....i think u guys shuld try it now

Baadal is it still working on yours till now and is dia any special setting you used?pls kindly respond.thanks

1 Like

Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by jonuel1(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2013
Guys, what's tђε̲̣̣̣̥ settings please? I guess Ɣ☺ΰ guys connect through  Desktop Manager.
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by fammieomo: 5:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
ETISALAT "what has become of your GREAT brand?"
I am one of the few people that took cover with etisalat when they unveiled their wonderful service as a result of the BAD services Subscribers endured from MTN, AIRTEL and GLO networks alike. Then; the almighty Blackberry was introduced and etisalat brought a paradigm-shift in the mobile network industry with their UNLIMITED data browsing plan, and once again I was glad to associate myself with etisalat. At a certain point, if you didn't have an etisalat line, you were not regarded as "cool".
My happy evening became a sad one after receiving a text message form your customer service route that my 1month Unlimited data plan had expired after 12days of subscription' without a prior notification of the service plan. Then i called the customer service to get an explanation why my data bundle would expire before the specified date. Her response was that I had consumed all my data. What! In 12days? And that the unlimited plan had being scrapped. "Bullshit".
My point of view; retain the unlimited data plan & increase the data fee instead of eradicating the unlimited subscription & reducing the data fee to a thousand naira. I assure you that in no time. Etisalat would become of no use to people just like MTN & AIRTEL alike. 90% of etisalat subscribers joined the network due to your impeccable internet services & not really to make calls; because etisalat does not have a wide coverage like MTN. Trust me, I travel a whole lot across Nigeria.
The QUESTIONS you should ask yourself:
(1) Why did etisalat decide to eradicate their UNLIMITED browsing plan on the Blackberry?
(2) Why does etisalat feel reducing the amount for blackberry data bundle like other networks, would make up for the bad services rendered? since "THEIR EDGE OVER OTHER NETWORKS WAS REMOVED (the unlimited plan)"
Kindly note that I would gladly and logically pay N5000 for the unlimited blackberry data bundle than paying N1000 for a worthless 3GB of browsing data.
SUGGESTION: I would implore the management of etisalat to define their class of internet bundle users; those who prefer to subscribe to a thousand naira from those who prefer to pay a higher fee for a better service.
The N1000-3GB should be different from the unlimited data and whatever fee you decide to charge.
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by donstevewrites: 11:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
Tested mine again n it worked
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by LordOrochimaru(m): 4:31am On Sep 23, 2013
Still isn't working. Tells me to sign into wifi network
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by Baadal(m): 8:33am On Sep 23, 2013
toongee8701:

Baadal is it still working on yours till now and is dia any special setting you used?pls kindly respond.thanks
no special settings whatsoever. ..guess am lucky
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by weldamea: 10:43am On Sep 23, 2013
It works around 12pm till evening 7-9pm daily. That is my observation.
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by ponana(m): 11:20pm On Sep 24, 2013
It no longer works here too.. Bt I was in one of their mobile offices in Total filling stations and the geek guy there told me it still works. I got home and it was kinda slow when I tried it with my tab and it didn't even work on laptop. I guess its a network issue on theere end. Let's just every they return hale and hearty as they left otherwise na airtel tinz for me be that

1 Like

Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by Ekennovative(m): 5:53am On Sep 25, 2013
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2013
Ekennovative: A considerable alternative
http://ekennovative..com/2013/09/etisalat-bis-has-stopped-working-on-pc.html

No one should bother visiting this useless blog. The alternative the blog suggested is what we already been using for a long time : Airtel bis.
Nonsense..
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by mcgboye(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2013
Mine stopped working about 10days ago. It was bliss while it lasted
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by sirantonio(m): 6:03am On Sep 26, 2013
Not working
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by solarenergy: 9:11pm On Sep 28, 2013
Any updates? Is it working?
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by aarizino: 9:20pm On Sep 28, 2013
Here is what I observed..
It connects and works only when you switch your device to "EDGE" does not work on 3G..
But you have to connect and disconnect until it loads..
I don tire 4 d tin sef..
Saving 1500 for Airtel joor..
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by ponana(m): 7:49am On Sep 29, 2013
It is now working for me and also for a friend of mine that w as complaining as well. I think its a network issue. Etisalat people in the house dey observe like say dem no dey here..make una well done ooo.
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by sampaio6(m): 8:33am On Sep 29, 2013
aarizino: Here is what I observed..
It connects and works only when you switch your device to "EDGE" does not work on 3G..
But you have to connect and disconnect until it loads..
I don tire 4 d tin sef..
Saving 1500 for Airtel joor..
but does it work on android phones.?
Re: Etisalat BIS Via Mobile Hotspot No Longer Works?? by aarizino: 8:46am On Sep 29, 2013
sampaio6: but does it work on android phones.?

Yes it does my bro, actually tested it with "TECNO N3"...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Are Tecno Offices Located In Nigeria. / Best Phones With Budget Of #25000 / Oneplus One 3GB RAM 64GB Phone. 2014 Flagship Killer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.