Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:58 AM

Urgent Advise Needed - Keystone Bank Marketer - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Urgent Advise Needed - Keystone Bank Marketer (1370 Views)

AMCON Seeks To Sell Keystone Bank / Can Someone Tell Me What Is Happening To Keystone Bank? / AMCON Announces Sale Of Shares In Enterprise, Keystone And Mainstreet Banks. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Advise Needed - Keystone Bank Marketer by sammily(m): 8:15pm On Dec 23, 2013
I operate an account with Keystone bank with some cash laying domant in it, so about three months ago I decided to invest it in treasury bills. I went to their festac branch at 2nd Avenue and approach one of their marketers for the investment, she advised that I do a fixed deposit instead but I explained that their rate is low compared to treasury bills but she begged me to do the fixed deposit, that she will give me 11% rate, that her job is at stake and bla bla bla. Anyway, I accepted, we signed the agreement for 60 days which I made a copy. Few days later when I went for the certificate, I noticed that the rate on it was 7.5%. I called her and she explained that she will pay the balance to my account when the investment matures.

Now, investment matured on the 10th of December and all I've gotten so far is the 7.5% return written on the certificate. Tried calling her and is either she's not picking or her phone is off. The last time we spoke was because I voiced my anger and disappointment with one of her colleague at the branch which made her later call me and after a heated argument, promised to pay the balance this week.

I know the week is not over yet but just in case she didn't honour her promise, what do u think I should do? who can I report this matter to? is there a department in Keystone bank that handles cases like this in their bank? I still have a copy of the signed agreement/form with me indicating that I agreed to a rate if 11%.

Your advise are most welcome and if anybody has experienced this kind of issue before, how did he/she go about resolving it.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed - Keystone Bank Marketer by sunnydayasaba(m): 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2013
You want a marketer who am sure earns less to pay you additional 3.5% interest with her money, That's so unfair of you, You knw very well that No fix deposit can pay that much interest of 11%, Your even very lucky to get 7.5% for a 60 days core. Pls over look it and let the girl be, Dnt be greedy, She has suffered enough frm the Bank dnt add urs abeg.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advise Needed - Keystone Bank Marketer by oseiwe(m): 5:10am On Dec 24, 2013
U took d wrong step d moment frm d first minute. U should hv gone to your home branch cos I'm sure that was not d branch u opened that acct, and u shld hv liquidated it d moment u saw a lower figure on your certificate cos that is not wat u signed.
I'm sure that lady might even be servicing loans she took and is even lookin for lifelines, the mistake has been made, u shld hv looked for your acct officer.
Re: Urgent Advise Needed - Keystone Bank Marketer by sammily(m): 7:05am On Dec 24, 2013
^^ I was suspicious the moment I saw a lower rate on my certificate but held-on on faith. The issue is not really about the money but the trickery of the whole process. If she had told me initially that she will pay the balance from her own purse, I would have opted out and gone with the treasury bills which I intended to do in the first place. Also the fact that she was dodging me till I had to make a complain to her colleague at the branch. I mean, what is there to call and explain the situation if she has money problems, I could as well waived the whole thing and forget about the whole issue.

I believe that when one makes an agreement, one should try to honour it, or at least call to explain if there is a problem, not dodge out. That gives a bad impression of the person and the bank she's working for.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Please, I Bought 10,000 Units Of Shares From Honey Well Flour Mills Plc / Investment Offer For 2017 / How To Benefit And Use Yellow Card’s Over-the-counter (OTC) Crypto Desk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.