Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,922 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" (6338 Views)

My Natural Hair Wants To Kill Me Before My Time / Grow Your Natural Hair Long / Beauty Of Natural Hair Thread :) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
This thread is created to enable us learn and appreciate our kids hair.

* Drop your regimen for your kid(s), products you use on kid(s).

* Goals and Lenght of hair you want to achieve for your child's hair.

* List out chanlleges you are facing.

* What protective styles do you use for your kids..

LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED...............

YOU ALL ARE WELCOME...
Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 3:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
i have 2 daughters, their hairs are natural. ( MY HAIR IS NATURAL TOO).

REGIMEN: I wash their hair with liquid black soap i made with dudu osun.
i co wash their hair with kids organics shea butter condtioning shampoo.
once in a week i deep condition their hair with kids organics protein enriched conditioner and once in a month i use ORS replenish conditioner as a deep conditioner for their hair.
i do hot oil treatment for them once in a month aswell
i mixed oilive oil, melted sheabutter oil, coconut oil, jojoba oil and jamaican black castor oil( though little cos the oil is heavy) as mosturisers.
No protective styles yet cos their hairs are small so we rock TWA with hair bands.
My daily routine is wash or co-wash then apply my mixed oils ( i massage their scalp to stimulate hair growth) or style with kids organics smoothing & styling gel n rock out hair band.
For detangling i use kids organics conditioning detangler.

Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 14, 2013
GOAL: i want the edges, side edges and the back of my kid's hair to grow out very full and rich.
below is a pic.

Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 6:07am On Sep 15, 2013
Has any Mom tried avocado mixed with oilive oil applied on the hair n cover with shower cap to seat for 30min - 1hour? i heard it eliminates frizz.

I will give it a try n post results.

If your child's hair is not growing out properly, massger castor oil on their scalp to stimulate growth.
PATIENCE is the KEY.

stil waiting for other Moms to hopp in.
Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by NappilyNigerian(f): 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2013
cocospice: GOAL: i want the edges, side edges and the back of my kid's hair to grow out very full and rich.
below is a pic.

Well, I've worked with some moms and regular application of a 1:1 mix of castor and shea butter to make a thick cream has worked well. It also helps with styling if your baby is a girl.

Also those mini puffs with rubber bands really wreck havoc on the child's hair and may stress the hair follicles. instead try styles like fingercoils, minitwists and the moisturised afro.

I have some simple regimen on my blog www.nappilynigeriangirl..com under the label 'children' and some products I've discovered that work really well with children's hair.

Hope this helps.

P.s. I'm proud of you mums that try to care for their kid's natural hair.
My mum did the same and I thank God for her. She has passed down her basic knowledge in natural hair care and I've never seen any reason to relax it.

3 Likes

Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 07, 2013
NappilyNigerian:

Well, I've worked with some moms and regular application of a 1:1 mix of castor and shea butter to make a thick cream has worked well. It also helps with styling if your baby is a girl.

Also those mini puffs with rubber bands really wreck havoc on the child's hair and may stress the hair follicles. instead try styles like fingercoils, minitwists and the moisturised afro.

I have some simple regimen on my blog www.nappilynigeriangirl..com under the label 'children' and some products I've discovered that work really well with children's hair.

Hope this helps.

P.s. I'm proud of you mums that try to care for their kid's natural hair.
My mum did the same and I thank God for her. She has passed down her basic knowledge in natural hair care and I've never seen any reason to relax it.

thanks so much.. am open to learning. wil adhere to ur advice and visit the children section on your blog.
Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 3:13am On Oct 08, 2013
*following*
Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
AlbinoNinja: *following*

welcome on board
Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
cocospice:

welcome on board

Thanks.

Theres a similar thread somewhere with natural kid styles. Ill find it and link it later.
Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
AlbinoNinja:

Thanks.

Theres a similar thread somewhere with natural kid styles. Ill find it and link it later.

Aite waiting.........
Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Re: MOMS Of Natural Hair Kids "Lets Meet Here" by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 09, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Is The Peplum Trend For Everyone? / 15 Trending Lace And Ankara Aso Ebi Styles / Queen Of Peace Nigeria Contestants To Resume Camp, As Organiser Unveils Prospect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.