Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:48 PM

Did You Attend An A.C.E School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Did You Attend An A.C.E School? (3652 Views)

Photo: Will You Attend This School If Admission Is Free / Desegregation: The First Black Girl To Attend An All White School Turns 60 / F C E, Abeokuta 2013/2014 Nce Program Admission Session (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by homesteady(m): 2:13pm On Sep 14, 2013
If you attended an A.C.E school, let's meet here and discuss about PACE's cheesy

For those who don't understand what A.C.E means - It is an acronym for Accelerated Christian Education. It is an American curriculum, which is individualized, Biblically-
based, and character-building!
It is individualized in the sense that, you are meant to work on your own, without any assistance from your supervisors, except when you don't understand. And you'll score your work by yourself!
It is Biblically - based in the sense that, it is built on Christian teaching, and we are required to memorise a Bible verse in the PACE's we are working on!
It is character-building in the sense that, we are taught the character traits of Jesus, and we are expected to follow his footsteps!

We make use of workbooks called PACE's (Packets of
Accelerated Christian Education) which consists of mathematics,
English, science, social studies and word
building (spelling and word usage), this are the basic ones, but there are other paces for french and other less important subjects.

Score keys are published for the corresponding PACEs and as I said earlier, we score our work by ourselves, then we meet our supervisors to sign.
Then when we are through with any of our PACE's, we submit it to our supervisor, and he/she gives us the test paper(it comes along with the PACE's). If we score less than 90%, we'll erase all the work we've done on the PACE and start all over cheesy . But if we get from 90% - 99%, you'll be given a coloured star (each PACE has its own colour) but if you get 100%, you'll be given a golden star

You are meant to work on 16 PACE's per term, that's if your school only works on mathematics, english, science and world-building. i.e four paces per subject!
But in addition to this PACE's, you'll also follow the normal Nigerian curriculum, i.e
you'll also do the normal subjects that other schools offer
So working on PACE's gives you more advantage over other students who don't work on PACE's cheesy
For More information about ACE schools, you can google it out or visit their website - www.aceministries.com or rather still, ask me, I'll given you more information!
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by widowhusband: 12:13pm On Sep 27, 2014
do u mean u mark ur scripts, like for mathematics how will u correct urself when u dont even know how to start? what class r u. im considering putting my kids. pls try to revive the thread
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by homesteady(m): 2:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
widowhusband: do u mean u mark ur scripts, like for mathematics how will u correct urself when u dont even know how to start? what class r u. im considering putting my kids. pls try to revive the thread

Whoaa! my thread! I've even forgotten that I have such a thread!
Ok now to your questions -
Yea we mark the paces ourselves, then we give it to our supervisor to sign! If there is any wrong answer, you'll mark it wrong, then you'll have to do it again and Rescore it again! (I'll upload some pictures to explain better)
For every exercise, there are examples and details on how to solve them! If you don't understand, ask your supervisor or any of your classmate who is through with the pace!
I'm not in an ACE school again, I'm in UNIBEN now!
Its a very good idea to put your kids in an ACE school! it gives children more exposure!

1 Like

Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by widowhusband: 5:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
ok, is it affiliated to a church, fraternity, ideology or sth
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by homesteady(m): 9:44am On Nov 07, 2015
widowhusband:
ok, is it affiliated to a church, fraternity, ideology or sth

It affiliated to Bible and not necessarily a Church. Any Christian can use it because it doesn't really promote any doctrine or Christian denomination.
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by homesteady(m): 9:56am On Nov 07, 2015
What paces look like - Word building -
Science -
Maths -
English -
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by drealzum(m): 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2015
There is what is called "score key". Every PACE that a student is working on has a score key. That is like answers to the package you are working on. So after working to a point you go and score(mark) what you have done then you take it to a supervisor who cross check your work before he signs. One advantage of this program is that it builds sincerity and independence.
widowhusband:
do u mean u mark ur scripts, like for mathematics how will u correct urself when u dont even know how to start? what class r u. im considering putting my kids. pls try to revive the thread
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by dreuche: 5:56pm On Aug 07, 2016
homesteady:

Whoaa! my thread! I've even forgotten that I have such a thread!
Ok now to your questions -
Yea we mark the paces ourselves, then we give it to our supervisor to sign! If there is any wrong answer, you'll mark it wrong, then you'll have to do it again and Rescore it again! (I'll upload some pictures to explain better)
For every exercise, there are examples and details on how to solve them! If you don't understand, ask your supervisor or any of your classmate who is through with the pace!
I'm not in an ACE school again, I'm in UNIBEN now!
Its a very good idea to put your kids in an ACE school! it gives children more exposure!

Great mind(s), pls my daughter runs ACE in nairobi...now she's joined me in Nigeria. Pls do we v a centre in Lagos? Besides, I feel d gathering of pupils will strive for excellence, competition and network wen kids attend d conventional school...pls advice. Thank u.
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by paultofman: 12:53pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hi all, I am looking for ACE schools in Nigeria, preferably those in South West and Abuja. I work with an ACE school in UK and I will be in Nigeria for 3 months. I want to introduce some initiatives and programmes to ACE schools while I am in Nigeria.
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by Memories12411: 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2018
Do we have ACE schools in Nigeria. Can you mention them?
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by homesteady(m): 12:04am On Oct 26, 2018
Memories12411:

Yes, there are quite a few. Unfortunately I only know the name of one - Daystar Christian Academy Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by Memories12411: 11:23pm On Oct 27, 2018
homesteady:

Yes, there are quite a few. Unfortunately I only know the name of one - Daystar Christian Academy Kaduna.
Thank you.
Please, can you give me more details about the school? Is it secondary school? Boarding or day?
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by homesteady(m): 12:53am On Oct 28, 2018
Memories12411:

Thank you.
Please, can you give me more details about the school? Is it secondary school? Boarding or day?

It's a church school. The name of the primary school is Lifespring while Daystar is the secondary school, which is a boarding school.

The school offers both Nigerian and ACE curriculum.

1 Like

Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by Memories12411: 8:47am On Oct 28, 2018
homesteady:

It's a church school. The name of the primary school is Lifespring while Daystar is the secondary school, which is a boarding school.

Thank you very much. I appreciate.
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by drealzum(m): 4:39am On Oct 30, 2018
Memories12411:

There is potters academy in kaduna which is made up of primary and secondary.
There is also another primary and secondary owned by Restoration Bible Church.
life spring is the name of the primary school and Day star the secondary school as he has told you.
Then there is Heritage of grace academy in Jos.

1 Like

Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by Memories12411: 2:38pm On Oct 30, 2018
drealzum:

life spring is the name of the primary school and Day star the secondary school as he has told you.
Then there is Heritage of grace academy in Jos.
Thank you Sir. I so much appreciate.
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by Memories12411: 2:43pm On Oct 30, 2018
[quote author=drealzum post=72522683]

Then there is Heritage of grace academy in Jos. [/quote
Is there any boarding secondary school that runs ACE curriculum in Jos? Thank you Sir.
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by Memories12411: 2:45pm On Oct 30, 2018
homesteady:

Thank you Sir. I talked with the principal.
Re: Did You Attend An A.C.E School? by lizdammy: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2020
Thank you for the thread. Our children attend ACE school in Abuja too.

It is a great opportunity for children to learn at their pace.

ACE rocks!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Law School Posting List / World’s Tallest Boy Is Two Times Taller Than Classmates / How To Fall Sound Asleep In Just One Minute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.