Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,885 members, 7,810,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:21 AM

Grow Your Natural Hair Long - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Grow Your Natural Hair Long (30551 Views)

Growing Nigerian Hair Long- Relaxed Or Natural / Ladies: Share Pictures Of Your Natural Hair Here / How To Grow Nigerian Hair Long: My Hair Journey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 12:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
If you want to grow your natural hair strong and healthy, check out my blog! I am a pure Nigerian girl, and my blog is dedicated to giving advice to my fellow Nigerian sisters on how to deal with their Afro hair and grow it long. If you have relaxed hair you are also welcome to have a look! Its a new blog please comment and follow! With the right hair care products and gentle handling, our hair can grow as long as we want. My hair is approaching bra strap length and I am still on my journey to longer hair! I look forward to having you all on my journey!!

email me: beautifullynappy@gmail.com

Check out my blog at:

http://beautifullynappy./

3 Likes

Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 12:32pm On Nov 16, 2013
If you have any personal hair questions feel free to email me at @beautifullynappy.com cheesy

1 Like

Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by Merkki(f): 12:49pm On Nov 16, 2013
I sent you an e-mail. No reply.
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 12:59pm On Nov 16, 2013
@Merkki sorrry my email is beautifullynappy@gmail.com, I put up the wrong address! Sorry cheesy You can send me one now! I will definitely respond
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 1:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
@Merkki have you sent another email yet? If you have I have not seen it cheesy please use the updated email I put, make sure its the right one! Looking forward to your questions smiley
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by Merkki(f): 1:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
beautifulynappy: @Merkki have you sent another email yet? If you have I have not seen it cheesy please use the updated email I put, make sure its the right one! Looking forward to your questions smiley
My hair is relaxed but I need to grow the front part. It is scanty too. I'm also interested in the nappy pudding
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 1:16pm On Nov 16, 2013
@Merkki, if your front hair is scanty its probably because of tight hair styles. That is the number 1 cause of frontal hair loss. Stop doing overly tight buns, braids or even weaves. If you feel pressure or pain on your scalp while styling relax your grip on your hair or tell the hair stylist to relax their grip. I recommend applying Jamaican black castor oil to the scanty area and stay away from styles that put too much pressure on your front hair for a while. What is the natural pudding? Can you clarify please cheesy

1 Like

Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by Merkki(f): 1:18pm On Nov 16, 2013
beautifulynappy: @Merkki, if your front hair is scanty its probably because of tight hair styles. That is the number 1
I braid a lot. I don't use weaves. And I'm yet to find a reasonable looking wig.
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 1:21pm On Nov 16, 2013
Which country do you live? I can give you info on nice wigs cheesy
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2013
Merkki:
I braid a lot. I don't use weaves. And I'm yet to find a reasonable looking wig.

Also when you go braids, dont put a large amount of braids on a small section of hair, if the braids are heavier than the hair then after a while the hair will start to fall out from the roots. Be sure to tell the stylist to cut a hair section that is always a little larger or heavier than the braid that will be placed on it.

1 Like

Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 1:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
Merkki:
My hair is relaxed but I need to grow the front part. It is scanty too. I'm also interested in the nappy pudding

if your front hair is scanty its probably because of tight hair styles. That is the number 1 cause of frontal hair loss. Stop doing overly tight buns, braids or even weaves. If you feel pressure or pain on your scalp while styling relax your grip on your hair or tell the hair stylist to relax their grip. I recommend applying Jamaican black castor oil to the scanty area and stay away from styles that put too much pressure on your front hair for a while. What is the natural pudding? Can you clarify please
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by Merkki(f): 1:27pm On Nov 16, 2013
beautifulynappy: Which country do you live? I can give you info on nice wigs cheesy
I''ll send you an email later. I also need to get some hair products or the pudding thing you mentioned. Someone can send them to me over here. I'm not in Nigeria. Thanks for your time.
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by Merkki(f): 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2013
Thanks. as for the pudding, you mentioned a recipe you mixed yourself for your hair. I guess I can't remember the exact name. It was on that thread that made homepage.
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 1:39pm On Nov 16, 2013
Merkki: Thanks. as for the pudding, you mentioned a recipe you mixed yourself for your hair. I guess I can't remember the exact name. It was on that thread that made homepage.

Oh I sell natural hair products at affordable rates cheesy, I had a few recipes on my blog, is it the Rhassoul clay shampoo? The Avocado Conditioner? The Sheabutter Conditioner? or The classic?
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2013
Merkki:
I''ll send you an email later. I also need to get some hair products or the pudding thing you mentioned. Someone can send them to me over here. I'm not in Nigeria. Thanks for your time.

I ship hair products worldwide as well if you are interested. beautifullynappy@gmail.com
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by rofemiguwa(f): 12:06am On Nov 17, 2013
Sorry merkit u are confusing d two hairbloggers.nappy puddy is made by nappynigerian.she is d one her post made front page.beautynappy is anoda blogger.also into hair care.so u might wanna make ur choice.

2 Likes

Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 12:37am On Nov 17, 2013
I just want to make it known that I am not NappilyNigerian. I guess the nappy in the names are similar! I am Beautifully Nappy, I am also a Nigerian person who is into Natural Hair care and skin products. I believe in all my posts I have made it clear that I am a new blogger cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2013
Have a look at some of my home made hair recipes:

http://beautifullynappy./2013/11/01/6-simple-hair-recipes/

3 Likes

Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 10:44pm On Nov 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by Nobody: 2:27am On Nov 18, 2013
Cool blog, beautifullynappy. Your hair's 4c, yeh?
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 10:47am On Nov 18, 2013
Yield: Cool blog, beautifullynappy. Your hair's 4c, yeh?

Yes it is! Thank you cheesy
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by monimine: 11:38am On Nov 18, 2013
Please how can one solve the problem of breakage at the middle of your hair and also serious dandruff. then can one use like 2two teaspoon of lime, 2 teaspoon of coconut oil with the black soap for washing of ones hair because of this? somebody advice I do it and then cover the hair for like 30 mins.
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2013
monimine: Please how can one solve the problem of breakage at the middle of your hair and also serious dandruff. then can one use like 2two teaspoon of lime, 2 teaspoon of coconut oil with the black soap for washing of ones hair because of this? somebody advice I do it and then cover the hair for like 30 mins.

Well Lime, Coconut oil, and Black Soap are all natural ingredients and I know coconut oil and black soap are very good for the hair. However I have not used this combination for my hair and its possible it might work. I recommend 1 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 2 Cups of Water, spray it on your scalp and leave in for 30-40mins and rinse. The Apple Cider vinegar cleanses and conditions your scalp, then you can put a very small amount of coconut oil on your scalp. You can repeat this once a week. Make sure its Apple Cider Vinegar and not the white vinegar cheesy

I also recommend you wash your hair at least once every two weeks to keep it clean, avoid greasing your scalp and harsh shampoos. Also try not to scratch your scalp, because scratching causes hair loss. If it itches just tap it. Also don't let stylists pull your hair, it will also cut it.
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
monimine: Please how can one solve the problem of breakage at the middle of your hair and also serious dandruff. then can one use like 2two teaspoon of lime, 2 teaspoon of coconut oil with the black soap for washing of ones hair because of this? somebody advice I do it and then cover the hair for like 30 mins.

You can also use 1 Table Spoon of Lemon and 5 Table Spoons of Coconut oil leave on your scalp for 30mins and rinse. You can repeat this up to twice a week, same with the Apple Cider Vinegar remedy ( pick any) if the dandruff and itching is severe. Have a lovely day and I hope this helps.
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by monimine: 10:09am On Nov 19, 2013
Thanks so much dear. I will try all these and get back to you.
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by monimine: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2013
please where can I get Apple Cider Vinegar? and how much are they selling it?
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 12:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
monimine: please where can I get Apple Cider Vinegar? and how much are they selling it?

I cant remember the price but its not expensive, you can get it in supermarkets like shoprite both in Ikeja and in Victoria Island. Health Plus Pharmacy both in Ikeja and on the Island. I am sure most super markets like oasis supermarket, opic plaza, mobolaji bank anthony street, beside sheraton hotel ikeja and "Park N Shop" will have it. But its fairly common in Lagos, hope this helps. Have a nice day smiley
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by angelarababy(f): 5:50am On Nov 20, 2013
Merkki:

Maybe you can searching :royalmewigs wink
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 8:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
If you get irritated by weaves, braids or any synthetic hair perhaps you should try this! I will definitely try this before my next braid!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pXx2N54ic4&list=PLyaqid2R4zJJGAyj7-klJ74tWhcvbkGDR
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by barag(f): 12:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
[quote author=beautifulynappy]

the price is between 550 for d small one n 950 4 d big on. pls beautifullynappy u mentioned dt is hair type is 4c. how does one ge to know their hair type
Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by beautifulynappy(f): 2:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
[quote author=barag][/quote]

Well someone ( I am not sure who) developed a system of typing natural hair, based on how it looks and feels. So we know how to take of our hair based on our hair needs. Here is a picture of the chart and you chose based on the one your hair is most similar too, to be honest my hair is more 4b/4c its mixture of textures, because come areas are less kinky that others. You can also just google natural hair types. smiley

Re: Grow Your Natural Hair Long by MMHair: 11:02am On Nov 22, 2013
Looking for that luxurious and affordable hair extension? Add BBPIN: 2B091D36/ Call 08085524424 for the mind-blowing weave! No tangles, fabulous maintenance! 8 - 26'' in stock! Don't miss out!!!
Here is a review on the weave: http://forstylesake..com/2013/11/hair-review-mias-signature-weave.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nyekachi Douglas Wins Top Model At The Miss World 2019 / A Lady Using An Electric Iron To 'Straighten' Her Hair / I Need Good Tailors To Employ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.