Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,621 members, 7,813,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

closed - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / closed (853 Views)

Thread closed by op / topic closed / Free Calls With Closed User Groups: How To Register (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

closed by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
closed

1 Like

Re: closed by Emekayoung(m): 2:50pm On Sep 14, 2013
Ask a psychiatrist,he has the reliable answer for u cheesy cheesy
Re: closed by nani667: 2:54pm On Sep 14, 2013
...and yet another useless thread has surfaced.....
Re: closed by stano2(m): 3:17pm On Sep 14, 2013
wow! where are dis guys dat hav gotten crazy because of phone specs...over to u
Re: closed by Emekayoung(m): 4:29pm On Sep 14, 2013
I am marvelled at the kind of questions that come frm nairalanders this days,i pity u people angry
Re: closed by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 14, 2013
dude.. a quadcore is better than any dualcore....

a quadcore overclocked at 1.2ghz..

is better than any dualcore overclocked at 1.5ghz...

unless its an unknown Chinese product...

those guys hav a way of editing the build.prop of a phone to diaplay quadcore, while its really a dual core or single core... PEACE...

p.s dis thread isnt really needed..
Re: closed by OCTAVO: 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2013

smiley
Re: closed by Mafia4life(m): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
neroflo57: fellow nairalanders do kindly help me out...i see some phones clocked @ quadcore 1.2ghz and some dualcore 1.5ghz...in real life,which of this 2 processors ll be faster and more reliable (1st question)
...in general,is quadcore better than dualcore or other factors are also involved(2nd question)
You asked a very sensible question. This is something people misunderstood. Since the clock rate for the dualcore is higher than the quadcore, the dualcore will definately be much more faster than the quadcore. The number of cores applies to be faster when there are much task being processed by the cpu. How? If the core speed is 1000mhz, Lets say the number of processes running is 10. That means the processing speed for each process ( background apps plus foreground apps) will be 100mhz.
Re: closed by danchuzzy(m): 7:41pm On Sep 14, 2013
It all depends on your phone usage... IMHO, a 1.5GHz dual core is better than a 1.2GHz Quad-core if you are a light phone user... Or someone suffering from multitaskiphobia... But if you are a heavy user, with careless abandon for multitasking, go for 1.2GHz Quad-core.

Reason being that your device assigns processes to cores such that when 1 core is over clocked, the next core picks up from where the previous one stopped.
So while a device with 2 cores clocked at 1.5GHz may be overworked and become laggy at some point of usage, another device with 4 cores clocked at 1.2GHz would still be as swift in response as ever.
Re: closed by danchuzzy(m): 7:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
OCTAVO:
smiley
Relax jor...
Re: closed by francis247(m): 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2013
OCTAVO:
smiley
Answer the question.
Re: closed by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
deejay_harry1: dude.. a quadcore is better than any dualcore....

a quadcore overclocked at 1.2ghz..

is better than any dualcore overclocked at 1.5ghz...

unless its an unknown Chinese product...

those guys hav a way of editing the build.prop of a phone to diaplay quadcore, while its really a dual core or single core... PEACE...

p.s dis thread isnt really needed..
thanks bt no thanks
Re: closed by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2013
danchuzzy: It all depends on your phone usage... IMHO, a 1.5GHz dual core is better than a 1.2GHz Quad-core if you are a light phone user... Or someone suffering from multitaskiphobia... But if you are a heavy user, with careless abandon for multitasking, go for 1.2GHz Quad-core.

Reason being that your device assigns processes to cores such that when 1 core is over clocked, the next core picks up from where the previous one stopped.
So while a device with 2 cores clocked at 1.5GHz may be overworked and become laggy at some point of usage, another device with 4 cores clocked at 1.2GHz would still be as swift in response as ever.
thanks alot man
Re: closed by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 14, 2013
Mafia4life: You asked a very sensible question. This is something people misunderstood. Since the clock rate for the dualcore is higher than the quadcore, the dualcore will definately be much more faster than the quadcore. The number of cores applies to be faster when there are much task being processed by the cpu. How? If the core speed is 1000mhz, Lets say the number of processes running is 10. That means the processing speed for each process ( background apps plus foreground apps) will be 100mhz.
thanks broda
Re: closed by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
as 4 d rest of ona wn yab my thread...SMH
Re: closed by Emekayoung(m): 9:07am On Sep 15, 2013
neroflo57: as 4 d rest of ona wn yab my thread...SMH
My guy nobody yab u but i xpect u 2knw it urself.
Re: closed by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 15, 2013
Emekayoung:
My guy nobody yab u but i xpect u 2knw it urself.
ok thanks sha

(1) (Reply)

HD Andriod Games / I Nid A Samsungnote2 / Have Mercy On The Tablet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.