Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,032 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me (1353 Views)

Dear Financial Gurus: Can You Say Portfolio Income Is Kind-of Passive? / Pls Advice Me, Where Can I Invest 200000 Naira. / Advice Me On Where To Invest Little Money Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by remioshy(f): 5:34pm On Sep 14, 2013
Please i am in need of financial and investment advice, I need to invest some amount of money about 600k, I will need this money in about 2 years from now for my child's university education, I want to know what can I invest this money on that could yield me half or nearly double ( if it's realistic though :

- should I buy a plot of land with the money and sell it off in 2yrs ( I'm sceptical cos of the hassles of land and many stories heard)

- should I put in a fixed deposit or is there any other type of account in the bank that can keep for 2yrs , how much can I get from it in 2yrs

- is treasury bills still any good,

About six years ago I invested about 900k with zenith funds, this year which makes it 6 , I only have about 300k extra which I feel is too small a profit after six years. I Had to take out from it to see if I can invest in something more profitable.

Pls I'm sorry don't advice me to come and invest in your biz cos i don't stay in Nigeria and don't want the hassle pls. I just need advice on how best to keep the money and get more from it.

Buy land or fix in the bank.

Thanks a lot
Re: Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by remioshy(f): 7:59am On Sep 15, 2013
Still waiting
Re: Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by stockbull(m): 12:30pm On Sep 15, 2013
The secret of investment is "doing what you know how to do"rewards go with risk so, invest in less risk investment and moderate profit because you cant afford to lose your fund in order to secure your child's education.
Re: Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by jethro2: 1:50pm On Sep 15, 2013
I will go with stockbull. Invest in what you know best. Doubling or tripling the money will involves risk. The more ROI you wants, the more risk it involves. Banks, treasury bills and co takes the slightest risk thats why you get minimal returns. On the other hand, why not try Hedge Funds over there. Just thinking aloud.
Re: Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by remioshy(f): 5:23pm On Sep 16, 2013
Thanks a lot, wl do
Re: Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
Join WorldVentures and become financially free, see details at: http://www.oracleblogger.com/2013/09/worldventures-best-growing-network-for.html
Re: Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by FINMGR: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
if you intend to fix it for two years and have up to N1m, we can give you 15% interest rate. Try us at www.equatorcapitalng.com
Re: Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by sweetjeremiah: 1:42pm On Sep 27, 2013
If you need secrets to enable you create and develop new products and services.
, help your business to introduce products and services which will be a blessing to people's lives.
, I can give you innovative concepts and new ideas to enable you develop newer and better goods and services for your company.I can let the positive growth of your business amaze your friends and foes.
I can direct you to stop planning and working on any project which will waste your time and energy.
I can stop financial wastage depart from your business
I can help you to locate a sound financial institution that can and will properly handle our money matters.
I can Creating Good Working Relationships , good reputation, favor with clients and customers,abundant prosperity.
I can Creating Good Working Relationships
show wisdom for you to occupy important decision-making positions, increased sales and services and expanded markets,new product ideas and new servicing concepts
Re: Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by sammynigel(m): 5:03pm On Sep 28, 2013
Every Investment has risk to reward ratio, and every investor has risk absorbing capability.
Your child's career depends on those funds, so you cannot take a risk and should disciplined yourself by investing in defensive instruments.
I would suggest you to continue with FD and Government Bonds.
Real Estate will definitely give you more returns but you can face with liquidity problem and also Real Estate investing is typically a long term investment typically in a range to 10 to 15 years.
Investing in stock's would be with attached risk, after 2 years you may not get the expected returns or sometimes negative return and would be compel to carry on that load or book your position with loss.
Forex trading is high risk and not suitable to any other person unless your are a professional trader.
Re: Financial Gurus Pls Advice Me by Hanashel: 8:16pm On Sep 28, 2013
remioshy: Please i am in need of financial and investment advice, I need to invest some amount of money about 600k, I will need this money in about 2 years from now for my child's university education, I want to know what can I invest this money on that could yield me half or nearly double ( if it's realistic though :

- should I buy a plot of land with the money and sell it off in 2yrs ( I'm sceptical cos of the hassles of land and many stories heard)

- should I put in a fixed deposit or is there any other type of account in the bank that can keep for 2yrs , how much can I get from it in 2yrs

- is treasury bills still any good,

About six years ago I invested about 900k with zenith funds, this year which makes it 6 , I only have about 300k extra which I feel is too small a profit after six years. I Had to take out from it to see if I can invest in something more profitable.

Pls I'm sorry don't advice me to come and invest in your biz cos i don't stay in Nigeria and don't want the hassle pls. I just need advice on how best to keep the money and get more from it.

Buy land or fix in the bank.

Thanks a lot

Hi, I have a proposal for you, let me do some calculation on a risk free investment for you base on the 2yrs plan and forward it to your mail or here. Would you like to have it in your mail or should I forward it here?

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Richest States In Nigeria 2016 / Piuni Telecoms Biz... Global Launch! You Don't Want To Miss This$$$$ / Stop Telling Stories, Take The Action Now, Make A Wise Decision Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.